Coach Klif Watch WR Adams Of The Packers Tonight And Wakeup

Coach Mark

Reaction score
It is the old adage "Who held Michael Jordan' to 6 points in the NCAA Basketball Tournament ? Answer: Dean Smith. It is now 4 games in a row that that arguably "THE BEST" WR in the NFL, making
$27.25 million per season, has been relegated to " Average". Take out the Hail Mary, DeAndre Hopkins is averaging under 54 yards receiving per game, 7 targets a game and 0 TD's. Prior to tonight, Adams of the Packers, with the same skill level except Hopkins has better hands , is averaging 99 yd per game, 10 targets, and 4 td's. Yes there is a difference between Rogers and Murray, but Coach Klif does not allow teams to respect or fear Hopkins. He has become an afterthought or just a prayer. The Cardinals could have this kind of production from a near retired Larry Fitzgerald. This offense would be the same without Hopkins at this point.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Packers have much better route trees that get their guys open. Adams is all over the field. Hopkins only runs back shoulder sideline routes

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I am pretty sure he is on pace to hit all of his career averages...don't know why people think he isn't being used.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kyler has an injured throwing shoulder and probably shouldn't have played tonight. Gutted it out.

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe Dhop is not really as good as advertised.
Obviously being sarcastic here!
If he’s so great then WHY is he not targeted 10-15 times a game???
Makes no sense! He should have at least 10 TDs by now. Wake up KK and KM!

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
Hopkins has 4 TDs in 11 games.
The last 4 games he has 1 TD.
On course for 6 TDs this season.
I personally was hoping for more.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Or he could just watch the Packers offense and learn what a diverse, varied play book looks like.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's Kliff or Kyler, but we are not throwing it past 10 yards nearly enough. That has to change.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I think a lot of it is Kyler but not sure why. He seems to look right/start right on most of his pass plays.

Totally agree that we need to treat Dhop more like Adams.

OP
OP
C

Coach Mark

Reaction score
Maybe Dhop is not really as good as advertised.
Last 4 games minus Hail Mary - 54 yards receiving per game, 7 Targets a game 4.75 receptions and 0 TD's
First 7 games -100.5 yards receiving per game, 10.5 Targets a game 8.14 receptions and 3 TD's

I think the issue might be the coach or the QB.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's Kliff or Kyler, but we are not throwing it past 10 yards nearly enough. That has to change.
I think Kliff calls easy throws to help get Kyler in a rhythm and I think Kyler likes to get the ball out of his hands very quickly. Kyler still needs to learn when his protection is good enough to sit in the pocket, hold the ball, and let something develop down the field.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I think Kliff calls easy throws to help get Kyler in a rhythm and I think Kyler likes to get the ball out of his hands very quickly. Kyler still needs to learn when his protection is good enough to sit in the pocket, hold the ball, and let something develop down the field.

I think you are right on the mark Chopper. I do think it's funny when people make recommendations to Kliff on this forum, actually I find it freaking hilarious. Kliff does watch everything from college to the pros on a consistent basis and implements stuff that he sees which he thinks can work. This is going to take a little time with Kyler as it should provided his experience. To accuse Kliff of not being aware of the trends and even individual plays is lunacy because if he sat down with some of our forum members giving him advise would be a pure popcorn moment. Kliff's issues are game management. Kliff is so enamored with his plays during a game that he has tunnel vision towards the big picture which a head coach has to also be aware of. In a perfect universe, he's our OC alone but by the same token Keim is right forecasting his success offensively as a whole that another team after the season would then jump in and claim him as a head coach to pry him away from the Cardinals... a classic catch 22

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Watch Rogers as well.
One thing that Rodgers does very well and Kyler does not is recognize when his protection is good enough to hold the ball and take a shot vertically. Kyler's vertical plays seem to be more ad libbed than actually sitting in the pocket, holding the ball, and letting the route develop.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Last 4 games minus Hail Mary - 54 yards receiving per game, 7 Targets a game 4.75 receptions and 0 TD's
First 7 games -100.5 yards receiving per game, 10.5 Targets a game 8.14 receptions and 3 TD's

I think the issue might be the coach or the QB.

Maybe stop using him like Keyshawn. It’s on both QB/OC.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave