Chase Edmonds

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chase has 395 yards from scrimmage through 4 games.

As that's 99 yards per game I don't need to tell you what he would project to over a season.

I don't think he gets enough plaudits here. I think he is the glue that holds this offense together. Kyler clearly trusts him. He's a guy Kyler looks for when he's in trouble. He's lines up in the backfield and at WR. He is a superb pass blocker when asked to do so.

If David Johnson started the season with nearly 400 yards in 4 games we would be all over it. Show Chase some love!

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chase has 395 yards from scrimmage through 4 games.

As that's 99 yards per game I don;t need to tell you what he would project to over a season.

I don't think he gets enough plaudits here. I think he is the glue that holds this offense together. Kyler clearly trusts him. He's a guy Kyler looks for when he's in trouble. He's lines up in the backfield and at WR. He is a superb pass blocker when asked to do so.

If David Johnson started the season with nearly 400 yards in 4 games we would be all over it. Show Chase some love!
Yes, Chase is a critical cog on this offense. Exactly why picking up Conners was a fantastic move on Keim’s part. You have to keep Chase fresh & hopefully healthy.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I gave him the game ball. The only named player on my list. Dude came to play yesterday... he always plays fairly well but he was very focused against the lambs

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Dude played a massive game. Was surprised he got caught by so many defenders in his breakaway though. Thought he was faster than that.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Yea baby 12 carries for 120! Connors had 18 for 50! Won me $200 on $50 bet on Caesar’s ! Mix in 6 by Km, 2 by Moore ( don’t count the 2 by colt kneeling) we had balance - more runs then passes!

I do believe our aggressive passing opens up the run, but hopefully this will give us confidence to run earlier, I don’t like the 3 pass for 5 yards opening drives, punt. I still whole heartily believe out pass game can be much better, rpo and play action If we could run the ball effectively to start the game, help limit the interception on the first drive after halftime also.

kind of a different analytic chase gets 2/3 of the snaps while Conner gets 2/3 rd of the carries. Is working in clean up, chase was definitely fresh on that 54 yard carry, Conner did beat them up with occasional slip, turf tackle. I’m building confidence that we won’t fade in weather games late in the season, but our run game, blocking is still developing.

I think having a run game coordinator is helping, by having a voice in the game plan. Air raid has always included an effective run game, now air red is earning it. I think this is of paramount importance in our division And hopefully weather games in the playoffs.

yea chase has his role, is great at it, don't boink up the cake mix recipe.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude played a massive game. Was surprised he got caught by so many defenders in his breakaway though. Thought he was faster than that.

This angle makes it obvious why they had an angle and he had to cut it to the right to avoid a defender which gave all the guys to his right an even better angle. But I have to admit I was surprised too having just predicted on the game thread if we did an inside shovel pass he'd take it to the house, he took a regular handoff and I thought he was going to house it.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Tough little dude. I loved how he stiff armed that defender with a spin move for another few yards.
His most impressive play to me. That was during the 99 yard drive in the 4th while trying to run clock. Without those moves, spinning back inside, he gets pushed out of bounds. Smart plays like that win football games.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Yea baby 12 carries for 120! Connors had 18 for 50! Won me $200 on $50 bet on Caesar’s ! Mix in 6 by Km, 2 by Moore ( don’t count the 2 by colt kneeling) we had balance - more runs then passes!

I do believe our aggressive passing opens up the run, but hopefully this will give us confidence to run earlier, I don’t like the 3 pass for 5 yards opening drives, punt. I still whole heartily believe out pass game can be much better, rpo and play action If we could run the ball effectively to start the game, help limit the interception on the first drive after halftime also.

kind of a different analytic chase gets 2/3 of the snaps while Conner gets 2/3 rd of the carries. Is working in clean up, chase was definitely fresh on that 54 yard carry, Conner did beat them up with occasional slip, turf tackle. I’m building confidence that we won’t fade in weather games late in the season, but our run game, blocking is still developing.

I think having a run game coordinator is helping, by having a voice in the game plan. Air raid has always included an effective run game, now air red is earning it. I think this is of paramount importance in our division And hopefully weather games in the playoffs.

yea chase has his role, is great at it, don't boink up the cake mix recipe.
Ya know Smelly, I would prefer to see the rpo completely disappear from our offense. I don’t want defenses thinking about Kyler running either.... want them to totally forget about it. Kyler Murray is a pocket passer... get that on GMFB and get everyone saying it. That way defenses have to play us honest and when he does run it will be there.
I’m not saying abandon the run, just go traditional with it. We have the backs to mount a running game without trickery.. I liked the way Kyler used his legs yesterday. He bought himself time to throw.... he got his receivers time to get open... and when there was nothing else he scooted for a few yards. It was nearly perfect.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have to admit that Conner is actually pretty useful as a goalline back, but I think he is taking to many of Chase's carries in between the 20's

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I have to admit that Conner is actually pretty useful as a goalline back, but I think he is taking to many of Chase's carries in between the 20's
Conner is in the top five in rushing TDs this season! Sam Darnold has five, and Conner is tied with some guys with 4.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

best part of that play for me was watching the replay from the endzone angle and the second that hole opens WIDE and Edmonds makes the cut back, Kyler held both of his hands up in the air. He knew that was the moment that just CRUSHED the Rams soul.

man, yesterday was awesome.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Best run all day was still Kyler for the first giving us the wonderful position of being on the other end of a Russell Wilson run for a first where the defense did nothing wrong but our QB is a freak :)

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
best part of that play for me was watching the replay from the endzone angle and the second that hole opens WIDE and Edmonds makes the cut back, Kyler held both of his hands up in the air. He knew that was the moment that just CRUSHED the Rams soul.

man, yesterday was awesome.
Know what's cool? I'm sure everyone here would have loved to see K1 run for 2 TDs yesterday in those short situations. But Conner got the vulture TDs. And it seemed that Murray was as happy as anyone. Team glory > individual glory. That's a true team leader.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Know what's cool? I'm sure everyone here would have loved to see K1 run for 2 TDs yesterday in those short situations. But Conner got the vulture TDs. And it seemed that Murray was as happy as anyone. Team glory > individual glory. That's a true team leader.
I actually told cheese I didn’t think the Murray boot would be particularly effective against a fast Rams defense. So I’m glad they didn’t think in those terms.