Chase Edmonds "now or never"

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
hung out with him at Greenskeepers at Waste Management. he was amongst a group of Kirk, Murphy, Gino Littles (their "handler"), and buncha washed college athletes...

Chase was surprised I knew his name - it was after his rookie year. He seems like a smart dude and I hope he gets PAID next year. He deserves that.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
hung out with him at Greenskeepers at Waste Management. he was amongst a group of Kirk, Murphy, Gino Littles (their "handler"), and buncha washed college athletes...

Chase was surprised I knew his name - it was after his rookie year. He seems like a smart dude and I hope he gets PAID next year. He deserves that.
Well, he’ll “deserve” it if he produces.

were y’all throwing rocks at vans together?

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well, he’ll “deserve” it if he produces.

were y’all throwing rocks at vans together?
so far he's steadily improving, has stayed out of trouble and answers the media well. I would say he's showed he's a professional and deserves to get another contract (probably on the bigger half if he stays healthy)

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Andre Ellington part deux….. My ptsd is real folks.
Don’t you ever say such a thing lol. Not even close. Ellington was the most overrated player in the board’s history. What a soft ass bum. Edmonds is far better in every department.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Andre Ellington part deux….. My ptsd is real folks.

You're not the only one who's worried. We're one standard Conner high-ankle sprain from having one guy who's good for 10-15 touches a game and doesn't hold up.

He did not admit that from what I read.

When asked about doubts he can be a 20-carry back: "I may not be your typical 20-carry guy." That would be enough in and of itself, but then he goes on to say maybe he can be a 20 TOUCHES guy. If that's not admitting you aren't a 20-carry guy, I don't know what is.

And for those who aren't concerned with that, what happens if (when) Conner gets injured? Where do the carries come from? Oh, yeah, I know what the scornful, sarcastic replies will be: "Duh, some Jacksonville practice squad bum." Like, yeah, magic! It's just that easy! Like, that's why everyone in the NFL has good enough RBs. Oh wait...

The health of Conner is key. Chase is really good when you keep him to 12 to 15 touches a game.

Exactly the scary part of the formula. We have a guy that can be passable but in an extremely limited capacity, and we have a guy with huge injury concerns. Not good.

Dang it, just when I drag myself OUT of the RB conversation, they pull me back IN :D

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You're not the only one who's worried. We're one standard Conner high-ankle sprain from having one guy who's good for 10-15 touches a game and doesn't hold up.

When asked about doubts he can be a 20-carry back: "I may not be your typical 20-carry guy." That would be enough in and of itself, but then he goes on to say maybe he can be a 20 TOUCHES guy. If that's not admitting you aren't a 20-carry guy, I don't know what is.

And for those who aren't concerned with that, what happens if (when) Conner gets injured? Where do the carries come from? Oh, yeah, I know what the scornful, sarcastic replies will be: "Duh, some Jacksonville practice squad bum." Like, yeah, magic! It's just that easy! Like, that's why everyone in the NFL has good enough RBs. Oh wait...

Exactly the scary part of the formula. We have a guy that can be passable but in an extremely limited capacity, and we have a guy with huge injury concerns. Not good.

Dang it, just when I drag myself OUT of the RB conversation, they pull me back IN :D

"May or may not" is used to indicate that the point is under thought or scrutiny. It's not meant to give a clear indication that one option is more likely than the other. Given that all of two RBs averaged 20+ carries per game in 2020, I can't see much of an issue here beyond the possibility that the tandem approach at RB fails due to injury. As for his 20 touch reference, it's to my mind a simple expression of his ability to both run and catch and his understanding as to how he's likely to be used.

Stout

Reaction score
"May or may not" is used to indicate that the point is under thought or scrutiny. It's not meant to give a clear indication that one option is more likely than the other. Given that all of two RBs averaged 20+ carries per game in 2020, I can't see much of an issue here beyond the possibility that the tandem approach at RB fails due to injury. As for his 20 touch reference, it's to my mind a simple expression of his ability to both run and catch and his understanding as to how he's likely to be used.

Your quote, "may or may not," does not match his quote, which was less firm. Either one is a shaky statement that doesn't inspire folks to say "He really thinks he CAN be that guy." You don't waffle on a question like that when there's huge question marks over your head and you're heading into a contract season, if you believe you can be that guy. "I can do whatever the team asks of me" or something similar would serve.

This isn't to criticize him for not being a full-time guy. He KNOWS he's not that guy and he's pitching us and other possible teams as to what he can do: Add touches through receptions. It's a shrewd answer, but also an answer that says he's not "the guy" and never will be.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Football 101: running the football is more about the offensive line than the running back .

Stout

Reaction score
Football 101: running the football is more about the offensive line than the running back .

Football 100: You still actually have to have a serviceable running back.

See, here's the scornful reply I was expecting. Krang is 100 percent cool if we lose Conner for a long stretch and have nothing but Edmonds because just any old RB will do, duh!

Again, Krang, if any old RB will do, why isn't every NFL team set at the position? I know what your answer will be! Because they don't have good OLs, right? Circular logic at its finest.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Football 100: You still actually have to have a serviceable running back.

See, here's the scornful reply I was expecting. Krang is 100 percent cool if we lose Conner for a long stretch and have nothing but Edmonds because just any old RB will do, duh!

Again, Krang, if any old RB will do, why isn't every NFL team set at the position? I know what your answer will be! Because they don't have good OLs, right? Circular logic at its finest.

It's not circular logic if one accepts the premise that the key to a good running game is an effective O-line.