Clippers @ Suns Monday WCF game thread 6-28-2021 - Game 5

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
They did. They had guys step up tonight while we didn't. Credit where it's due. We also need to focus on us...and that needs to be on, once again, physicality and energy. If this team can match the clips in that department next game, then we'll be in good shape.

Yea. The Clips are a good team. They make big threes and shots even without Kawhii. Every time you miss one they make a big three or get in the paint for a two. They make difficult shots and they also play good defense. Not surprised they won this game. Suns actually played pretty well offensively too but Clips had a few momentum runs.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No they’re not. This is who they are. They’re beneficiaries. They can’t manufacture shots. Monty hasn’t schemed anything to get them shots. Maybe crowded - he’s missed a ton of threes.

Even when there shots not falling there supposed to be defensive stoppers but that’s not even there

but yes it’s probably Aytons fault they’ve completely disappeared

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
James Jones better have this game tape ready when Bridges’ agent calls about that extension.

Yeah, Bridges seems to come up small in the big moments, at least to this point in his career.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
What's there to review. It's just a foul... What a waste of time.

Zubac coming out seems to have deflated him.
And it should be just the opposite. He should be licking his lips. Man this game unwinds a lot of my recent enthusiasm for his growth. Not all of it before people starting putting words in my mouth.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought this team was different from past Suns teams.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Yea. The Clips are a good team. They make big threes and shots even without Kawhii. Every time you miss one they make a big three or get in the paint for a two. They make difficult shots and they also play good defense. Not surprised they won this game. Suns actually played pretty well offensively too but Clips had a few momentum runs.

No doubt, give them credit. They have played hard and dictated tempo throughout the series.

Suns keep falling back into playing finesse... just like their long time reputation.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No wonder CP3 has trouble with closing out series

Completely out coached tonight.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This game was an ass whipping at jump by the Clips. Suns showed no pride.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The humbling thing is that the Clippers look like they have the two best players (Kawhi's not dressed)

This is just honest talk. This is the year to get it done. Do NOT blow this opportunity.

Win game 6 and continue on the road to be a champion. Because might not get these breaks next year.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Um.... is Chris Paul choking?

doesn’t exactly have the greatest history in the playoffs.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They most definitely have a better flow to their offense than we've had since we got back CP. It's a weird conundrum right now with that dynamic. You can't limit CP. But he's just destroying our ability to get other guys going so far. Our offense is very clunky and I think the clips just know how to defend him very well.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well this is unfortunate.

Monty needs to make some adjustments for the next game.

offense just is not cutting it.

I have to say my respect for Lou’s coaching has increased dramatically in these playoffs. He is doing an amazing job.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And it should be just the opposite. He should be licking his lips. Man this game unwinds a lot of my recent enthusiasm for his growth. Not all of it before people starting putting words in my mouth.

jesus. That’s ridiculous.