Chargers at Cardinals gameday thread 11-27-22

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That game may have decided the Payton sweepstakes.

This loss COULD be a blessing in disguise down the road.
I have zero confidence the man who gave us this - and just extended it unnecessarily - will be circumspect enough to proactively move for change, much less hit a homerun like landing Payton.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two weak throws.

the first one he clearly thought someone, I think Anderson, was going to cut to the middle of the field which was of course WIDE open because of the time in the clock. That's why he threw it there but the play took too long.

The next one was stupid, he held the ball so long even if complete the game is over. He had to get both out quicker and the first one I actually agree the middle was completely open, but nobody was on the page he was

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Conner received 25 of the 27 RB carries today, which is ridiculous. He looked winded 5 minutes into the 3rd quarter. He far and away had his best game of the season, but mixing in another runner could have made a difference.
Agreed. He had a great three quarters but that dude is not a bellcow back. Of course we don’t really have much behind him.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Murray was 18 for 29, 191 yards. Two TDs, One INT. Pure QB rating of 89.9. Seven rushes for 56. Kind of "meh" really. Below expectations if we're being honest.

I thought the defense played their asses off today, but they couldn't overcome the offense completely cratering in the 4th.

How many first downs in Q4 did we need to salt away this one? Two? Three? But really, really unimaginative play design and calling on those last few series, and bad execution by the players. Like Ouchie said, a K1 run play (or two or three) would have been nice to see. Or some throws to DHop...

Then there was the "Worst Call of the Century".. the deep fade to Dhop on 4th and inches from our 35. just wow.. lol.

4-8... I think K2 needs at least two more wins to avoid getting fired, and I'm not sure where he's going to get those.
It’s actually worse than a deep fade to Hop. The call was a one read out to Trey McHousler (who ran his route short of the sticks) which when easily read and covered meant we had to do a fire drill fade.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. He had a great three quarters but that dude is not a bellcow back. Of course we don’t really have much behind him.

That first run should have gone for so much more than 18 yards too. It was perfectly blocked. Drake, Chase, Tim Hightower all of those guys get 40 or 50 yards on that play IMO.

Conner is a tough SOB and had some great runs today, love the guy, but yeah he's not the answer as a fulltime RB

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No need to worry about how we fare the rest of the season, make VJ the interim, cool because the same result is that we are looking for a head coach, VJ is not the solution but he is just a interim and does not mean we have to bring him back
Sorry, but just can’t take the risk that if the Cardinals win a couple meaningless games, that Bidwill decides to make him HC to save money. VJ has to go asap also.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The only correct answer is a clean sweep of KK, VJ and Sk. And not hire the new GM from within. This franchise needs a culture reset from an organization that repeatedly knows what it’s doing. I’m sure there 2-3 top guys we could poach from the top orgs out there.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I can say with a large amount of confidence Harry would be a more competent coach. That's not a dig Harry, just saying that anyone with an ounce of actual football knowledge could manage time outs.
No offense taken.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It doesnt matter that the offense was conservative. You had 3 ******* time outs with a minute 30 left up 7 and a team within your 30 and you let them milk the clock so you wouldn't get another possession.

If there is 45 seconds on the clock they never go for 2.

He is beyond incompetent at time management.

Then my favorite graphic is we are 0-18 with 3 and 10 or longer. Offensive genius
I ask the same thing. When it gets to a point where time is not a factor for the team trying to score you use your time outs.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
So, moving forward, I’m thinking that unfortunately MB will opt for a “rearranging the desk chairs on the Titanic” approach and keep SK & KK, but insist that much of the coaching staff be let go this off season. If so, I’ll continue to root for this now quite unlikeable team to lose.

I ask the same thing. When it gets to a point where time is not a factor for the team trying to score you use your time outs.
Yup! By some miracle they didn't waste them earlier.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This defense has given up at least 25 points in 5 out of the last 6 games. Counting on then to keep the Chargers out of the end zone for the entire fourth was beyond optimistic.

Kliff needs to go.
Was saying the same. Not getting a first down was giving the game away. Our D with anything on the line will fold.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The biggest joke of the entire season will be that there’s no way we fire Kliff or Keim after this season.

Before yesterday I would have agreed.

But that was some bitch ass coaching at the end of the game by Kliff. The defense gave the the offense all the opportunities to go win the game and they were cowards. Execution was awful by the players but the play calling by Kliff was cowardly. He should be fired just for those 3 drives.

And if Mike has any sense those last 3 drives would have made his mind up.

Last edited:

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I don't think we get Payton unless we are willing to fire Keim. And MB won't be pressured like that. Therefore...... he is a huge hope for the fan base but a non-starter for our owner.

All the greats bring along their own executives. Reid did it with Dorsey also.
I think Payton will insist on total personnel control wherever he goals.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Odd you think that's some kind of win for Kyler...

But not surprising.
It's not a win for Kyler, but shows the play wasn't his fault. Nor was the idiotic choice to go for it in the first place. Nor was the idea not to run a simple play to go for it after the idiotic choice.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose