Cody Ford G

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cody Ford, Pro Bowl G eventually. There I said it, just let the guy play the rest of the year. Maybe Keim got lucky considering his luck drafting linemen, or rather his scouts did their job being allowed to push the envelope for their guys in the later rounds
He's more of a run blocker than pass blocker. I was starting to think Keim signed another injury prone player but he finally played lol. We definitely need him now that Pugh is done for the season. I hope he stays healthy, he is massive.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Pro Bowl? Let's just hope he can be an average, reliable starter. BTW we did not draft him..
I'm calling my shot now. What I have heard about him since being 'signed' (not drafting, my bad) and what I have seen makes me believe he'll be Pro Bowl caliber. There are just some players which jump off the screen at you... guy is a bigtime space mover, and next to DJ is where the Cards should most run the rock now in my opinion

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm calling my shot now. What I have heard about him since being 'signed' (not drafting, my bad) and what I have seen makes me believe he'll be Pro Bowl caliber. There are just some players which jump off the screen at you... guy is a bigtime space mover, and next to DJ is where the Cards should most run the rock now in my opinion
Agree. And get fat… Beachum off that field ASAP. He’s a huge liability now. Get Jones a ton of practice reps at RT & get him some game reps. If he sucks, we have no choice but to use Beachum there the rest of the way. If he does well, cut Beachum at the end of the season. This absolutely, positively has to be Beachum’s last season with us. He’s so toasted.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It has been one game and his history is more bad than good. That said, if the Cardinals plan with Hayes, Smith, Ford, and Hernandez is to get a stronger interior line so they can set the pocket for Murray, I feel like that is what they should have been doing since day 1 and Ford seems to be ok in that realm.

Also, maybe it helps the run game...we will see.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Agree. And get fat… Beachum off that field ASAP. He’s a huge liability now. Get Jones a ton of practice reps at RT & get him some game reps. If he sucks, we have no choice but to use Beachum there the rest of the way. If he does well, cut Beachum at the end of the season. This absolutely, positively has to be Beachum’s last season with us. He’s so toasted.

Beachum is a free agent at end of the season.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Agree that Beachum is done. He's good to get beaten bad once per game now.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It has been one game and his history is more bad than good. That said, if the Cardinals plan with Hayes, Smith, Ford, and Hernandez is to get a stronger interior line so they can set the pocket for Murray, I feel like that is what they should have been doing since day 1 and Ford seems to be ok in that realm.

Also, maybe it helps the run game...we will see.
I'm actually hoping the Cardinals try to get cheaper at G-C-G. Too much money has been wasted on nonpremium positions.

I said all offseason that I think the Cardinals are attempting to compete while also resetting the salary cap a bit. Next offseason they don't have a ton of money, but the season after they do, and they can easily rework contracts to free up money to resign anyone they want.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm actually hoping the Cardinals try to get cheaper at G-C-G. Too much money has been wasted on nonpremium positions.

I said all offseason that I think the Cardinals are attempting to compete while also resetting the salary cap a bit. Next offseason they don't have a ton of money, but the season after they do, and they can easily rework contracts to free up money to resign anyone they want.
If true, this is just pathetic. I just don’t know any worthwhile organiAtion that basically punts on trying to be a real contender… for 2 years… 4 YEARS into a rebuild.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
If true, this is just pathetic. I just don’t know any worthwhile organiAtion that basically punts on trying to be a real contender… for 2 years… 4 YEARS into a rebuild.
Which two years?

If they tried this year to push money to next year, next year they wouldn't have crap worth of cap space.

Bidwills<Bensons

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which two years?

If they tried this year to push money to next year, next year they wouldn't have crap worth of cap space.

Bidwills<Bensons

they punted this year and you just said next off-season, they won't have a lot of money either. that's two years, no?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know how good yet but yeah for a first game his run blocking was excellent. He and DJ were really working that left side, add in 2 TE sets and I can see us being a much better run team.

If Lecitus Smith and Hayes turn out to be what we were told, we could be very good running the ball I just hope they can all pass block, that's the clear weakness with Ford so far.

I also liked price, some snap problems and he's not perfect but what a difference not having your C driven back into the backfield on every other snap.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't know how good yet but yeah for a first game his run blocking was excellent. He and DJ were really working that left side, add in 2 TE sets and I can see us being a much better run team.

If Lecitus Smith and Hayes turn out to be what we were told, we could be very good running the ball I just hope they can all pass block, that's the clear weakness with Ford so far.

I also liked price, some snap problems and he's not perfect but what a difference not having your C driven back into the backfield on every other snap.
I think Price will get that corrected, Hudson has struggled with shotgun snaps also.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I consider a solid interior wall for KM a premium need, and if Hernandez and Ford do the job between now and the end of the season, I'm quite happy to pay a veteran rate.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said they will have the flexibility to push money to the next season. 2024 they will have like $80 million.
ah... so you're saying even though they don't have a lot of cap space this upcoming off-season (2023), they can make more by restructure and extensions to free it up because of the space in 2024?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
ah... so you're saying even though they don't have a lot of cap space this upcoming off-season (2023), they can make more by restructure and extensions to free it up because of the space in 2024?
Yep and if they don't, they aren't serious about winning even a little bit.

They have the excuse this year that they couldn't push a ton to next year's cap, but they have no excuses next year.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep and if they don't, they aren't serious about winning even a little bit.

They have the excuse this year that they couldn't push a ton to next year's cap, but they have no excuses next year.
Gotcha.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson