Coach Whiz' Monday Morning Presser

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
http://bit.ly/abbaLE

You still have to find the right video to watch..

Comments about scared reporters afraid to ask anything about DA.Ken said he played better in the second half,you have to know we only had 7 plays in the 4TH quarter so DA had only ONE quarter out of four to talk about in a positive way.

The 3RD Quarter was definately the best quarter DA has had so far.Not too much to bet the season on yet but coach Whiz thinks only the best is yet to come as we are such a very young team."In his words" not mine with Faneca & Porter & Robinson and begining to worry about how to use AW the best we can without leaving us short on defense.

DA was over 100% QB rating in the third quarter as I figure it out.Whiz is upset Beanie did'nt score on that play he tripped near the goaline with not but a hand touching his hip and it seems if you watch I think Ken may have been heavy on Beanie for that one.

Presser was a little too upbeat for me on a game we should have lost.You gotta Love Coach Whiz if you're a CARDINALS fan.The man has such a great attitude as you see in surgeons.I really believe behind the curtain he chews some ass.I have experience there.

I'm most worried about defending Tightends of the Chargers calibur going into next Sunday.We all know no mention of next Sunday was mentioned as this was a recap on yesterday only.No mention of any injury to anyone,especially Beanie.

If the Seahags had'nt torched the chargers with (2) Kick Off returns for touchdowns ,I don't think chargers lose as they passed up FG's looking for TD late when time was'nt key yet.We have the Hyphrn or The Howler who has a KO return in both of our last two games.One called back for tic-tac penalty in Atlanta which would of Changed game.

We were penalized super heavily in Atlanta while the raiduhs were penalized heavy in our house too.Until long pass int near end of game.Plus I'm sure Adams will get bitched out for playing the ball instead of the man on the raiduhs 70 yd play.He just can't do that again.Expect him to be picked on in the future if a team can get that matchup.

Whiz focused on a matchup of Fitz on a linebacker and the bigtime OVERTHROW from DA ,when years before we would have scored on that everytime.

Personally I'd be searching for an older vet like Garcia as a name just out of the air as Coach Whiz acts like any thought of the kind has never ever entered his mind as we'll be getting better week to week.

I've seen this blindness in head coaches before when they have had past "BIGTIME" success.Its already scaring me as I wonder when his switch will really if "EVER" switch on due to his pride and pure belief in the players we have now. GOD BLESS Coach Whiz.You'll never find a nicer guy to have as coach.Love his level attitude.He'd of been great to have had on the TITANIC>>>:titanic:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If the Seahags had'nt torched the chargers with (2) Kick Off returns for touchdowns ,I don't think chargers lose as they passed up FG's looking for TD late when time was'nt key yet.We have the Hyphrn or The Howler who has a KO return in both of our last two games.One called back for tic-tac penalty in Atlanta which would of Changed game.
I like the Cards chances to bring another one to the house next week. The Chargers also had a return for a TD against them in the KC game.

In fact, next week may be a great time to throw in a trick return with a longer lateral (ala Music City Miracle)

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hey, Doug...

Hope you're doing well, bro.:) You're on my 'prayer"-list and I appreciate your insights. Gotta tell ya'. I just could not enjoy the game from my seat at the local sports bar. Even after the beautiful run by the "Howler". There's just this impending sense of doom when D.A. takes the field. I hate feeling that way.:( I'm a big believer in the 2nd, and even 3rd chance, (THANK-YOU, LORD) and want D.A. to succeed. But when you hit 1 out of every 4 or 5 passes that inconsistency drives me up the wall. You never get this feeling of Alright, NOW we're clicking. ...And the faces on our players and their body language is speaking volumes. I see alot of "looks" saying, What the heck was that?? Truth is, Kurt's play spoiled everyone. Fans, players, and media alike. ...And once you get used to the taste of steak, hamburger helper just doesn't get it done.

BUT, somehow we're 2-1. Sadly, I think it's just an illusion though. I think up-coming 30+ losses to the Chargers, and Saints (respectively) will smack us in the face w/reality. Do I hope I'm completely wrong?? Absolutely! Anyways, hang in there, bro. :)Guess that applies to this years' Cardinals. I waited all year for this and I'm just too stubborn to give up this early. We can lose 6 MORE games and still have a good shot to get in. So, we're nowhere near that ledge yet. GO CARDS! :D ...And I'm just hoping we see Max after the "bye". Yeah, he'll make mistakes. BUT he's also going to bring spark and enthusiasm. :)

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

.Whiz is upset Beanie did'nt score on that play he tripped near the goaline with not but a hand touching his hip and it seems if you watch I think Ken may have been heavy on Beanie for that one.

Whiz focused on a matchup of Fitz on a linebacker and the bigtime OVERTHROW from DA ,when years before we would have scored on that everytime.

