Clippers @ Suns Sunday WCF game thread 6-20-2021 - Game 1

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

SWARMING.

what I love most about that play is Cam goes to the rack makes the bucket and gets fouled with no call, tumbling to the floor. He doesn’t get up and bitch. He SPRINTS to the other side of the court and then BLOCKS Boogie’s layup.

no one plays as hard as the 9 rotation guys that the Suns have. And it’s why we’re going to win this whole damn thing!

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
SWARMING.

what I love most about that play is Cam goes to the rack makes the bucket and gets fouled with no call, tumbling to the floor. He doesn’t get up and bitch. He SPRINTS to the other side of the court and then BLOCKS Boogie’s layup.

no one plays as hard as the 9 rotation guys that the Suns have. And it’s why we’re going to win this whole damn thing!

This may not be the most talented Suns team, but it's certainly the toughest hardest working Suns team I can recall. Real testament to Monty.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
SWARMING.

True, but then there is that moving pick on Saric that isn't called. Just a side notice. Your point is taken.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Exactly. I think it's stupid to put the guy on a tshirt and the other dude he fought was interviewed as well. This is getting stupid.
Social media is just too powerful a drug for humans to possess.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
To be fair to Suns in 4 guy, he's donating all proceeds he receives from that shirt to charity. Barstool Sports are the ones who made it and are selling it.

When I heard Suns in 4 guy was donating his cut to charity, I find it even harder to fault him for his role in that scuffle. He put up with a lot before throwing a punch, didn't throw the first, and isn't cashing in on it.

He stated the charity thing in an interview with Fox 10 Sports. I don't have a link, I saw it on TV .
The celebrity certainly isn’t his fault. Nice to know he’s donating to charity.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed. He blew me away yesterday playing point.
Who was there to teach him how to do it before CP3 came along? You watch Book play and see how many of Paul's moves he is copying. He is doing that little mid-range move where he gets the between his defender and the basket and then backs into the defender as he goes up for a shot.

Also, Book has somehow cut his turnovers WAY down. That is a huge difference in a Monty coached team.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Who was there to teach him how to do it before CP3 came along? You watch Book play and see how many of Paul's moves he is copying. He is doing that little mid-range move where he gets the between his defender and the basket and then backs into the defender as he goes up for a shot.

Also, Book has somehow cut his turnovers WAY down. That is a huge difference in a Monty coached team.
100%. And glad that he’s taking nuggets from Paul. Great mentor.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

If CP3 is out tomorrow night, Monty is gonna have to cook-up some adjustments as the Clippers will 100% play Booker in a very different way. He will not have all that room created by those pick and rolls... It will of course mean others, like Bridges, Crowder, Payne and mostly Ayton, will need to step up and pick up the Booker drop-off in production.
Monty needs to make sure the Suns make the Clipper pay bigtime for rolling more pressure to Book!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If CP3 is out tomorrow night, Monty is gonna have to cook-up some adjustments as the Clippers will 100% play Booker in a very different way. He will not have all that room created by those pick and rolls... It will of course mean others, like Bridges, Crowder, Payne and mostly Ayton, will need to step up and pick up the Booker drop-off in production.
Monty needs to make sure the Suns make the Clipper pay bigtime for rolling more pressure to Book!
Yup. Will need everyone to find their A game.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Do you guys think the schedule of these games will hurt the Clippers? PG13 looked really gassed. He looked gassed in game 6 and they got away with one only cause Mann played out of his mind. They have been playing every other day since game 3 against the Mavs. I sort of think they will rely on him more early on and he will gas out towards the end again.

Just my observation. I am no expert so please don’t go off the deep end on me for saying something stupid.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think the schedule of these games will hurt the Clippers? PG13 looked really gassed. He looked gassed in game 6 and they got away with one only cause Mann played out of his mind. They have been playing every other day since game 3 against the Mavs. I sort of think they will rely on him more early on and he will gas out towards the end again.

Just my observation. I am no expert so please don’t go off the deep end on me for saying something stupid.

nope. I think/hope you’re right and have been thinking the same thing. Even though most of us would have loved for the NBA to push back the series to give Chris Paul more time to come back, it really screwed the Clippers giving them a 36 hour turnaround between series.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score

Not taking anything away from the Suns defense, Clippers looked very tired by the middle of fourth quarter. I don't see how fatigue can possibly not be a factor. I don't think the Suns can rely on the Clippers getting tired, but I do believe it is a valid strategy to run, run, run, and then run some more.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not taking anything away from the Suns defense, Clippers looked very tired by the middle of fourth quarter. I don't see how fatigue can possibly not be a factor. I don't think the Suns can rely on the Clippers getting tired, but I do believe it is a valid strategy to run, run, run, and then run some more.

This was what I was thinking. Gas them out and gas them out early. The clippers have been going at it every other day with some days in between for travel.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

4 of the top 8:

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/t...sort=MIN&dir=-1&Season=2020-21&PerMode=Totals

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose