Reaction score
Child’s Play

Release date: June 21, 2019
Studio: MGM
Director: Lars Klevberg.
MPAA Rating: N/A
Screenwriter: Tyler Burton
Genre: Horror

Starring: Aubrey Plaza, Brian Tyree Henry, Beatrice Kitsos, Ty Consiglio, Mark Hamill

Plot Summary: Chucky will be heading back to the big screen in a "Child’s Play" remake. The new version of the killer doll won’t be a doll possessed by a serial killer, but will be a defective ‘Buddi doll’ whose programming code was hacked so that he has no limitations to learning and also violence.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I might go see this because of Mark Hamil and the tie to the IT producers.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I might go see this because of Mark Hamill and the tie to the IT producers.

Only reasons to see it, IMHO.

This is being made by a completely different creative team than the original film series.

It has nothing to do with the original other than character names and the plot of a killer doll terrifying a family. There is no voodoo spiritual transference of a serial killer into a Good Guy doll. It's about a hacked robot doll. Why not just make a completely different movie based on that rather than re-telling "Chucky?" Very weak, IMHO.

The original series creator Don Mancini, producer David Kirschner, and Brad Dourif (voice of Chucky) are making an 8-episode TV series based in the real Chucky universe and has nothing to do with this millennial re-imagining.

What makes this possible is that the first film was released by MGM/United Artists and all of the sequels (except Seed of Chucky) were done by Universal so the rights are split.

Love that the original creators and cast members are throwing shade on this reboot that no one asked for (since the original creative team is still actively making the TV show/creating new Chucky material).

https://twitter.com/i/moments/1043248665966661632

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only reasons to see it, IMHO.

This is being made by a completely different creative team than the original film series.

It has nothing to do with the original other than character names and the plot of a killer doll terrifying a family. There is no voodoo spiritual transference of a serial killer into a Good Guy doll. It's about a hacked robot doll. Why not just make a completely different movie based on that rather than re-telling "Chucky?" Very weak, IMHO.

The original series creator Don Mancini, producer David Kirschner, and Brad Dourif (voice of Chucky) are making an 8-episode TV series based in the real Chucky universe and has nothing to do with this millennial re-imagining.

What makes this possible is that the first film was released by MGM/United Artists and all of the sequels (except Seed of Chucky) were done by Universal so the rights are split.

Love that the original creators and cast members are throwing shade on this reboot that no one asked for (since the original creative team is still actively making the TV show/creating new Chucky material).

https://twitter.com/i/moments/1043248665966661632

Sounds like sour grapes. I was highly skeptical of them redoing IT. The new IT was awesome. Since it's the same producers I am willing to give it a shot.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like sour grapes. I was highly skeptical of them redoing IT. The new IT was awesome. Since it's the same producers I am willing to give it a shot.

Why were you highly skeptical of IT being redone? :shrug:

We're talking about an originally planned 8 hour miniseries which was crammed into a two-part TV movie - nearly 30 years ago...

Great book that deserved a better treatment and a film release, IMHO.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why were you highly skeptical of IT being redone? :shrug:

We're talking about an originally planned 8 hour miniseries which was crammed into a two-part TV movie - nearly 30 years ago...

Great book that deserved a better treatment and a film release, IMHO.
Although I'm glad they left out the prepubescent ********* that's in the book.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow

I just googled this

what in the actual F?

It was written right near the end of King's cocaine years and the way he explains it is - he intended it to be more about the passage from childhood to adulthood than anything shockingly sexual.

Definitely a crazy scene.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was written right near the end of King's cocaine years and the way he explains it is - he intended it to be more about the passage from childhood to adulthood than anything shockingly sexual.

Definitely a crazy scene.

yeah

I mean, to read his books and think he is normal would be naive.

But, a child orgy has nothing to do with becoming an adult.