Chase Edmonds

notdeadyet

Reaction score
Quickness and balance are his best assets. Lack of speed will hurt him when blocking breaks down. What jumps out on film is how quickly he can secure a catch and turn his body up field without breaking stride. I read he was courted by Bill Belichick as a replacement for Dion Lewis before the draft. Use him correctly as a situational back, he could be a good weapon...

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I'm still wondering which star back that Keim thinks he's similar to? Emmit Smith? Similar size/build, though Edmonds times a lot faster.

I say Emmitt because both do not have great straight line speed but are very methodical after they hit the line and rely on vision and quicks. What Edmonds has yet to show is that low center of gravity and the ability of a defender not to get a concise tackle on him, that extra yardage of bobbing through a tackle (a guy like Barry Sanders did not just bob through but was lighting quick with amazing style, Terry Metcalf having a little of that extreme change of direction too) opposed to simply overpowering a guy through physicality. I say he has not because his level of competition so far makes it hard to determine, while Emmitt showed the ability in a more elite conference... will be interesting to find out

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Didn't he run like a 4.4? I'm not seeing lack of speed. He's plenty fast. Emmitt wasn't timed fast, he was like a 4.6 guy coming out, but he ran 4.6 on the field which is plenty fast in pads.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I say Emmitt because both do not have great straight line speed but are very methodical after they hit the line and rely on vision and quicks. What Edmonds has yet to show is that low center of gravity and the ability of a defender not to get a concise tackle on him, that extra yardage of bobbing through a tackle (a guy like Barry Sanders did not just bob through but was lighting quick with amazing style, Terry Metcalf having a little of that extreme change of direction too) opposed to simply overpowering a guy through physicality. I say he has not because his level of competition so far makes it hard to determine, while Emmitt showed the ability in a more elite conference... will be interesting to find out

Yes he didn't show it against elite competition, but he showed those traits. All the film clips of Edmonds shows a guy who bounces off of hits and moves well laterally.

Reaction score
Two things:
1. I've seen videos of a number of our UDFA's, from really small schools, but can't find anything on Chase, other than a combine tape. Is Harry the only poster who has seen tape on him?
2. The Cardinals' coaches/scouts reps are on the line, along with Harry's. Who will be praised or ridiculed?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Didn't he run like a 4.4? I'm not seeing lack of speed. He's plenty fast. Emmitt wasn't timed fast, he was like a 4.6 guy coming out, but he ran 4.6 on the field which is plenty fast in pads.

No a 4.55, he is not a speedster.

That’s fast enough though.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Two things:
1. I've seen videos of a number of our UDFA's, from really small schools, but can't find anything on Chase, other than a combine tape. Is Harry the only poster who has seen tape on him?
2. The Cardinals' coaches/scouts reps are on the line, along with Harry's. Who will be praised or ridiculed?
I can find a bunch of videos by simply typing his name into youtube.

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
As crazy as it sounds I think they may be thinking Barry sanders. Keim has emphasized his lateral quickness, and ability to stay balanced multiple times.
Exactly who I was thinking same build junkies in the hole a little to much for my taste, doesn't have the moves that Sanders had but he is a tough guy to square up on

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Exactly who I was thinking same build junkies in the hole a little to much for my taste, doesn't have the moves that Sanders had but he is a tough guy to square up on

Sanders wasn't super fast either. Too many football fans don't understand their is a difference between play speed and timed speed. Barry didn't time super fast either, nor was he big. Barry and Emmitt were both small and tough, and Edmonds is about the same size.

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
Sanders wasn't super fast either. Too many football fans don't understand their is a difference between play speed and timed speed. Barry didn't time super fast either, nor was he big. Barry and Emmitt were both small and tough, and Edmonds is about the same size.
We will see I I don't like undersized backs usually but the tape I've watched I'm starting to really like him he is hard to pick out among the trees

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
We will see I I don't like undersized backs usually but the tape I've watched I'm starting to really like him he is hard to pick out among the trees

I've always liked shorter backs because of this. Loved Maurice Jones-Drew coming out of UCLA because he was so hard for defenders to see and he was like a bowling ball.

My favorite RB of all time was Natrone Means. He had a short career but when he was good, man, he was good.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I've always liked shorter backs because of this. Loved Maurice Jones-Drew coming out of UCLA because he was so hard for defenders to see and he was like a bowling ball.

My favorite RB of all time was Natrone Means. He had a short career but when he was good, man, he was good.

Stump Mitchel was a small back and yet all he did was produce :)

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
CardsSunsDbacks, thanks for the highlight reel. I know that Harry wasn't impressed, but he looks pretty good to me. I do realize that it's a HL video, and we do have to worry about the level of competition, but as a fourth round pick, he looks pretty good.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Comes from a long line of great Fordham Ram football players

Notable former players

:biglaugh:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member