CFB & Prospect Discussion Thread:

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Here's an analogy(maybe a crappy one) would you rather have 1 Deandre Hopkins or 3 Rondale Moore's?
a couple thoughts here:

the macro is that if you believe the drafting by the Cards will never get any better: no draft strategy matters.

Hopkins was a mid first round pick and the 2nd or 3rd WR taken (IIRC) -- so you can find all pro level players after a trade down (that obvs pre-draft werent considered to be at that level).

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rob Rang on G/C prospects

I could see MO playing it safe and grabbing the top two guys off that list after trading back in the 1st round.

Skoronski in the middle of the 1st round and Schmitz with the early 2nd. Two instant interior starters on the OL. It leans towards safer picks in the early rounds that fills a pair of needs.

Then draft defense with the extra pick in the 2nd that they pick up from moving back and with their two pick in the 3rd.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I could see MO playing it safe and grabbing the top two guys off that list after trading back in the 1st round.

Skoronski in the middle of the 1st round and Schmitz with the early 2nd. Two instant interior starters on the OL. It leans towards safer picks in the early rounds that fills a pair of needs.

Then draft defense with the extra pick in the 2nd that they pick up from moving back and with their two pick in the 3rd.
That wouldn't be terrible, getting those two, although I would be disappointed at not getting Anderson. I would want significant--not "oh, here's a 3rd rounder and some change" draft compensation to do it, though.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I would actually be okay with that. Not sexy, but actually building an oline sits well with me. If it’s just one of those guys it doesn’t feel as substantial an effort.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

A reminder that EDGE, CB, and TE are deep in this class. Some folks like the OL better than I do but I wont' be shocked by an early run.