Clippers @ Suns Monday WCF game thread 6-28-2021 - Game 5

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another day of trying not to think of this game until game time. I drive my wife nuts and I know my blood pressure goes up on game day. :mrgreen:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Their defense has been incredible but much of it involves bumping, holding and redirecting perimeter players which was supposedly refereed out of the game years ago. It's much easier to close out on shooters (or prevent clean passes) if contact is keeping shooters from getting to their spots on time.
Breaking Book's nose helped too. Bust up faces and its a little harder to shoot.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I hate the way the Suns offense slows down late in these close games with Paul barely crossing half-court in time. Same thing happened against the Lakers. Once he crosses half court he wastes some more time to get into their play. It's the anti-Dantoni, "seven seconds are left" offense.
I don't care if Chris Paul drops the ball at half court and sits on it, Ill be cheering my ass off.
He does that to run down the clock or try to pick up a foul on the defender or just piss the other team off if they are trying to get in a flow.
Trust the Point God ;)

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Doesn’t Kawhi have the “same” injury?

Kawhi's is an ACL I believe. However, Dr David Chao seems to think it's probably a bone bruise after looking at the film. The two ends of the bone made contact at the joint with eachother. I was surprised at the recovery time for a bone bruise, which is several months.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is where Zubac sprained his right MCL.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These reports says Zubac is QUESTIONABLE.

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have family that lives in Seattle. They would go crazy there for another NBA team.

Seattle is a great basketball town. Getting purchased by an owner from Oklahoma was the worst thing ever for the Sonics. The new Kraken arena can accommodate the NBA, and I hope to see the Suns come to Seattle again in the future.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
If Zubac plays, they need to attack him every single possession. If he does not, or once he goes to the bench, keep attacking Cousins or Morris (whoever is playing the five.) No shot-blocking, no size or length. Ayton should be feasting inside, and the guards should have a layup drills.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'd like to put in Kaminsky and have him very blatantly and very aggressively try to break Marcus Morris's leg.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Seattle is a great basketball town. Getting purchased by an owner from Oklahoma was the worst thing ever for the Sonics. The new Kraken arena can accommodate the NBA, and I hope to see the Suns come to Seattle again in the future.
I'm hearing Seattle and Vegas are getting an expansion team soon.