Clippers @ Suns Tuesday WCF game thread 6-22-2021 - Game 2

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I have seen comments from Clippers fans saying "this was just a feel out game" or "we just took their best shot". What I don't think they understand is that this team can bring that energy and level of play every single game.
It helps them sleep at night.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last I heard, he's still on the team.

He will get paid this off season and deservedly so.

Paul - Opt Out
Payne - Free Agent
Bridges - Extension
Ayton - Likely Max extension

Unless you flip Dario for something because Stix is suddenly a rotation player

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Paul - Opt Out
Payne - Free Agent
Bridges - Extension

yeah... our awesome bench likely gets depleted this off-season. Payne I can see get a nice starting deal and maybe Torrey Craig gets a deal more than we want to pay.

if we weren’t facing shelling out a HUGE amount for Paul/Ayton/Bridges, maybe we have a shot getting those two guys back, but championship teams’ role players always seem to get raided after they win it.

this team will probably be no different after we win the title.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Paul - Opt Out
Payne - Free Agent
Bridges - Extension

I cant see Chris paul opting out after this year. He has a 45 million dollar check coming last I looked

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
yeah... our awesome bench likely gets depleted this off-season. Payne I can see get a nice starting deal and maybe Torrey Craig gets a deal more than we want to pay.

if we weren’t facing shelling out a HUGE amount for Paul/Ayton/Bridges, maybe we have a shot getting those two guys back, but championship teams’ role players always seem to get raided after they win it.

this team will probably be no different after we win the title.

Yes, but hopefully we can replace them with guys chasing a ring.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, but hopefully we can replace them with guys chasing a ring.

my thoughts exactly. if nothing else, I think this run puts us in position to be one of the top ring-chaser teams.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I wish the Suns had full Bird right on Payne. I really want Payne and Craig back, but I don't see how they can pull it off. All they will have is the mid-level exception. But as someone pointed out, Suns should be able to replace them with a couple of ring-chasers.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish the Suns had full Bird right on Payne. I really want Payne and Craig back, but I don't see how they can pull it off. All they will have is the mid-level exception. But as someone pointed out, Suns should be able to replace them with a couple of ring-chasers.

Craig we might have a shot with. He's not starting material and could slip through the cracks for us to bring him back on a 2 year 6 million dollar deal or something like that.

but I suspect Payne is gone unless we're able to somehow move Dario. It's just a TON of scratch to be handing out in one off-season.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Craig we might have a shot with. He's not starting material and could slip through the cracks for us to bring him back on a 2 year 6 million dollar deal or something like that.

but I suspect Payne is gone unless we're able to somehow move Dario. It's just a TON of scratch to be handing out in one off-season.

Do they have a bi-annual exception or did they use that last year? Wonder if Craig can be signed via bi-annual exception and leave the mid-level one for other players (Payne replacement).