Chase Roullier (Center:Commanders) Just Got Cut

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
My feeling is his knee is toast which is why Washington went out and signed Nick Gates in FA for $5.5m APY on a 3 year deal back in March and then drafted Stromberg to back him up.

Gates is a far worse player than Roullier and I don't see why they would go sign him to a 3 year deal only 2 years into Roullier's 4 year deal if they didn't long suspect Roullier's knee was fubar. Especially when they have to eat $8m in dead cap to do it.
This is most likely.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
We talk a lot about Center but I don't think it's even our biggest concern. Even with Frodo at Center an O line of Hump, Jones, Frodo, Hernandez and Johnson is probably the best O line we rolled out in the last 10 years.

Our safety depth is non existent. If Budda or JT are injured, which is likely, we're looking at Josh Thomas or JuJu Hughes snaps. We seriously need to sign some better safety depth.

Same goes for Tight End. If we are anything like the Vikings and Brown's scheme were going to be running 2 TE sets about 20% of the time and you get past Ertz and McBride and there is nothing. Our current TE 3 is that Austrian dude and Ertz is coming off an ACL.

I'm concerned about our ST's trio of Cooney, Prater and Hembrough. New holder, new snapper, new punter, two of which has never played an NFL snap has the potential for keystone cops moments on ST's.
My primary focus for next year, if I were GM, would be to find out in Murray can play in this league. Winning is literally not in the Cards for next year. A quality line performance is crucial to making an accurate determination.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My primary focus for next year, if I were GM, would be to find out in Murray can play in this league. Winning is literally not in the Cards for next year. A quality line performance is crucial to making an accurate determination.
i agree and just don't understand whey they didn't draft a legitimate center or sign a decent starting one in free agency. They have the cap space to do it. Makes no sense at all to me. When Keim traded fro Rodney Hudson and he started the 2021 season he made a big difference for the Cards and Kyler until he got hurt.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Exactly. Last year should have been Kylers prove it year. He failed miserably and would have gotten the contract he deserved (one year 10 million). I don’t see Murray ever being a franchise quarterback. Maybe he stays in the league as a backup.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I feel like we’ve added enough average to slightly below average players for one offseason. Give me a stud on a multi year contract or let what we have play and have more cap to roll over to next year.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i agree and just don't understand whey they didn't draft a legitimate center or sign a decent starting one in free agency. They have the cap space to do it. Makes no sense at all to me. When Keim traded fro Rodney Hudson and he started the 2021 season he made a big difference for the Cards and Kyler until he got hurt.
Obviously they liked who they took more than who was on the board at each selection this year. Maybe the Frodo guy has real potential. Maybe they like Gaines more than we know. Either way, if nothing else, Monti’s shown he has a plan and sticks to it. The rest of us are gonna have to wait and watch

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Obviously they liked who they took more than who was on the board at each selection this year. Maybe the Frodo guy has real potential. Maybe they like Gaines more than we know. Either way, if nothing else, Monti’s shown he has a plan and sticks to it. The rest of us are gonna have to wait and watch

You must be registered for see images attach

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson