Clippers @ Suns Tuesday WCF game thread 6-22-2021 - Game 2

Reaction score
The fatigue factor was huge. PG doesn’t miss those free throws if he is not gassed.

that was the game. No opportunity for heroics if he makes those.

the ESPN take after the game was that the Suns are clearly the better team. That was interesting.

that is the difference between now and previous Suns championship runs. I believe this Suns team is the best team left in the playofffs. That was not the case in 1976 where that was an overachieving team on a run or in 1993 when they had an equal match in the Bulls.

it’s more like the two years when Jordan was playing baseball. We were the best team but managed to blow two series with Houston.

this thing is not over. Win the first game in La and it will be.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda but if Tom Chambers in 1993 had been just the Tom Chambers of 1991, we would have beaten the Bulls. Barkley just didn't have that 2nd really big scorer.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I'm sure the offers he gets this off season are going to change his mind a bit.

You must be registered for see images attach
I thought we offered Cam Payne a two year deal?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
It was funny last night. I proclaimed the basket was good, for the rules reasons stated, and blabbed about Tyson Chandler, almost instantly. I also read Monty's lips and told my family a lob to Ayton was coming. The Clips knew it, but the wrinkle with Booker froze his man so that he didn't switch! Genius! Also, there was a play with Barkley that happened years before that which needed the same rule in order to make the lob viable. The thing that made my household panic is Foster as the referee. We were waiting so see how he interpreted that being a no basket! That game had the feeling of San Antonio playoffs where we were refereed into losses! I think the miracle was not being refereed into a loss!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those who want to see the Ayton dunk from a different angle and the discussion at half court.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
We did. We signed him in 2019. He's making $2M this year and his contract expires at the end of this season, when he becomes an UFA.
From Wikipedia: On June 30, 2020, Payne agreed to a two-season deal with the Phoenix Suns.[38] I am thinking it had to be 2020 because that was the bubble season.

So the bubble games were a season? Then this season was a season, obviously. So he's a free agent?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought we offered Cam Payne a two year deal?

The Suns signed Payne for the remainder of last season and this season. He is not under contract for next season.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
From Wikipedia: On June 30, 2020, Payne agreed to a two-season deal with the Phoenix Suns.[38] I am thinking it had to be 2020 because that was the bubble season.

So the bubble games were a season? Then this season was a season, obviously. So he's a free agent?

That's incorrect. He was signed in 2019 to a 2-year deal with the second year a club option, which was picked up by the Suns this season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i love these shots from inside the crowd.

and that crowder pass... holy crap.

I really liked that discussion with Booker and Cousins at half court if we want to call it that.

Cousins was irate and had some parting words.

The camera angle was amazing and showed the play developing.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not that I'm a Dodger fan but it reminds me of this... I don't believe what I just saw.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chills watching that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That video gives a complete look at the Cousins shove on Booker. Cousins gets in Payne's face and Book walks over to back up Payne, and Cousins pushes him.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave