Chandler Jones removes all Cardinals references from IG

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wolfley just backed up the bus over CJ. Paraphrase:

31 years old? Major biceps injury coming back from? You expecting a raise? You know what Bellicheck does with a guy like in his last year of his deal? Trade him.

Take that for what it’s worth.

I hope this is not contract negotiation through the media.

Proximo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
To me the right move is clearly to not extend him, and not trade him. Make him play out the contract and if he still can produce franchise him for one more year. There is no way it will be a good idea to pay him big money in three years anyway.

juza76

Registered
Reaction score
To me the right move is clearly to not extend him, and not trade him. Make him play out the contract and if he still can produce franchise him for one more year. There is no way it will be a good idea to pay him big money in three years anyway.
From a business standpoint I'm agree
But Is not very smart to keep a player against his will , especially a personality like Chandler Jones

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not me. As much as I would like to say wait and see, elite pass rushers do not grow on trees. If he doesn't get another contract, he might not want to re-sign. I'm with BRR. Give him 2 more years.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Real simple - you franchise tag him.

You don't HAVE to sign a franchise tag if you are the player... the option is to sit out, but the optics would look just as bad for the Cards than it would for Jones if he did.

TK421

Veteran
Reaction score
Not me. As much as I would like to say wait and see, elite pass rushers do not grow on trees. If he doesn't get another contract, he might not want to re-sign. I'm with BRR. Give him 2 more years.

I'm sure the team would agree with a 2 yr contract so why isn't it a done deal? Either he wants a longer contract or way too much $$$. I'm so upset at CJ for being such a prima donna and ruining what was so far a very successful offseason.

QuebecCard

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm sure the team would agree with a 2 yr contract so why isn't it a done deal? Either he wants a longer contract or way too much $$$. I'm so upset at CJ for being such a prima donna and ruining what was so far a very successful offseason.

Quantum jump to a conclusion.

We have NO IDEA what's being discussed if anything.

Be upset if he doesn't show up to camp and until then relax.

overseascardfan

Reaction score
https://raisingzona.com/2021/06/13/arizona-cardinals-chandler-jones-trade-miami-dolphins/

Posting this here as it makes most sense.

If Jones isn't willing to extend them maybe this makes sense but I wouldn't throw in picks as well. I would rather just trade a pick for Gilmore and keep Jones this year. If he lights it up this season you can either TT or FT him. If he tanks then let him test market but TT him as leverage to either work a S&T or structure a new deal.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I'm on the 2 more years train here. Not sure the price here though but things look bleak if you just have Golden and Kennard.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CARDS211