Change In Depth Charts?

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Depth Charts are updated in the preseason, or do we just get one before the start of PS and then one at the start of the regular season?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Depth Charts are updated in the preseason, or do we just get one before the start of PS and then one at the start of the regular season?

It's mandated to be updated weekly. I think it will likely be tomorrow.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Of all the rooms the CB one seems most out of whack as they only list 2 CB spots. It looks like it will be,

Alford and Murphy in base
Alford and Butler with Murphy in the slot in nickel.

Dennard is the 2nd string slot CB
Wilson is the 2nd string outside CB

Worley, Gowan and Whitaker are at the back end fighting for a roster spot.

Have to worry about Wiggins making the roster too for the Wiggins fans out there. He's right at the back of the depth chart behind journeymen like Washington, Banjo and Williams.

Heard nothing about him in camp, didn't show in the first PS game. Not looking promising.

HammerCards

Veteran
Reaction score
Of all the rooms the CB one seems most out of whack as they only list 2 CB spots. It looks like it will be,

Have to worry about Wiggins making the roster too for the Wiggins fans out there. He's right at the back of the depth chart behind journeymen like Washington, Banjo and Williams.

Heard nothing about him in camp, didn't show in the first PS game. Not looking promising.
Outside of Zaven, looks like they have all the rookies slightly behind where they actually may be. But your point certainly does hold, especially at a position where it appears a depth spot is readily available.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Doesn't mean much they always tend to put veterans ahead of rookies even if those veterans have slimmed chance to pass the cuts
It's a form of respect for the veterans and shows to rookies nothing is granted cause they have been drafted

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

I'll be concerned if Alford is starting at all and Butler isn't starting in the base package. Not concerned at this point, because it's just preseason game 2, but in game 1 of the regular season.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'll be concerned if Alford is starting at all and Butler isn't starting in the base package. Not concerned at this point, because it's just preseason game 2, but in game 1 of the regular season.

That's how it's been in camp and that's how it started vs Cowboys. That looks like the way it's going.

For what it's worth Murphy has to start getting outside looks or he's the most overdrafted slot in the league. But if he's going to be there in base I'd rather he stay there all the time. He's an average slot anyway so might as well let Dennard do it.

The Alford vs Butler debate on the other side is surprising. They must see more in Alford at this stage. Maybe Butler is taking time to pick up a playbook that Alford has had 2 years to study.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Interesting about butler vs Alford. I assumed Butler would win that job but I guess it’s not the worst thing if Murphy and Alford win the jobs and Murphy moved to slot in three corner sets.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Interesting about butler vs Alford. I assumed Butler would win that job but I guess it’s not the worst thing if Murphy and Alford win the jobs and Murphy moved to slot in three corner sets.
Two guys know the defense and one is new.. I’ll wait to see how it shakes out for week one.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Two guys know the defense and one is new.. I’ll wait to see how it shakes out for week one.

Malcolm has a full TC and has started multiple places now, I would be *extremely* surprised if he isn’t capable of picking up the defense.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Malcolm has a full TC and has started multiple places now, I would be *extremely* surprised if he isn’t capable of picking up the defense.
I agree, I was implying they might just be working him up the depth chart slowly since he is new. Then again, that didn’t stop them with Zaven Collins.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Doesn't mean much they always tend to put veterans ahead of rookies even if those veterans have slimmed chance to pass the cuts
It's a form of respect for the veterans and shows to rookies nothing is granted cause they have been drafted
And Wiggins made some nice plays on Special Teams lol.

Ill be damned if Worley makes the roster over Gowan or even Whitaker.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
And Wiggins made some nice plays on Special Teams lol.

Ill be damned if Worley makes the roster over Gowan or even Whitaker.
Wiggins just has to flash on special teams to make the roster. Why keep a washed vet when you can keep a younger and cheaper rookie who is just as good on special teams.?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wiggins just has to flash on special teams to make the roster. Why keep a washed vet when you can keep a younger and cheaper rookie who is just as good on special teams.?

There's 300k difference between Wiggins cap hit and that of Shawn Williams. I doubt money will be a factor.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
There's 300k difference between Wiggins cap hit and that of Shawn Williams. I doubt money will be a factor.
300k is 300k is the grand scheme of things. I agree that it may not be a primary factor, but money always finds a way into those convos.