Chicago Cubs @ Arizona Diamondbacks Sep 17 - Sep 19, 2018

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I saw the lineup before I went to the game and BC did not disappoint with this:

"Yeah, right Torey. Except for Marte and Ahmed, it is not even a AAA lineup.

Why is it his style to insult D-backs fans with his outrageous comments? Of course this lineup indicates that they have given up.

The reality is that it is understandable, the situation being what it is. But if you don't have anything to say but bull****, don't say anything at all, huh.

Loyalty isn't strengthened by trying to mislead fans who know better. If only he had said, "We lost our chance, and now I'm giving some of the other guys an opportunity to play."

Well, I went to the game and supported the DBacks in person and they won big time.

Personally, I thought RR must have been thinking "I have to pitch perfect with this lineup" so maybe it did help.

It has been an eventful season and I truly enjoy the cast of characters on this site. It makes it fun. Baseball is a very unpredictable game, but it has been very, very good to me.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score

Why is it his style to insult D-backs fans with his outrageous comments? Of course this lineup indicates that they have given up.

The reality is that it is understandable, the situation being what it is. But if you don't have anything to say but bull****, don't say anything at all, huh.

Loyalty isn't strengthened by trying to mislead fans who know better. If only he had said, "We lost our chance, and now I'm giving some of the other guys an opportunity to play."

Well, I went to the game and supported the DBacks in person and they won big time.

Personally, I thought RR must have been thinking "I have to pitch perfect with this lineup" so maybe it did help.

It has been an eventful season and I truly enjoy the cast of characters on this site. It makes it fun. Baseball is a very unpredictable game, but it has been very, very good to me.
I posted an on-site apology here to Torey after watching the game.

And I'll add ... to ASFN posters for reacting the way I did.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
AZ Native said:

As you see above, I apologized yesterday for being critical of Torey Lovullo's decision making and Press conferences, especially since our downfall ... and chose to not question AZ Native's assertion that I was "insulting D-backs fans" by doing so. Even though I didn't see how being critical of the manager insults D-backs fans.

I guess I was caught up in the one day success of Torey's minor league lineup to shake things up, which led to a victory.

Today I read Kent Somers AzCentral/AzRepublic article saying basically what I've been posting. Check out the whole article! Again, I don't see how criticism of the manager "insults D-backs fans", whether by a professional home town sportswriter or an ASFN poster.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...o-arizona-diamondbacks-blame-game/1369978002/

Last edited:

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Why apologize? That lineup screams white flag. Brewers fans were apoplectic. Torey caught lightning in a bottle in that game but it was fun and those guys he had been so loyal to have not performed.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Why apologize? That lineup screams white flag. Brewers fans were apoplectic. Torey caught lightning in a bottle in that game but it was fun and those guys he had been so loyal to have not performed.
I apologized because, as a fan, I took Lovullo's word that he didn't start the youngsters to 'throw in the towel', but rather insert more enthusiasm into the starting lineup.

Who knows which it was? He has been caught in public lies a lot lately. What matters most is that the D-backs have come apart.

By benching four stars of the team, he literally admitted that he failed to keep them motivated. One player would be one thing. But four players falls on the manager.

I don't see how the Front Office can bring him back for next season as though it didn't happen.

I just hope that, when they do make a change, they hire a candidate who has managed a professional baseball team. And, hopefully, one who understands that the National League is different from the American League.

Offhand, I don't know who that could be, but that is the job of the Front Office.