Clippers @ Suns Tuesday WCF game thread 6-22-2021 - Game 2

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Was it just me or did Pat Bev throw a “accidental” head butt? He reached in.. paused and then leaned in with his head..

Looked like one of those draymond green dirty plays. If you watch it enough times you realize how masterfully dirty it is.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You're NEVER going to convince me that that wasn't a typical PatBev "basketball move." AKA, slick as hell, but dirty as crap.

even when Booker hit him it was a floop. I mean yes Booker hit him and he went for the ball.. couldn’t get it a d fell back hurting.. sorry but I don’t get hit in the face.. try to reach for a ball and then pop my head back like I got hit.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Devin Booker set a really hard pick to get Ayton that dunk. Congrats to you too Devin.

I criticized Book a lot this game, and I think deserved. But give credit where it's due. That was a winning basketball play, and a damn nice screen on a larger man. That's what greats do. Even when not shooting well, they find a way to help win the game. Loved seeing it

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I criticized Book a lot this game, and I think deserved. But give credit where it's due. That was a winning basketball play, and a damn nice screen on a larger man. That's what greats do. Even when not shooting well, they find a way to help win the game. Loved seeing it
Yeah that has to be repeated ad nauseum. Huge play by our star.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
that guy needs to be fined or suspended man.. I was told he practically tackled Cam Payne for no reason.
Well.. good actors are abound in the NBA. If we got rid of all of em then we'd lose half the league..So no harm....no foul imo. I didn't see a tackle on cam though.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
D Book didn’t have a stat stuffer game but his presence and his hard nose tuffness and tenacity is a huge factor on this team! And Beverly is a dirty little cheap shot artist. Book played hurt and hard and had a bad game but still had 29 important points and the pick that won the game…

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well.. good actors are abound in the NBA. If we got rid of all of em then we'd lose half the league..So no harm....no foul imo. I didn't see a tackle on cam though.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Oh. That little guy? I hear the word tackle...I need to see a tackle. I'm old school. Cam even got up wanting some more. I love it. It's what the game is all about. I think sometimes we forget that as fans. Street ball is where this game originated.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
And it could easily cost us a championship. How many shooters struggle after donning a face mask to protect the nose?
I was not going for a championship of anything but I can tell you when I broke my nose and had a concussion playing football, I was never the same player. Granted it was only a base team in the in the Air Force but I was never the same.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Book got all the love from Game 1 and the Valley Oop is getting it from Game 2, but Cam Payne is not getting enough love. The guy has balled out.
He was amazing. What a performance from a guy who was about to be done forever. Just pure courage.

That was the guttiest against all odds win I can ever remember.

No cp3, a terrible game by Book, Scott foster screwing us, and we shot 6-26 from 3.

incredible win.
Agreed completely. Wow.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh. That little guy? I hear the word tackle...I need to see a tackle. I'm old school. Cam even got up wanting some more. I love it. It's what the game is all about. I think sometimes we forget that as fans. Street ball is where this game originated.

I guess you have an excuse for the head butt on Booker as well.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Was it just me or did Pat Bev throw a “accidental” head butt? He reached in.. paused and then leaned in with his head..
Watching it on replays it is curious. When he headbutts book his arms are behind him. He’s clearly not going for the ball. It certainly doesn’t look like a basketball play. But many of bevereley’s garbage moves don’t.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose