Channing Frye

cly2tw

Reaction score
The perfect system for him, especially playing alongside Nash

And alongside Amare who draws tons of attention in the paint. As long as Frye and Amare could defend the opposing bigs to certain degree of satisfaction, on offense they will be like "take your own poisons".:D

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If they can get 15 rebounds between the two of them on a nightly basis, I think we could be OK.

keric

Reaction score
Is there any doubt that he will lead all "centers" in made 3 pointers this year?

Funny stat: In the next few games, his yearly 3 point made totals will surpass his CAREER made 3's

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Love the guy... but seriously, can we really compete with our center being our leading 3-point guy, and Grant Hill our leading rebounder??

I still believe Amare is going to have become our Lebron... He needs to be a consistent 25 ppg, 10-12 Rebounds per game guy...

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they can get 15 rebounds between the two of them on a nightly basis, I think we could be OK.

Why would you think that? Shaq/Amare combo was better at rebounding and that was not enough last year. So why would an inferior combo of Frye/Amare be OK?????

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why would you think that? Shaq/Amare combo was better at rebounding and that was not enough last year. So why would an inferior combo of Frye/Amare be OK?????

Well, so far it looks like Grant Hill is picking up slack in the rebounding dept big time. He seems to do whatever the team needs him to do. Plus, our guards seem to be rebounding the ball better this year. We are also getting better rebounding numbers off of our bench. Plus, the pace and the offensive efficiency seems better this year.

Its only three games though.

Hoping for more than 15 a game between the two seems unrealistic.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Love the guy... but seriously, can we really compete with our center being our leading 3-point guy, and Grant Hill our leading rebounder??

I still believe Amare is going to have become our Lebron... He needs to be a consistent 25 ppg, 10-12 Rebounds per game guy...

I don't see why not. Marion was our leading rebounder while playing the 3. If we get decent rebounding out of the center position, and offensive production, I cannot see why that would not work.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I don't see why not. Marion was our leading rebounder while playing the 3. If we get decent rebounding out of the center position, and offensive production, I cannot see why that would not work.

I hope I'm wrong, but Hill is significantly older and far less athletic as Marion was when he was doing that for us here in Phoenix. I just can't see Hill remaining our leading rebounder throughout the season.
Again, I hope I'm wrong...

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Amare made an interesting point the other night when he said that instead of trying to get the rebound, he's trying to prevent his man from getting the rebound, which is why you're seeing high rebounding numbers from Grant Hill. It could be just an excuse, but it does make a certain amount of sense.

Blackification

Registered
Reaction score
Amare made an interesting point the other night when he said that instead of trying to get the rebound, he's trying to prevent his man from getting the rebound, which is why you're seeing high rebounding numbers from Grant Hill. It could be just an excuse, but it does make a certain amount of sense.
its gentrys way of group rebounding, bigs box out for hill, nash, and j-rich.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It is team rebounding and very nice to see. I never cared if Amare got the rebound as much as him not boxing out his guy and letting him get the offensive rebound.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, so far it looks like Grant Hill is picking up slack in the rebounding dept big time. He seems to do whatever the team needs him to do. Plus, our guards seem to be rebounding the ball better this year. We are also getting better rebounding numbers off of our bench. Plus, the pace and the offensive efficiency seems better this year.

Its only three games though.

Hoping for more than 15 a game between the two seems unrealistic.

Trust me...those things will come down to earth and there will be a big hole there except when Amare has a great rebounding night.

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
I have noticed Amare and Frye clearing the paint for Hill, JRich, and Dudley, so I believe that statement by Amare.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
JRich and Hill are great rebounders for the position, and since Amare cant box out AND rebound, this is the next best option.

I am 100% content with that as long as it works :p

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
JRich and Hill are great rebounders for the position, and since Amare cant box out AND rebound, this is the next best option.

I am 100% content with that as long as it works :p

Suns are getting fewer fast breaks because everybody's crashing the boards.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Never trust somebody that says "trust me".
Personally I don't trust a basketball team that lives by the jumpshot, can't rebound and deliberately doesn't play any defense just so they can gain offensive possessions and ticket sales.....but that's just me.

I wish teams were afraid of the SUNS and their 3-0 record,i really do,but they aren't..."trust me." :mad:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Personally I don't trust a basketball team that lives by the jumpshot, can't rebound and deliberately doesn't play any defense just so they can gain offensive possessions and ticket sales.....but that's just me.

I wish teams were afraid of the SUNS and their 3-0 record,i really do,but they aren't..."trust me." :mad:

Deliberately doesn't play defense? LOL

They don't play defense because they simply don't have the skills. But they are certainly trying.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Deliberately doesn't play defense? LOL

They don't play defense because they simply don't have the skills. But they are certainly trying.
They don't have the "players" that have the skills. They have the players they have because they "chose" these players Chap......like Channing Frye.

If the SUNS wanted to play defense they'd build a team with players that possess defensive skills.....don't fool yourself.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson