Chris Johnson's Twitter

londonpete

Rookie
Reaction score
Am not normally a twitter fan , and I am not as smart as Ronin who is good at posting twitter comments on here ,but I was following some of Chris Johnson's posts lately.
Taking into account an element of bitterness that he was cut for AP , I do think what he is hinting at is spot on.

Paraphrasing a few lately:

'There is no blocking up front in the running game. There is no way u call that play when the game is on the line. Go to what’s working throw It to #FITZ11'

'When the o-line is struggling and u continue to run the same running play over and over it’s not very hard to stop s***. houston get paid and do film study as well'

'AZ looking for new receivers I hope they are looking for lineman as well something that will actually help the team this time.'

'I thought as front office of a team u r suppose to do things to make ur team better/ fix the problem to give ur team best chance to win. 21 carries for 29 yards and getting ur #1 QB hurt make me wonder are u really tryin to win. Like who making these decisions. U find out the problem and fix It or else u will get the same results.'

You don't even need to read between the lines that he thinks the OL is garbage and nothing is being done to address it.
He doesn't seem to think much of the FO either.

I get he must be disillusioned with AZ, but it is interesting when players makes comments like this and give a little insight to what is going on in the locker room.
Similar to what Lamar Woodley said about Bettcher.

How much do you guys read into this?

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Bitter ex-player obviously, but he is right. Need a new OL more than a new QB. Our run blocking isn't even NFL worthy.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
These are some of the reasons why BA and his staff have lost their credibility with the players. Same old same old all the time.

This is the most pigheaded and lazy staff in the NFL. To think that after they acquired AP they had a whole bye week and then 10 days off to prepare for Houston and in light of getting stonewalled in the running game, running as CJ says the same old run into a wall plays and NOT making one adjustment or change is unthinkable. The players must be telling themselves wtf.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
You know this current line is basically the same as last year's---again---players regressing, not progressing. When so many of them are regressing at the same time, that's squarely on the coaching and the predictability and antiquity of the schemes.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Yes we are not a fundamentally sound football team, we are built to pass and our receivers are not up to task, it really starts in offseason. BA thinks he can just turn on the running game mid season and survive injuries and failure in coaching philosophy, it don’t work that way at the nfl level. Obviously

You see imo Palmer would have been a lot more effective if we emphasized rushing and ran more early in the season , CJ has every right to criticize after leading us to a 13-3 season then watching BA go all Whisenhunt on the team and the fan base.

You all spit on me for saying it out loud for years, but now it’s in our face all ugly and snarling again, honey of the big play pass game can only cover up the smell of the BS of a last place run game for so long, before witnessing the death of a Cardinal.

Gabbert needs the same as all QBs need, balanced offense to keep a defense honest, sorry CP and KW didn’t get that consistently, we would probably had rings.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ultimately the problem is Keim and Bidwill have to stand up to BA and make him get rid of position coaches. We don't even have a dedicated OL coach under BA's scheme of stubborn nepotism. We have Goodwin (OC) and Zierlein who have both been here since 2013 and we wonder why it seems like the same poo every year no matter who we pay to play up front.

CJ may be bitter (and he has that right) but he is also 100% correct. I don't think it's a personnel issue personally, I think it's an inability to coach proper technique.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
AD is averaging less than 2 yards per run, so expect for the two games against bad defenses, AD had no chance to do something.

CJ has every right to be bitter and moreso I think many players on our team have the same bitterness with BA. BA doesn't keep accountable anyone nowadays, because he didn't keep accountable himself and his coaches.

Rushing on 4-1 on the own 36 ... just ... and yes a pass to Fitz would have been a better call, but with more than 6 minutes remaining and only trailing by 3, still the wrong call. A ST 4th down trick play, that would have been the right call, but forget it we have Amos Jones ... we can't play ST.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AD is averaging less than 2 yards per run, so expect for the two games against bad defenses, AD had no chance to do something.

CJ has every right to be bitter and moreso I think many players on our team have the same bitterness with BA. BA doesn't keep accountable anyone nowadays, because he didn't keep accountable himself and his coaches.

Rushing on 4-1 on the own 36 ... just ... and yes a pass to Fitz would have been a better call, but with more than 6 minutes remaining and only trailing by 3, still the wrong call. A ST 4th down trick play, that would have been the right call, but forget it we have Amos Jones ... we can't play ST.

CJ wasn't sniffed by anyone all off-season and hasn't been sniffed by anyone since he was cut. At this point, dude should be happy we signed him for any amount of time and be thankful he made a couple more paychecks before the end of his career. Dude's done, was done last year and everyone knows it but him.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
CJ wasn't sniffed by anyone all off-season and hasn't been sniffed by anyone since he was cut. At this point, dude should be happy we signed him for any amount of time and be thankful he made a couple more paychecks before the end of his career. Dude's done, was done last year and everyone knows it but him.
So is AD behind our line ... and CJ if done or not, has a right to call out our bad coaching, hence even the guys on ESPN, NFL.com and so on call out our bad coaching ...

Is CJ getting a new contract? For sure not, has he got his money, yes for sure, is AD doing any better than him with bad o-line play? no not at all. So life is bitter, CJ isn't drinking Fernet Branca but complaining about bad coaching and bad playcalling, that is his right.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
he may just be saying what the guys on the roster are afraid to say...what he was afraid to say when he was getting paid.... you know he still has friends in the RB room

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So is AD behind our line ... and CJ if done or not, has a right to call out our bad coaching, hence even the guys on ESPN, NFL.com and so on call out our bad coaching ...

Is CJ getting a new contract? For sure not, has he got his money, yes for sure, is AD doing any better than him with bad o-line play? no not at all. So life is bitter, CJ isn't drinking Fernet Branca but complaining about bad coaching and bad playcalling, that is his right.

CJ doesn’t have two 150 yard games inside of him anymore. He can say whatever he wants... but he ain’t saying squat everyone doesn’t already know. just comes off as s bitter old has-been to me.

OP
OP
L

londonpete

Rookie
Reaction score
he may just be saying what the guys on the roster are afraid to say..

That's kind of what I was thinking.

And to see us go from a freescoring offense to hitting a brick wall...its frustrating.

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
BA said someone blew their assignment which is why AD got stuffed on 4th and 1. I can’t actually find the play to watch... anyone know who it was?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
BA said someone blew their assignment which is why AD got stuffed on 4th and 1. I can’t actually find the play to watch... anyone know who it was?
it seams we have guys "blowing their assignment" on every play... so,...who exactly is accountable for that??
coaches.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The entire O-Line were a bunch of blocking sleds Sunday. Just a pathetic bunch. My nickname for them is just that...,The Blocking Sleds. Cards have had some historically bad lines but this bunch may be the worst ever.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well it's kind of hard to find new lineman mid season. This offseason is going to be big for the Cards front office

I don't read into anything ex players say

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CJ has every right to be bitter
Really? Why? The Cardinals are the only team that wanted him the last couple of years. They gave him multiple contracts, and now he's out of the league.

The Cardinals' have a lot of issues, not least of which is the entire O-line's run blocking, but the fact is that Peterson is averaging almost a full yard more per rush than Johnson.

I can understand why Johnson would be disappointed and sad, but he has no legitimate reason to be bitter.

...dbs

Edit: Oh, i see Cheesebeef already hit the nail on the head on this issue.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Really? Why? The Cardinals are the only team that wanted him the last couple of years. They gave him multiple contracts, and now he's out of the league.

The Cardinals' have a lot of issues, not least of which is the entire O-line's run blocking, but the fact is that Peterson is averaging almost a full yard more per rush than Johnson.

I can understand why Johnson would be disappointed and sad, but he has no legitimate reason to be bitter.

...dbs

Edit: Oh, i see Cheesebeef already hit the nail on the head on this issue.

Think that way, if you go for your last gig, and somone found out that the supporting cast is poopy and throws you under the bus to get someone other but keeps the supporting cast and the result isn't really better on any level. So you are bitter.

And com'on Kerwyn Williams would have made 100+ yards against that poopy 2 defenses with 25+ carries ...

But for the fact, no one needs a right to be bitter, many are without right.

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bitter ex-player obviously, but he is right. Need a new OL more than a new QB. Our run blocking isn't even NFL worthy.

Everyone was concerned about the suckiness of the O-line since training camp. Humphries was pretty good when he wasn’t hurt but we won’t win much with the current lineup.

BTW, am I the only one who noticed on the play Palmer broke his arm it was AP that missed his blocking assignment? Just surprised this wasn’t more of a story.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Think that way, if you go for your last gig, and somone found out that the supporting cast is ****** and throws you under the bus to get someone other but keeps the supporting cast and the result isn't really better on any level. So you are bitter.

And com'on Kerwyn Williams would have made 100+ yards against that ****** 2 defenses with 25+ carries ...

But for the fact, no one needs a right to be bitter, many are without right.
Kerwynn can't so squat with squat. Once he's off our team he will be out of the league.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Cj dont sound bitter to me, sounds veteran professional like AP, and yes he had the balls to say it in an article on the cards web site before he was cut, right when BA said it about himself - to BAs credit he has ran more since Palmer went down, but his team ain’t coached up and are not up to task- DJ ain’t veteran enough to have a say until now after last season, but he’s happy to get passes on 20 out of his 30 touches - but it don’t hel0 the team as much imo

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson