Clippers @ Suns Tuesday WCF game thread 6-22-2021 - Game 2

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
How about Kaminsky as our secret weapon against Cousins? I think Kaminsky has more heft than Saric and could better stay in front of him and stop him from backing down as much.
That's playing with fire, but with the way Saric has been playing, why not?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully Super Dario makes another appearance.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to lean towards Game 4, but no later. That would Saturday, right? And he tested positive last Monday according to reports? That would be 10 days post positive test where he wouldn't have test negative anymore. There's just been no evidence to suggest someone with covid, vaxxed or not, can be cleared before that timeline at this point.

also, I'm hoping Kawhi is a smoke-screen and he doesn't come back in the series.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
also, I'm hoping Kawhi is a smoke-screen and he doesn't come back in the series.

I don’t think he will be back or if he does he won’t be as effective. Its been one week since his knee injury. A sprain so bad where he had swelling that needed to go away before an MRI. I am no doctor but just seems like a tough injury to come back from in one week.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think he will be back or if he does he won’t be as effective. Its been one week since his knee injury. A sprain so bad where he had swelling that needed to go away before an MRI. I am no doctor but just seems like a tough injury to come back from in one week.

this just sucks. Still can’t believe CP3 got freaking Covid.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just watched the biggest load of garbage come out of Skip Bayless. I never watch him and now I know why. Why does this dude have job? He is a complete fracking moron. Now I want Book to get 50 tomorrow night.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm more nervous for game 2 than 1.

same. For me it’s the reality that I believe which is CP3 likely won’t be back until Game 4. Even though I didn’t show it, of course I hoped the “viral load” and flex somehow had some inside info, but the longer this goes on, the more I can’t help but believe he’s in the protocol for a length of time we’ve seen other asymptomatic players be in... which has uniformly been ten days. So, I think I’ve kinda been hoping that we “steal” Game 1 without him, coming out raring to go and taking care of the Clips who were due for a bit of a letdown after a huge emotional comeback and all that jazz. And then miraculously CP3 would be back for Game 2 where that would lift us. Now, it’s just another pick ‘em game.

I’m rambling. I don’t know.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I just watched the biggest load of garbage come out of Skip Bayless. I never watch him and now I know why. Why does this dude have job. He is a complete Fracking moron. Now I want Book to get 50 tomorrow night.

He’s not giving Booker credit because it would mean Lebron lost to a great team/player.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
same. For me it’s the reality that I believe which is CP3 likely won’t be back until Game 4. Even though I didn’t show it, of course I hoped the “viral load” and flex somehow had some inside info, but the longer this goes on, the more I can’t help but believe he’s in the protocol for a length of time we’ve seen other asymptomatic players be in... which has uniformly been ten days. So, I think I’ve kinda been hoping that we “steal” Game 1 without him, coming out raring to go and taking care of the Clips who were due for a bit of a letdown after a huge emotional comeback and all that jazz. And then miraculously CP3 would be back for Game 2 where that would lift us. Now, it’s just another pick ‘em game.

I’m rambling. I don’t know.

The rumors is his first league test was Monday. He posted a video on social media looking perfectly healthy. So, ten days out and vaccinated says to me he will be back Thursday night. I am not going to be shocked if they say game time decision waiting for his test results. Maybe I am being optimistic. Depending on what happens tomorrow night, I might be in full panic mode should we somehow lose and he misses game 3.

Every single time we play without Paul (or a healthy Paul) I feel like the Suns are Neo in the Matrix dodging bullets. I hate it. I can deal with the team being intact and getting outworked. Knowing he is sitting at home just waiting for this damn virus to run it's coarse is excruciating. We have to hold court.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The rumors is his first league test was Monday. He posted a video on social media looking perfectly healthy. So, ten days out and vaccinated says to me he will be back Thursday night. I am not going to be shocked if they say game time decision waiting for his test results. Maybe I am being optimistic. Depending on what happens tomorrow night, I might be in full panic mode should we somehow lose and he misses game 3.

Every single time we play without Paul (or a healthy Paul) I feel like the Suns are Neo in the Matrix dodging bullets. I hate it. I can deal with the team being intact and getting outworked. Knowing he is sitting at home just waiting for this damn virus to run it's coarse is excruciating. We have to hold court.

yup.

Strongstyle

Rookie
Reaction score
I just watched the biggest load of garbage come out of Skip Bayless. I never watch him and now I know why. Why does this dude have job? He is a complete fracking moron. Now I want Book to get 50 tomorrow night.

I can't stand him. He's pure clickbait drama trash.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I can't stand him. He's pure clickbait drama trash.

Same, but I'm so hyped for any Suns news right now I am watching anything about them. The way he was trying to thread the needle on the criteria for his arguments was so transparent. "PG out scored DBook from the 6:05 mark in the 3rd until the end of the period." "Dbook couldn't score in the 4th period between the 9min-2min mark(PG was scoreless outside a tech FT)."

I'm really interested to see what happens in game 2. Can the Clippers keep hitting 20 3s per game? Can the Suns continue to shoot 55% from the field?

I feel like the Clippers have to win game 2 to have a shot at the series. I know they've already come back from 0-2 twice but I just don't think they can afford to do that to this Suns team with CP3's return on the horizon.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Same, but I'm so hyped for any Suns news right now I am watching anything about them. The way he was trying to thread the needle on the criteria for his arguments was so transparent. "PG out scored DBook from the 6:05 mark in the 3rd until the end of the period." "Dbook couldn't score in the 4th period between the 9min-2min mark(PG was scoreless outside a tech FT)."

I'm really interested to see what happens in game 2. Can the Clippers keep hitting 20 3s per game? Can the Suns continue to shoot 55% from the field?

I feel like the Clippers have to win game 2 to have a shot at the series. I know they've already come back from 0-2 twice but I just don't think they can afford to do that to this Suns team with CP3's return on the horizon.

I feel the same way about that. Its like when the Suns came back from a 1-3 deficit against the Lakers in the 1st round and Clippers in the 2nd, they were gassed against Dallas in the WCF back in 06. It was a good matchup for us but we had to expend too much energy to get there. The Clippers are in that spot now. They need this game to keep their chances alive, especially with CP3 out for an unknown period of time. If they can't capitalize on game 2 without him then they could be screwed if he returns for game 3, even on their homecourt.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Thats what I hear from Clippers fans in my group “They came back from 0-2 twice..” or “It was a feel out game”. Yea they made that comeback with Kawhi. Its the conference finals after your players have been worn down. You shouldn’t go 0-2 with Kawhi and PG. I mean anything can happen but the situation is not in their favor. Why is it always a feel out game for the losing team? It wasn’t like they got blown out the water. It was a game until about 22 seconds left on the clock. I don’t know seems like excuses to me.

i don’t see this going no more than 5 or a sweep if we get lucky and steal game 3 with CP comes back for game 4. If CP is back by game 3 then I can see us sweeping but I think they will take either game 3 or 4 and we finish out at home.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thats what I hear from Clippers fans in my group “They came back from 0-2 twice..” or “It was a feel out game”. Yea they made that comeback with Kawhi. Its the conference finals after your players have been worn down. You shouldn’t go 0-2 with Kawhi and PG. I mean anything can happen but the situation is not in their favor. Why is it always a feel out game for the losing team? It wasn’t like they got blown out the water. It was a game until about 22 seconds left on the clock. I don’t know seems like excuses to me.

i don’t see this going no more than 5 or a sweep if we get lucky and steal game 3 with CP comes back for game 4. If CP is back by game 3 then I can see us sweeping but I think they will take either game 3 or 4 and we finish out at home.

I only caught the second half but the Suns controlled the 4th and if it wasn't for laziness on D by the Suns and some great 3 point shooting by the Clippers, it would have been a win by double digits. The Suns were up by 10 with 2 minutes left but that's when LA gave us a scare cutting it close.

This is the playoffs, teams can't afford "feel out games". I might buy that excuse in a series when a top seed loses to an underdog, like Utah dropped game 1 to Memphis in the 1st round, but not in the Western Conference Finals while facing a top team that is missing their best player. They need to take advantage of Paul being out much more than us taking advantage of Leonard being out. We all know Paul will come back but Kawhi? I doubt it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm more nervous for game 2 than 1.

I'm right there with you about being nervous but I was even more nervous for Game 1.

The reason the Suns were coming off a layoff, winning the first game was a must and it was the first playoff game without Chris Paul. Also I didn't know how the Suns would react.

Winning tonight may well depend on how quickly coaches make adjustments.

It's hard to rationalize away the Suns losing Chris Paul in the WCFs after they have traveled so far.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave