Clippers @ Suns Sunday WCF game thread 6-20-2021 - Game 1

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Put Frank the Tank in starting game one. Have him run up to Boy George and just bite his face and start humping him. We get a Flagrant 2 Frank gets fined and ejected and Nobody wants to play the Suns anymore. Then we put Tyshon in who headbutts Patrick Beverly and stands on his face. Tyshon gets a flagrant 1 and a big thank you from the NBA and most of its players.
Then we put Galloway in....

Coach my ass. I got this.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's the schedule, haven't seen it mentioned. Doesn't appear to be any time off to rest. Thankfully Phoenix to LA is a quick flight so travel shouldn't be much of an issue.

You must be registered for see images attach

Stole the image from a tweet. Can't find the twitter link now.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Paul just needs 2 negative tests over 48 hours. There is no required number of days out. But I don’t believe he has tested negative yet because I believe that news would have leaked.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton's ability to defend om switches and may be one of the keys to this series and of course a healthy Chris Paul.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also the Suns ability to get Ayton involved in the offense is a must.

The Clippers made Rudy Gobert pretty much a non-factor in the series.

Ayton must punish the Clippers small lineups. The best way may be pick and roll action and find ways to feed him cutting to the basket. Ayton is more mobile than Gobert.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After winning the first two games, the Jazz lost four in a row to the Clippers.

In the last game of the series the Clippers shot 56.5% from the field and 51.3% from 3-point range.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the key is playing Booker at shooting guard for almost every second of the game. And Payne playing well against the speedy Jackson.

If Paul is not ready to go in Game 1, I think the play of E'Twaun Moore could be a significant factor. Monty might even decide to start him.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Paul is not ready to go in Game 1, I think the play of E'Twaun Moore could be a significant factor. Monty might even decide to start him.

I don't mind starting Moore as long as he is the primary ball-handler when he's paired with Devin. Booker cannot run the offense against this team for very long IMO; they have too much quickness, too much wing length plus too many players that go hard after the ball and don't often distinguish between ball and wrist (neither do the refs).

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns haven't played since June 13th when they beat the Nuggets in game four. I hope they are not too rusty.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't mind starting Moore as long as he is the primary ball-handler when he's paired with Devin. Booker cannot run the offense against this team for very long IMO; they have too much quickness, too much wing length plus too many players that go hard after the ball and don't often distinguish between ball and wrist (neither do the refs).

I agree with all this. I'm hoping Monty doesn't put him in this role. Booker is going to handle the ball a lot anyway passing out of double teams.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Here's the schedule, haven't seen it mentioned. Doesn't appear to be any time off to rest. Thankfully Phoenix to LA is a quick flight so travel shouldn't be much of an issue.

You must be registered for see images attach

Stole the image from a tweet. Can't find the twitter link now.
It’s a good thing we got the rest before the WCF started. Clips coming off 7 and 6 game series with one days rest. They’ll have adrenaline and momentum on their side, but if those series goes long we have the advantage.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Suns’ defense will have lots of fires to put out: Reggie, Batum, Kennard, Mann, Morris. All can go off from 3 at a moment’s notice. As can George of course. We have to do a better job than the Jazz did in transition defense and at keeping the man in front in the half court.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Agreed. This is a team built to stymie and frustration Booker. Without the Paul counter monty will have to gameplan the hell outta the offense and the players will have to execute almost to perfection. I see a lot of bad late passes coming from Booker outta double teams until Paul returns.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s a good thing we got the rest before the WCF started. Clips coming off 7 and 6 game series with one days rest. They’ll have adrenaline and momentum on their side, but if those series goes long we have the advantage.

eh... that Clips team is pretty young. I’d be surprised if they wore down all that much over the course of a long series.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns’ defense will have lots of fires to put out: Reggie, Batum, Kennard, Mann, Morris. All can go off from 3 at a moment’s notice. As can George of course. We have to do a better job than the Jazz did in transition defense and at keeping the man in front in the half court.

yup. Our defense is going to win or lose this series for us.

man... I was getting a TINY bit bored with the destruction parade we’ve been on. This series, especially early if Paul isn’t available, is gonna be hair-raising. Lots of athletes, lots of wings, good defenders. And lots of attitude. These two teams DO NOT like each other.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose