Christian Kirk?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Christian Kirk might prove to be the best indictment of Kliff's offense.

Nothing says "Your offense sucks" than a guy that lights it up after being a JAG on your team.
This is exactly why I still think that re-signing Kyler was the best move.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is exactly why I still think that re-signing Kyler was the best move.

Why? Because another coach is going to fix his basic short comings?

I'm the opposite. I don't think Kyler can work with any other coach. He's ran basically the same offence since high school and STILL can't do it well.

Simply don't see a guy coming in with a Westcoast scheme, new verbiage and a requirement for a rhythm quarterback and seeing Kyler get better.

For all the criticism of Kliff's scheme I think it's built around Kyler's strengths and weaknesses.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I mean, seriously, if the Jags call and offer Lawrence for Murray today (bearing in mind both contract situations), is anyone saying no?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm the opposite. I don't think Kyler can work with any other coach. He's ran basically the same offence since high school and STILL can't do it well.

Simply don't see a guy coming in with a Westcoast scheme, new verbiage and a requirement for a rhythm quarterback and seeing Kyler get better.

For all the criticism of Kliff's scheme I think it's built around Kyler's strengths and weaknesses.
I already explained why.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean, seriously, if the Jags call and offer Lawrence for Murray today (bearing in mind both contract situations), is anyone saying no?
I'd consider it because of their contracts.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

1000%

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder what changed into making Lawrence a respectable QB now.

Reactions: urs

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ding.
Ding.
Ding.

Manziel managed to have a better statistical season when Kliff left after Manziel’s 1st season.

Mahomes was this extremely polarizing prospect because he got faulted for doing so much ad-libbing. Turns out he had to cause his head coach at the time had a trash & boring scheme. He goes to a coach that actually innovates his scheme, he becomes the best QB in the league.

I’m not a Kyler fanboy & I’m not trying to come off as one, but there’s 10 years of evidence of QBs that played better without Kliff than with him. Hell, even Baker Mayfield & Davis Webb managed to look a lot better without him than with him.

Unless people are generally just focused on the Kyler fanboys, I don’t understand why people *may* think Kyler is holding Kliff back & not the other way around.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ding.
Ding.
Ding.

Manziel managed to have a better statistical season when Kliff left after Manziel’s 1st season.

Mahomes was this extremely polarizing prospect because he got faulted for doing so much ad-libbing. Turns out he had to cause his head coach at the time had a trash & boring scheme. He goes to a coach that actually innovates his scheme, he becomes the best QB in the league.

I’m not a Kyler fanboy & I’m not trying to come off as one, but there’s 10 years of evidence of QBs that played better without Kliff than with him. Hell, even Baker Mayfield & Davis Webb managed to look a lot better without him than with him.

Unless people are generally just focused on with Kyler fanboys, I don’t understand why people *may* think Kyler is holding Kliff back & not the other way around.
Yeah… I think we’re screwed because Bidwill is not firing Kliff/Keim after this season or any other season until probably at least 2025. Kliff had no business being handed the keys to the franchise and we’ll never know just how good Kyler can be because he’s got a failed college coach teaching him in the pros. And even if Kliff is fired next year, you will have put Kyler’s development FIVE YEARS behind the 8-ball where he will have picked up and ingrained terrible habits that will be hard to fix.

Makes zero sense. Those FIVE YEAR EXTENSIONS. FIVE YEARS.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ding.
Ding.
Ding.

Unless people are generally just focused on with Kyler fanboys, I don’t understand why people *may* think Kyler is holding Kliff back & not the other way around.

Kyler threw 4 TDs against the Browns last year when Kliff was home with covid. Miniscule sample size but it's something.

Yeah, I don't understand how anybody could think Kyler is holding Kliff back when their entire history tells a different story.

I'd love to see Kyler in a real NFL ground and pound offense where he can use play action to create space and hit Hollywood on a deep post like Lamb just dropped on MNF. Kyler Murray throwing from shotgun 50 times is exactly the opposite of the type of offense I believe is best suited for him.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Brown doesn't know the offense. Isn't the office the same as what he played at Oklahoma? I thought KK built the offense around Kyler's playing style at Oklahoma.
Definitely not the same offense that Lincoln Riley coached Kyler with at OU

Last edited:
OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yeah… I think we’re screwed because Bidwill is not firing Kliff/Keim after this season or any other season until probably at least 2025. Kliff had no business being handed the keys to the franchise and we’ll never know just how good Kyler can be because he’s got a failed college coach teaching him in the pros. And even if Kliff is fired next year, you will have put Kyler’s development FIVE YEARS behind the 8-ball where he will have picked up and ingrained terrible habits that will be hard to fix.

Makes zero sense. Those FIVE YEAR EXTENSIONS. FIVE YEARS.
One reason that Kliff gets along so well with Keim is that KEIM is firmly in control of the football operation. Keim picks the players, Keim deals with the contracts, Kliff speaks up when asked be generally let’s Keim stay in the drivers seat.

We won’t get a better coach than Kingsbury because no one legitimate will let Keim keep the wheel, and Keim and Michael are enjoying themselves too much to stop.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did Kirk even line up once at RB during his time here under Kliff?

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Did Kirk even line up once at RB during his time here under Kliff?
I dont know about RB, but how come Kliff stopped using Kirk (or anyone) as creative as he did early like his 1st year?
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Im convinced we've NEVER seen this play since with a WR. Such an awesome play.

MISC:
This was a nice play as well. Just viewing this thread you wonder where the creativity went.

What happened? @BritCard

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'd still take Lawrence straight up over Kyler. Jags were such a dumpster fire last year it's hard to take anything out of their season, and hard to argue with the results so far this season.

And the Cards were a dumpster fire when KM arrived, and he was indeed superior in his year one.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I dont know about RB, but how come Kliff stopped using Kirk (or anyone) as creative as he did early like his 1st year?

Im convinced we've NEVER seen this play since with a WR. Such an awesome play.

MISC:
This was a nice play as well. Just viewing this thread you wonder where the creativity went.

What happened? @BritCard
lmao why you asking Brit for?

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Getting away from Kyler's limited passing tree sure solved all Kirk's problems.

Hollywood has 80 more yards through 5 games even with our limited QB and doing it as the team's WR1 which Kirk could never handle. Nice upgrade.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Getting away from Kyler's limited passing tree sure solved all Kirk's problems.

Hollywood has 80 more yards through 5 games even with our limited QB and doing it as the team's WR1 which Kirk could never handle. Nice upgrade.
Brown is definitely better.

I think the alternative was drafting a receiver late first would clearly would've been a reach.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose