Clippers @ Suns Tuesday WCF game thread 6-22-2021 - Game 2

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
no. It’s based on the fact and entire year of evidence that no one who have ever entered into the Covid protocol has EVER come back in less than a week. I’m basing my opinion based on the only KNOWN information we’ve seen. Until he becomes the first to ever come back that early (especially since we already saw a vaccinated Coach miss SIX games), I’ll stick with what’s actually happened in the past rather than expecting the exception to the rule.

Has there ever been a vaxxed player placed in the protocol?

I think that's reason to be optimistic that he'll return quicker than others. How quick? We don't know. I wouldn't be shocked to see him in game 2 but I wouldn't bet on him returning that soon. I also wouldn't bet against it. I think its a toss up at this point. I feel much more confident he'll be back for our road games in LA.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It was Moore’s worst performance of the season.

Yeah, that was brutal he wasn't ready. I'm sure he got the nod due to his experience but I wouldn't be surprised if Monty went back to JC next game like he did to close the season when JC was taking Moore's and Galloway's minutes.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has there ever been a vaxxed player placed in the protocol?

I think that's reason to be optimistic that he'll return quicker than others. How quick? We don't know. I wouldn't be shocked to see him in game 2 but I wouldn't bet on him returning that soon. I also wouldn't bet against it. I think its a toss up at this point. I feel much more confident he'll be back for our road games in LA.

there’s been a vaxxed coach. He missed six games.

I too feel more confident he’s back for at least one of the road games.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In LA?

you’d think he’d be ready to go asap

maybe it’s because he knows he won’t get back until those games at the earliest.

This only lends credence to the thought that he was just one positive test away wasn’t close to real if he’s currently in LA.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He lives in LA. It's an hour flight and pretty sure he can afford a private plane whenever he wants

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
maybe it’s because he knows he won’t get back until those games at the earliest.

This only lends credence to the thought that he was just one positive test away wasn’t close to real if he’s currently in LA.

Maybe, but I always assumed if he was having to quarantine he'd spending it with his family. Not like it'd take long for him to get back to Phoenix if he gets cleared for Tuesday.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
They have a good team, we have a pretty good team. I like our chances but we got to keep up the intensity on defense, block and rebound. That possession that cut our lead to two was like two offensive boards for the clips. I had no idea Reggie Jackson was this good. I hope they keep going small and Ayton just makes them pay over and over!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah, that was brutal he wasn't ready. I'm sure he got the nod due to his experience but I wouldn't be surprised if Monty went back to JC next game like he did to close the season when JC was taking Moore's and Galloway's minutes.
Agreed. Though it worried me, book proved capable of running the offense down the stretch which allows for Carter to play. He would do a better job slowing down Jackson and if he hits open threes it becomes frosting.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
They have a good team, we have a pretty good team. I like our chances but we got to keep up the intensity on defense, block and rebound. That possession that cut our lead to two was like two offensive boards for the clips. I had no idea Reggie Jackson was this good. I hope they keep going small and Ayton just makes them pay over and over!
Reggie Jackson is indeed this good. I was bummed when I saw clips picked him up.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Kudos to him and his renessaince, but before the clips he was Brandon Knight.
I disagree. He was on some really untalented Detroit teams but he performed. And he’s been terrific for the clips. As a complimentary piece he’s terrific.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I disagree. He was on some really untalented Detroit teams but he performed. And he’s been terrific for the clips. As a complimentary piece he’s terrific.
He had nice games but he was terribly inconsistent and had more bad games than good.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Reggie Jackson sucked in Detroit. I liked him OKC as a 6th man but he was a chucker in Detroit. Empty stats, not a real leader, ball hog. However he's in the perfect role for his skill set now. He can be a 3rd or 4th option. With Kawhi out though that moves him up a rung and I don't think he'll continue to produce efficiently.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He had nice games but he was terribly inconsistent and had more bad games than good.
I’m going on having watched him early in his career and during the early part of his Detroit career. Back when I still watched a TON of even non-Suns hoops. He was very talented and just never had much talent with him in Detroit. You want to make statement, by all means you’re entitled to your opinion. I disagree and now he’s thriving when surrounded by talent.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I’m going on having watched him early in his career and during the early part of his Detroit career. Back when I still watched a TON of even non-Suns hoops. He was very talented and just never had much talent with him in Detroit. You want to make statement, by all means you’re entitled to your opinion. I disagree and now he’s thriving when surrounded by talent.
I loved when he was on the Thunder, but he became an afterthought in Detroit. Has definitely turned the corner in LA, but I wanted nothing to do with him as an FA.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Report: Chris Paul has been quarantining symptom free.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Oh man. The away games are home games for Cp3. He gets to sleep in his own bed and eat at home. Forgot about that. Plus that was his arena.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh man. The away games are home games for Cp3. He gets to sleep in his own bed and eat at home. Forgot about that. Plus that was his arena.

Yup. Let’s get Game 2 without him
And let CP3 come “home” and OWN THAT FREAKING COURT.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The last few minutes the offense looked bad. I don't like booker at PG at all. Paul can't come back soon enough. It becomes the booker show which will work at times but is not championship basketball.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The last few minutes the offense looked bad. I don't like booker at PG at all. Paul can't come back soon enough. It becomes the booker show which will work at times but is not championship basketball.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Yeah, its just Western Conference Championship basketball. ;)

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Reggie Jackson was a lone actual player on the Pistons. don’t forget he went down with the injury.

Since joining the clippers he’s been a backup which probably led to him being inconsistent. Since sitting Beverly and adding Jackson to the starting lineup he’s been doing well as the 3/4 guy.

definitely not as explosive but has become a better shooter than ever.