On the Beanie run, its seems like he got his pads down expecting contact and when none came, he was too low, too forward to maintain his balance.

On the Fitz throw -- the problem wasnt the accuracy of the throw, but the timing. He threw it too early -- he needed to wait just a half second more and let Fitz clear the linebacker

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

You still have to find the right video to watch..

Comments about scared reporters afraid to ask anything about DA.Ken said he played better in the second half,you have to know we only had 7 plays in the 4TH quarter so DA had only ONE quarter out of four to talk about in a positive way.

The 3RD Quarter was definately the best quarter DA has had so far.Not too much to bet the season on yet but coach Whiz thinks only the best is yet to come as we are such a very young team."In his words" not mine with Faneca & Porter & Robinson and begining to worry about how to use AW the best we can without leaving us short on defense.

DA was over 100% QB rating in the third quarter as I figure it out.Whiz is upset Beanie did'nt score on that play he tripped near the goaline with not but a hand touching his hip and it seems if you watch I think Ken may have been heavy on Beanie for that one.

Presser was a little too upbeat for me on a game we should have lost.You gotta Love Coach Whiz if you're a CARDINALS fan.The man has such a great attitude as you see in surgeons.I really believe behind the curtain he chews some ass.I have experience there.

I'm most worried about defending Tightends of the Chargers calibur going into next Sunday.We all know no mention of next Sunday was mentioned as this was a recap on yesterday only.No mention of any injury to anyone,especially Beanie.

We were penalized super heavily in Atlanta while the raiduhs were penalized heavy in our house too.Until long pass int near end of game.Plus I'm sure Adams will get bitched out for playing the ball instead of the man on the raiduhs 70 yd play.He just can't do that again.Expect him to be picked on in the future if a team can get that matchup.

Personally I'd be searching for an older vet like Garcia as a name just out of the air as Coach Whiz acts like any thought of the kind has never ever entered his mind as we'll be getting better week to week.

I've seen this blindness in head coaches before when they have had past "BIGTIME" success.Its already scaring me as I wonder when his switch will really if "EVER" switch on due to his pride and pure belief in the players we have now. GOD BLESS Coach Whiz.You'll never find a nicer guy to have as coach.Love his level attitude.He'd of been great to have had on the TITANIC>>>:titanic:

I thought before the season began and still think the weak link in our chain is having no experienced backup QB. The way Anderson is getting pounded we will almost assuredly call upon our backup rookie. We do not know how he will play. He could be the next Jim Hart or play like most rookies do or worse than Anderson has to this point. Anderson is 2-1 which is all that really matters so I cannot make a goat out of him yet. He is going up against one of the top three QB's in the NFL shortly. Our defensive backs are going to really get tested. Hopefully the coaches can put some pressure on their QB without bringing the house. He is like Warner and pick apart a blitzing team. I have no idea how you prepare for the Chargers.

titan

i hate the farm
Reaction score
i watched the game again. i have to say that da played very bad. some of it is was not his fault but he was just all over the place. you could see the anger and disgust from fitz, sometimes looking back da. you could feel fitzs' pain out there. i really do think that the clock is ticking on da. fitz will not put up with only 2 catches a game. i think by the bye week you will see a change. jmho

OP
OP
Doug

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I thought before the season began and still think the weak link in our chain is having no experienced backup QB. The way Anderson is getting pounded we will almost assuredly call upon our backup rookie. We do not know how he will play. He could be the next Jim Hart or play like most rookies do or worse than Anderson has to this point. Anderson is 2-1 which is all that really matters so I cannot make a goat out of him yet. He is going up against one of the top three QB's in the NFL shortly. Our defensive backs are going to really get tested. Hopefully the coaches can put some pressure on their QB without bringing the house. He is like Warner and pick apart a blitzing team. I have no idea how you prepare for the Chargers.

I think the Chargers might have a few banged up defensive guys and stud left tackle has to sit out our game also after losing a ton of money sitting out.Normally in the NFL G.O.A.T. means Greatest Of All Time like Jerry rice.

Merriman will be questionable.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys-----for those of you who believe that Max will be our QB after the bye, don't count your chicks before they hatch. I have seen nothing in anything Whiz has said or done to indicate that Hall will start after the bye. I realize that he named him the backup, but I believe that he will only enter the game in the event DA is injured and can't continue. I don't believe Whiz has any intentions to bench DA at any time this season.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hey guys-----for those of you who believe that Max will be our QB after the bye, don't count your chicks before they hatch. I have seen nothing in anything Whiz has said or done to indicate that Hall will start after the bye. I realize that he named him the backup, but I believe that he will only enter the game in the event DA is injured and can't continue. I don't believe Whiz has any intentions to bench DA at any time this season.

So you think Whiz would mention this now? That would be ridiculous. We have no idea what will trigger Whiz to make that move.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought he was upset at Beanie for not scoring. :shrug:

I just had a chance to watch the presser. Coach said that Beanie tripped over his own feet untouched. He slid into the end zone. If he felt that to be the case, he should have challenged the play.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

I would guess that if Anderson had three bad games in a row and we lost all three we would likely see our backup start. Anderson would have to play terrible in those three games. I got to believe that somewhere in that head and body Anderson has some good games in him. The guy one year I think won something like 10 or so games and was one of the best in the league. He has the tools. Maybe he has a head problem? He has to know in some cases he has to arch the ball and in some cases he needs to throw a little softer when the receiver is close. Surely the coaches have him working on these problems during the week.

This week we face one of the best QBs in the NFL. Our defense is going to be really tested and will IMHO be the deciding factor. The Vegas line was the Chargers by 6. If I were betting $10K I would lay it all on the Chargers. Strange things can happen however so lets hope the ball bounces our way, Anderson is spectacular, we recover 3 fumbles, and intercept 3 passes. Rivers set a passing record last week and still lost.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
I just had a chance to watch the presser. Coach said that Beanie tripped over his own feet untouched. He slid into the end zone. If he felt that to be the case, he should have challenged the play.

But then Anderson would not have thrown the TD pass, making his stat line even more laughable, and hurting Whis' credibility more. He likes to choose the wrong players to pick on. What about Hightower dancing behind the line of scrimmage on several plays?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But then Anderson would not have thrown the TD pass, making his stat line even more laughable, and hurting Whis' credibility more. He likes to choose the wrong players to pick on. What about Hightower dancing behind the line of scrimmage on several plays?

I'm having a hard time deciphering this one. Is this well masked sarcasm?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would guess that if Anderson had three bad games in a row and we lost all three we would likely see our backup start. Anderson would have to play terrible in those three games. I got to believe that somewhere in that head and body Anderson has some good games in him. The guy one year I think won something like 10 or so games and was one of the best in the league. He has the tools. Maybe he has a head problem? He has to know in some cases he has to arch the ball and in some cases he needs to throw a little softer when the receiver is close. Surely the coaches have him working on these problems during the week.

This week we face one of the best QBs in the NFL. Our defense is going to be really tested and will IMHO be the deciding factor. The Vegas line was the Chargers by 6. If I were betting $10K I would lay it all on the Chargers. Strange things can happen however so lets hope the ball bounces our way, Anderson is spectacular, we recover 3 fumbles, and intercept 3 passes. Rivers set a passing record last week and still lost.

If that many "strange " things happen, I'm going to start building an ark.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
So you think Whiz would mention this now? That would be ridiculous. We have no idea what will trigger Whiz to make that move.

So------since I said that Whiz probably would not change QB's over the bye week, and that I believe he has no intentions to change him, I should take from your reply that you believe that he WILL change QB's over the bye??????

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So------since I said that Whiz probably would not change QB's over the bye week, and that I believe he has no intentions to change him, I should take from your reply that you believe that he WILL change QB's over the bye??????

I was commenting on you saying you have heard nothing from Whiz indicating he was changing QB's after the bye. Do you really expect him to say this? As for my opinion. If Anderson is as bad the next two weeks as he has been we will lose badly. And he will be out as the starter.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score

Well, at least we're better off than Carolina for the moment. We don't have to start one yet. Hopefully won't have to.

I said it once. The run game has to be our focus now. Whiz will take some shots down field though.

OP
OP
Doug

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I think the 0-4 9ers will still climb back into the division chase before this season is over with.Slam me all you want.I can take it.

I also think Whiz gives DA the benefit of the doubt way,way past the bye week.I don't think Ken even has a panic button to EVER push either.There is no one left to pick up anywhere.Unless someone is released.Then we are way too far down the picking order to get said QB.Its too late for us.We play with who we have.

If Jackson can stay healthy the rams will not finish last in the division this year.

I been talking to O'Brian Schofield many times a day and encouraging the Hell out of him to contribute BIGTIME later this year.He loves it.

DRC and A.J and one other had a match race when back from the ASU practice bubble today with with DRC winning with a 4.3 as reported. What if he pulled a hammy since his teammates said he did'nt even stretch before running.Whiz better put a stop to that stuff even tho Breaston wants to challenge him once he's back healed.

Teammates think DRC could outrun the Titans Chris Johnson.Yeah you guys keep giving him the big head.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
I was commenting on you saying you have heard nothing from Whiz indicating he was changing QB's after the bye. Do you really expect him to say this? As for my opinion. If Anderson is as bad the next two weeks as he has been we will lose badly. And he will be out as the starter.

Well then------now I see how that works. Because I said that guys should not count on Whiz going to Hall over the bye week, I am ridiculous. BUT you can predict that Anderson will be out in the next two weeks, (making you what------a genius)????

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson