Clippers @ Suns Tuesday WCF game thread 6-22-2021 - Game 2

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Still find it so unbelievable...like, can't really wrap my head around what this team is doing, especially with CP3 out. Just stop and think about:

- Ayton: 22 yrs old and no prior post season experience
- Booker: 25 and no prior post season experience
- Bridges: 24 and no prior post season experience
- Payne: 26 and with 11 post season games (avg'd 5 mins of playing time) of post season experience prior to joining the Suns
- Cam Johnson: 25 and no prior post season experience
- Saric: 27 and 10 post season games prior to joining the Suns
- Craig is 30 with 30 post season games prior to joining the Suns

The only players with any real post season experience are Crowder and CP3! And Paul has been out... Yes, Kawhi is out as well, but George, Morris, Zubac, PatBev, Jackson, Batum, Cousins & Rondo are all older and possess TONS more post-season experience than what the Suns put out on the court.
And we are now up 2-0 and are riding a 9-game post-season win streak! It's beyond stunning... even Jon Barry mentioned on Doug & Wolf this morning, that this is unprecedented! It ALWAYS takes teams like the Suns several trips to the post season before achieving this type of success.

IMHO, it all speaks to the job Jones has done...from nabbing Monty and the assistant coaches, to drafting players like Ayton, Bridges and Cam Johnson...and showing incredible insight and instinct in grabbing vets like CP3, Crowder, Saric and Craig. And of course, showing the guts to take a shot on a guy who was considered to be a NBA flunkee in Payne!
Just incredible...

Book is actually still 24 until October.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Saw the game. Wow.. not taking anything away from our guys but I am glad Book got head butt..

I know this sounds odd but this team needs another fire lit under their butts to get them to another level. Hear me out before jumping on me. When The Lakers were dancing and talking trash it woke them up and they stepped up to a whole new level.

With what happen to Book and CP3 coming back I hope we take it up another notch. Everyone has step up but I think we have a few more gears we can hit.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Saw the game. Wow.. not taking anything away from our guys but I am glad Book got head butt..

I know this sounds odd but this team needs another fire lit under their butts to get them to another level. Hear me out before jumping on me. When The Lakers were dancing and talking trash it woke them up and they stepped up to a whole new level.

With what happen to Book and CP3 coming back I hope we take it up another notch. Everyone has step up but I think we have a few more gears we can hit.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nah. Book is hurting today. That thing is going to swell up big time and cause him problems for Thursday.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still find it so unbelievable...like, can't really wrap my head around what this team is doing, especially with CP3 out. Just stop and think about:

- Ayton: 22 yrs old and no prior post season experience
- Booker: 25 and no prior post season experience
- Bridges: 24 and no prior post season experience
- Payne: 26 and with 11 post season games (avg'd 5 mins of playing time) of post season experience prior to joining the Suns
- Cam Johnson: 25 and no prior post season experience
- Saric: 27 and 10 post season games prior to joining the Suns
- Craig is 30 with 30 post season games prior to joining the Suns

The only players with any real post season experience are Crowder and CP3! And Paul has been out... Yes, Kawhi is out as well, but George, Morris, Zubac, PatBev, Jackson, Batum, Cousins & Rondo are all older and possess TONS more post-season experience than what the Suns put out on the court.
And we are now up 2-0 and are riding a 9-game post-season win streak! It's beyond stunning... even Jon Barry mentioned on Doug & Wolf this morning, that this is unprecedented! It ALWAYS takes teams like the Suns several trips to the post season before achieving this type of success.

IMHO, it all speaks to the job Jones has done...from nabbing Monty and the assistant coaches, to drafting players like Ayton, Bridges and Cam Johnson...and showing incredible insight and instinct in grabbing vets like CP3, Crowder, Saric and Craig. And of course, showing the guts to take a shot on a guy who was considered to be a NBA flunkee in Payne!
Just incredible...

this can’t be overstated enough.

The poise from a group of a guys, most of them who had NEVER played a minute of playoff basketball before this year, is so ridiculously off the charts. Unprecedented. That was one of my biggest worries going into the playoffs. Novices usually take their lumps for a couple years. This team is like F that. The time is NOW.

just so impressed. I mean, especially the last two games. Last night... one superstar has Covid, the other superstar has a really bad game, we give up a 6 point lead with 2 minutes left and are still resilient enough to pull off one of the All-Time playoff moments ever to win the game.

awesome. Just awesome.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Nah. Book is hurting today. That thing is going to swell up big time and cause him problems for Thursday.

thats what I was talking to my buddy about. He will be playing no doubt but I hope he will still be as effective.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
this can’t be overstated enough.

The poise from a group of a guys, most of them who had NEVER played a minute of playoff basketball before this year, is so ridiculously off the charts. Unprecedented. That was one of my biggest worries going into the playoffs. Novices usually take their lumps for a couple years. This team is like F that. The time is NOW.

just so impressed. I mean, especially the last two games. Last night... one superstar has Covid, the other superstar has a really bad game, we give up a 6 point lead with 2 minutes left and are still resilient enough to pull off one of the All-Time playoff moments ever to win the game.

awesome. Just awesome.

I agree. They don't look like a young, inexperienced team. Casual fan who had no idea who these guys are would look at any game in these playoffs and think that these guys are a bunch of battle-hardened veterans.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Absolutely. A broken nose impacts your breathing and your sight if he swells around the eyes which is common. Not to mention if he gets hit on it, it will hurt like a mutha. That’s a multi-game dirty play by Beverley.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's like Deandre is saying, I only did what coach told me.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

If this is the same play as the game winning dunk by Deandre (the catch seems further from the basket) it was not even close to goal tending (if that were the rule which it is not).

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If this is the same play as the game winning dunk by Deandre (the catch seems further from the basket) it was not even close to goal tending (if that were the rule which it is not).
Its not the same. Picture of DA is not his winning dunk.

Skratchy_Seal

Registered
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No, this was a different lob from Crowder. He threw from behind the arc, and a defensive foul was called.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose