Cobra Kai (Netflix)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Why? Its another channel with content. Which means a bunch of new shows... which means a ton of new jobs for above and below the line in my biz.

And you better get used to it. Within 5-10 years MAX, there will be no cable/satellite. Everything will be streaming and ala carte.

Good for the industry, but not yet for the customer. And I would LOVE it if I could get all the channels I want/need ala carte...with a reliable DVR/cloud service or 100 percent on demand, of course :) And with decent interface. The DVR/interface problem is what's really kept me from cutting the cord.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good for the industry, but not yet for the customer. And I would LOVE it if I could get all the channels I want/need ala carte...with a reliable DVR/cloud service or 100 percent on demand, of course :) And with decent interface. The DVR/interface problem is what's really kept me from cutting the cord.

It’s only a matter of time. I was a non-believer when my friend on the digital side kept preaching that years ago to me, but it’s coming.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why? Its another channel with content. Which means a bunch of new shows... which means a ton of new jobs for above and below the line in my biz.

And you better get used to it. Within 5-10 years MAX, there will be no cable/satellite. Everything will be streaming and ala carte.

Well it’s not true ala carte. It’s hybrid and the industry will collapse under its own weight if they think charging $10 to $15 dollars per service is sustainable long term if all the studios start their own.

The reason streaming has become popular is because people are tired of being forced to pay for content they don’t watch. So instead of giving customers what they want they chose a hybrid model of smaller bundles.

Pay for a few services and your back to cable/satellite prices. Then what? It completely ignores why people are dropping old service to begin with. I think it might be a good short term strategy until people are paying the same amount.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

Just found out that YouTube TV has dvr and has plenty of good channels. Are Youtube TV and Youtube Red different streaming services?

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Well it’s not true ala carte. It’s hybrid and the industry will collapse under its own weight if they think charging $10 to $15 dollars per service is sustainable long term if all the studios start their own.

The reason streaming has become popular is because people are tired of being forced to pay for content they don’t watch. So instead of giving customers what they want they chose a hybrid model of smaller bundles.

Pay for a few services and your back to cable/satellite prices. Then what? It completely ignores why people are dropping old service to begin with. I think it might be a good short term strategy until people are paying the same amount.

Dish and Direct should smarten up and start allow customers to choose their channels or they are going to lose in this entertainment race.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Dish and Direct should smarten up and start allow customers to choose their channels or they are going to lose in this entertainment race.
Dish owns Sling TV and DirectTV has their own streaming TV service.

If you subscribe to Google Music you also get YouTube Red included. Google Music is just like ITunes. Truly unlimited music. And if you subscribe to Google Music Family for $15 you get 6 separate accounts of music and YouTube Red. There are no restrictions. You can share the other 5 accounts with anybody you want and they are all completely separate.

Also YouTube Red eliminates almost all ads from You Tube.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Dish owns Sling TV and DirectTV has their own streaming TV service.

If you subscribe to Google Music you also get YouTube Red included. Google Music is just like ITunes. Truly unlimited music. And if you subscribe to Google Music Family for $15 you get 6 separate accounts of music and YouTube Red. There are no restrictions. You can share the other 5 accounts with anybody you want and they are all completely separate.

Also YouTube Red eliminates almost all ads from You Tube.

So youtube red and youtube TV or 2 different things right?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Disagree. This hurts the consumer upfront but long term, a proliferation of streamers will eventually have to start competing on a mass scale and thats when they’re going to start lowering prices.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The race is already over and it’s only just started.

It’s why CBS already started their own channel with CBS All access. It’s adapt or die time for TV as we know it.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disagree. This hurts the consumer upfront but long term, a proliferation of streamers will eventually have to start competing on a mass scale and thats when they’re going to start lowering prices.

Not going to happen unless prices get down to 5 bucks a piece. I don’t see that ever happening. Consumers get screwed if they end up paying $10 a piece for CBS, Disney, Netflix, NBC, Fox for example.

Do you really see them below that price point? I don’t and 5 services in you are already 50 bucks in, still paying for content you don’t want and a skip away from 100 bills again if most content providers go down this path.

I will believe it when I see it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not going to happen unless prices get down to 5 bucks a piece. I don’t see that ever happening. Consumers get screwed if they end up paying $10 a piece for CBS, Disney, Netflix, NBC, Fox for example.

Do you really see them below that price point? I don’t and 5 services in you are already 50 bucks in, still paying for content you don’t want and a skip away from 100 bills again if most content providers go down this path.

I will believe it when I see it.

Lol... you sound like me five years ago.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It’s going to happen, but the failure is that many channels that seem strong now will fail. If you watch 20 channels normally, a standard viewer isn’t going to pay $5 per service. Only the most popular will survive.

Bundles will be the norm, which is why things like Sling and Directv Now will be the winners long term, not network-specific apps like CBS all-access.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s going to happen, but the failure is that many channels that seem strong now will fail. If you watch 20 channels normally, a standard viewer isn’t going to pay $5 per service. Only the most popular will survive.

Bundles will be the norm, which is why things like Sling and Directv Now will be the winners long term, not network-specific apps like CBS all-access.

Yep. I still believe the first true a la carte service could dominate but they are going to try small bundle first. It’s not what people want. They don’t want streaming to turn into another cable/Sat pricing scenario.

Skratchy_Seal

Registered
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The first two episodes are available to watch for free!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The first two episodes are available to watch for free!

looks pretty good. setting Larusso up to be the cornholio in this one.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I thought they were ridiculous, but awesome in their awfulness. But not entertaining enough to buy.

redheat

A real American hero
Reaction score
Just watched first two. Loved it.

If you like 80s cheese, karate kid, feeling down about your life or the wussifcation of today’s youth then This Johnny is for you!