Center of Attention

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I know everyone is complaining about age. However, the Raiders have decided to release Rodney Hudson who is still playing at a high level despite being 31. As linemen can often play to an advanced age I would expect the Cards to pursue him.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I know everyone is complaining about age. However, the Raiders have decided to release Rodney Hudson who is still playing at a high level despite being 31. As linemen can often play to an advanced age I would expect the Cards to pursue him.
not sure if you were following the other threads but I think signing Hudson is the only thing every person on this board has completely agreed to.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Keim has to do everything he can to sign him
Can be our center for at least 3 years
Then if we get a talented first rounder, like Slater, we can solve the interior line problems

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
We've been begging the Cards to go after him for 90 minutes now in the free agency threads.
You mean the one with 820 post, about 80% of which seem wishful thinking or bickering. It’s certainly okay to have a thread like that but I think we need more.

I prefer single threads on key free agents when they would fundamentally alter the quality of the team. There are only a few of these players and I think they deserve special attention. BTW I don’t think I presented it as breaking news.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just in case we don’t land Hudson, anyone have a strong opinion on Reiter or D Andrews?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean the one with 820 post, about 80% of which seem wishful thinking or bickering. It’s certainly okay to have a thread like that but I think we need more.

I prefer single threads on key free agents when they would fundamentally alter the quality of the team. There are only a few of these players and I think they deserve special attention. BTW I don’t think I presented it as breaking news.

This is a top notch response

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
My only complaint with this thread is that Hudson is not in the title Harry haha. Hey, I wanted to single him out in his own thread too because he would be the biggest acquisition of our free agency. My god Keim, he is there and do what you have to to secure him for our young QB and the fate of this whole offense. I swear if you are holding to pay Larry another double digit sum or Peterson, you have gone full ______ as they say in the movie "Tropic Thunder" :)

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I don't think it is hyperbole to say that this makes or breaks the season. No one can predict injuries and who else will be cut, but this acquisition is essential to solidifying the center of the offensive line IMO.

The other three franchises in the NFC West are coach-driven. The Cardinals transitioned to a GM-driven franchise with lots of owner input after Arians left. This is Steve Keim's make or break offseason IMO. He got off to a fantastic start with the J.J. Watt signing and stumbled by missing out on Corey Linsley. Now he's got a second swing at the apple and I don't care if it costs $12-3 million and whether it is 3, 4 or 5 years long; the Cardinals have to get this done.

Steve has done a lot of good things in the last couple of years and in my eyes the verdict is still out on last year's draft depending on how Josh Jones and the two D-linemen perform going forward. The DeAndre Hopkins trade was a home run. The assistant coaches assembled for Kliff have been very good IMO.

Now give Sean Kugler the missing piece in Hudson, bring back PP21 and/or Reddick, and acquire a couple of cornerbacks and let's be competitive in 2021 and make the playoffs.

The NFC West is a murderer's row of exceptional coaches with very good rosters. Give Kliff a chance to be competitive by upgrading the Cardinals O-line.

Go Cardinals!!!

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been working in Colorado the last several weeks. Listening to the local sports guys and they all fear that Rodney goes to the Chiefs.

He was drafted by the Chiefs and played 4 years with them before signing with Oakland. Everyone here thinks he goes back the team that drafted him and goes for a ring.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I've been working in Colorado the last several weeks. Listening to the local sports guys and they all fear that Rodney goes to the Chiefs.

He was drafted by the Chiefs and played 4 years with them before signing with Oakland. Everyone here thinks he goes back the team that drafted him and goes for a ring.
How are you liking the snow?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How are you liking the snow?

Had to fly back in on Monday and ended up being stuck in PHX for a 3 hour delay as they waited for DEN to open up. Made for a LONG day of travel. Pretty impressed with how well they cleaned the roads in Denver. I had no problems driving down to Colorado Springs.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I agree it is the most important thing we could do for Kyler....give him an O-Line that is not allowing instant/constant pressure.

One of the reasons Kyler struggles throwing over the middle is he is often pressured up the middle. It doesn't let him step into the throws. If we get him Rodney Hudson and an upgrade at RG...I think it will take a few game...but I think we will see Kyler really take a step forward literally. Once he feels like he is able to sit in the pocket and wait for a play to develop, he will become a lot more dangerous.

Get me Hudson, and at least let Josh Jones and Murray battle it out with Beachem.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Supposedly we are in the running. Unfortunately so is the Chiefs who drafted him and released their starting center.

where would you sign if you were Hudson? A team at the top of the mountain or a team trying to get there?

We will have to overpay to get him to come here. Get ready for a big letdown.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Supposedly we are in the running. Unfortunately so is the Chiefs who drafted him and released their starting center.

where would you sign if you were Hudson? A team at the top of the mountain or a team trying to get there?

We will have to overpay to get him to come here. Get ready for a big letdown.
That would make Gruden look like absolute fool if he ends up back in same division

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Hudson hasnt been released yet

he is scheduled to make $9.6mm this year, $10.5 mm next year - a reasonable contract given the Linsley deal.

Why wouldnt you trade for him?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson