Chronic Pain and Cryotherapy

Discussion in 'Body and Health' started by ajcardfan, Jul 1, 2018.

1. ajcardfan

ajcardfan I see you. Contributor

I have serious muscoskeletal issues. For one, I have Avascular Necrosis to such an extent that my Orthopedist said I might need all four major joints replaced. I am in chronic pain.

Well, a lady I work with was in a serious car accident in December. Crushed vertebrae, broken legs, it was awful... She came back to work in May. She knew of my problems and told me to try this Cryotherapy and Compression Therapy. I got around to it just a couple of weeks ago. Let me tell you something, it has been an absolute Godsend. The first time I did it, I went for the max cold setting of -321 F. I was barely walking that day. I strolled right out of the place with no pain. I couldn't believe it. I've done a couple of more sessions, and the boot pressure thing, and I've barely hurt these last two weeks.

If you are at all inclined, for whatever reason, give it a shot.

http://www.coldfrontcryo.com/

2. Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa BIMâ„¢ Contributor

We have another friend who swears by it, too.

3. ajcardfan

ajcardfan I see you. Contributor

I am going to have my left shoulder replaced next Monday. I am going to go directly for cryotherapy, once I'm released from the hospital, before I even go home. My doctors approve BTW.

Linderbee, jf-08 and Brian in Mesa like this.
  4. puckhead

puckhead Waxing Gibbous Contributor

That's wonderful news! Good luck next week.

5. Bada0Bing

Bada0Bing Don't Stop Believin'

Nice! I'm a huge fan of cold.

I haven't used hot water in my house in years. If I didn't have a wife I wouldn't even have a hot water heater.

All winter I jump in my pool and soak a bit after every workout. There's not much I can do in the summer though.

In addition to pain relieve it activates brown adipose tissue, which helps burn regular white fat.

ajcardfan and Mainstreet like this.