Chase Roullier (Center:Commanders) Just Got Cut

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two major leg injuries in the last two years and will be 30 when the season starts. Worth a vet minimum flyer, but not more than that. He also was really bad in the 150 snaps he played last season before going down with an injury.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I’m an curious to see if we add some upgrades to the roster now that the draft is complete and no comp picks are lost.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Minimum with play time incentives. No Brainer signing if as Harry says he can pass a physical. Something is better than nuthin'.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
No doubt they'll ask Drew Terrill for his input and likely that input will carry the day.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Oddly enough, Washington cut him because they drafted Stromberg.

In a normal year, this would seem like a good match. But unless he signs a one-year minimum deal, he doesn't fit the offseason goals of being non-competitive and saving Michael money. There would appear to be too much risk of him getting hurt again and having to pay for his replacement.

At this point, my biggest worry for this year is not getting caught purposely tanking, which seems legitimate after the past couple months. Imagine doing all of this and then having the league take away the #1 pick in the draft.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
At this point, my biggest worry for this year is not getting caught purposely tanking, which seems legitimate after the past couple months. Imagine doing all of this and then having the league take away the #1 pick in the draft.
I think Gannon will be encouraged to coach his ass off - unimpeded by Monti - as to not arouse any provable suspicions/allegations of impropriety

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

In a normal year, this would seem like a good match. But unless he signs a one-year minimum deal, he doesn't fit the offseason goals of being non-competitive and saving Michael money. There would appear to be too much risk of him getting hurt again and having to pay for his replacement.

So...sign this guy and hope he lasts six to eight games while the youngsters learn from him. Then start the youngster. Cut this guy as soon as he is off IR.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Two major leg injuries in the last two years and will be 30 when the season starts. Worth a vet minimum flyer, but not more than that. He also was really bad in the 150 snaps he played last season before going down with an injury.

Sounds like he’ll fit right in.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I’m no supporter of Michael at all but I think this offseason had way more to do with changing the culture and having cap to roll over into next year than saving money. He’s paying two staffs right now.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really think the plan is to develop one or two of the young guys to play center the bulk of snaps this year, so I doubt they do anything.

I simply don't think Monti or the coaching staff see the center position as a big need like so many of the fans do.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Gannon will be encouraged to coach his ass off - unimpeded by Monti - as to not arouse any provable suspicions/allegations of impropriety
We don't have to tank. We can just sit back and watch Houston suck since we have their top pick.

I am not going to every home game to see losses. Go Cards !!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My feeling is his knee is toast which is why Washington went out and signed Nick Gates in FA for $5.5m APY on a 3 year deal back in March and then drafted Stromberg to back him up.

Gates is a far worse player than Roullier and I don't see why they would go sign him to a 3 year deal only 2 years into Roullier's 4 year deal if they didn't long suspect Roullier's knee was fubar. Especially when they have to eat $8m in dead cap to do it.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I really think the plan is to develop one or two of the young guys to play center the bulk of snaps this year, so I doubt they do anything.

I simply don't think Monti or the coaching staff see the center position as a big need like so many of the fans do.
Great plan. Greaaaat plan :sarcasm:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

We talk a lot about Center but I don't think it's even our biggest concern. Even with Frodo at Center an O line of Hump, Jones, Frodo, Hernandez and Johnson is probably the best O line we rolled out in the last 10 years.

Our safety depth is non existent. If Budda or JT are injured, which is likely, we're looking at Josh Thomas or JuJu Hughes snaps. We seriously need to sign some better safety depth.

Same goes for Tight End. If we are anything like the Vikings and Brown's scheme were going to be running 2 TE sets about 20% of the time and you get past Ertz and McBride and there is nothing. Our current TE 3 is that Austrian dude and Ertz is coming off an ACL.

I'm concerned about our ST's trio of Cooney, Prater and Hembrough. New holder, new snapper, new punter, two of which has never played an NFL snap has the potential for keystone cops moments on ST's.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score

Why it's never good to be out of synch with one's true nature. They're better off winning. They'd likely mess up tanking and get worse.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We don't have to tank. We can just sit back and watch Houston suck since we have their top pick.

I am not going to every home game to see losses. Go Cards !!
I hate to break it to you, but pragmatically, you are. It may not be your intent, but your intentions have a less than minuscule impact on what is most likely to occur . . . you sitting in the toaster seeing losses. I commend you for your dedication. If I still lived in AZ I’d be in a seat as well, but likely rooting for losses this season.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose