CD Release Dates

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Griffin said:
here are some upcoming release dates:

queens of the stone age - lullabies to paralyze (03/22)
nick cave & the bad seeds - bsides & rarities (03/22)
strapping young lad - alien (03/22)
porcupine tree - deadwing (04/19)
nine inch nails - with teeth (05/03)
system of a down - mezmerize (05/17)
dream theater - octavarium (06/07)

also, a new audioslave CD in may, a new foo fighters CD in june

i have a page with more upcoming CD's, mostly prog/rock/metal stuff here: http://neverdream.y11.net

I like your style, Griffin. I'm interested in the new DT, I'm wondering what style this album is gonna be in. They went with really long and heavy songs on the last one, I'm hoping for some shorter songs with more melody on this one. Well, shorter than 13 min a piece!

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Regarding Dream Theater, with only eight songs on the album, i'm guessing a few of them will be long. From the very little that the band have said so far, it's going to be a little bit of everything. Personally, I like the kind of songs on Awake, where you have heavy/fast and slow/melodic passages within the same song. But i don't expect them to ever repeat themselves, so i really don't expect the cd to sound too close to anything they've done before.

The other cd i'm really looking forward to is Porcupine Tree's Deadwing. Any PT fans here?

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that link.... Would you object if I made it a "sticky" for on top of this forum since it is an extremely valuable resource? What motivated you to maintain such a site (compile all of that)? I echo what Vince said about you having great taste in music....

Anyways....I'm intrigued about Fantomas (intrigued on what direction they'll take on this new album), Nine Inch Nails (even the brief sampling on their website "spikes" my interest since Reznor is always ahead of the pack), and Jerry Cantrell (wondering if it will be a "quasi" AIC reunion or if Mike Bordin, Chris DeGarmo (probably not enough time because of his commitments w/Queensryche), and Robert Trujillo will join forces with him again).... True, I know Trujillo is now in Metallica, but I dont believe they will conflict with anything... Just Cantrell's vocals seemed to have been more dynamic on his past album compared to what it was like on "Boggy Depot"... He probably sounded the best that he has since "Dirt".....

Last edited:

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If anyone wants a link so you could sample these following new albums (before you purchase them, if you already havent) in its entirety, please let me know and I'll IM it to you...

Would post the link, however, theyre against "Hot-Linking" and dont want to violate that...

1) "With Teeth" Nine Inch Nails
2) "Make Believe" Weezer
3) "Bleed Like Me" Garbage
4) "Hotel" Moby
5) "Joe Perry" Joe Perry (yeah...from Aerosmith)
6) "Stabbing The Drama" Soliwork
7) "Frances The Mute" The Mars Volta
8) "The Beekeeper" Tori Amos
9) "Waiting for the Sirens' Call" New Order
10)"Stand Up" Dave Matthews Band

There are several newer c.d.s in full length on there, but listed the ones I thought would be of more of an interest to everyone, so please feel free to ask me to IM you any of the links of your own choosing.......

Edit: That site also updates their site on nearly a daily basis, so will keep you posted of any more c.d.s that are added on to their already extensive collection (again just for sampling purposes)....

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
KLL said:
Thanks for posting that link.... Would you object if I made it a "sticky" for on top of this forum since it is an extremely valuable resource? What motivated you to maintain such a site (compile all of that)? I echo what Vince said about you having great taste in music....

Sorry, kinda forgot about this thread and forum during the Suns playoff run.

I have updated the top post with some new upcoming cd's. The page I maintain is updated on regular basis. Feel free to sticky the thread if you still want to. As far as motivation goes, I have been collecting cd's for many years now, so I would always keep track of upcoming release dates of my favorite bands. I put the page online thinking maybe someone else would find it useful. As soon as I put it online, I started keeping track of bands I don't even listen to (or not yet) so the list kept growing.

I have planned on redesigning the whole thing in jsp to enable searching and filtering. If I get bored enough this summer, I might still do that.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the new Anthony Hamilton release, SoulLife, at the end of the month, June 28th.

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Anyone

picked any of these up yet?
I got the Stones, Clapton, Spoon. They're all good.
What about DP. I liked Bananas!
And Joe Perry. Worth a listen?

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
jstadvl said:
heard the new Stephen Stills or Neil Young LP's?

There are new ones?

I was looking forward to the new Nickle Back album until they played Photograph to death over the last month. Now I'm kinda hesitant.

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Yea

Young's is supposed to kind of complete the triology of Harvest, Harvest Moon and the new one. I liked the other two but didn't want to kick out the cash without a review or listen.
Stills, I've heard some blurbs and though his voice isn't as strong as it once was, he still sounds good. It's probably his best work since mananas. But I've only heard pieces. I'd like a review on him also.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Wow, How do you hear this stuff? Is it on the radio, internet or what? It's not on KUPD I can gaurantee that. :D

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The Stephen

Stills album is a woderful piece with guest appearances by so many great musicians. Good to hae him back. The love somgs, political nd social songs, with Latino, Island, rock blues and jazz infleneces. This is a must have.
Funny how Crosby and Nash put out theirs-2disc very good album.
Young puts out his and if it;s the third of the "Harvest" trilogy and cna hold it's own what an album it'll be.
Stills then puts his out with help from the other three. Do I sense a C,S,N,Y
reunion? Loord I hope so.

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
updated the first post... what major upcoming rock cd's am i missing from the list?

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Why only rock?
As far as the web page I maintain, I mainly focus on rock music since that's what i mostly listen to and it (somewhat) limits the number of artists to keep track of. As far as this thread, of course anyone is free to post release dates from any genres. The more people do, the more comprehensive of a list we can maintain.

(On a side note, if I ever get enough time, I will create a new website where everyone can add and/or edit content.)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Griffin said:
As far as the web page I maintain, I mainly focus on rock music since that's what i mostly listen to and it (somewhat) limits the number of artists to keep track of. As far as this thread, of course anyone is free to post release dates from any genres. The more people do, the more comprehensive of a list we can maintain.

(On a side note, if I ever get enough time, I will create a new website where everyone can add and/or edit content.)

Ok, understood. Just curious.

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Griffin said:
updated May 2nd

Tool - 10,000 Days (05/02)
Pearl Jam - Pearl Jam (05/02)

Thursday - A City By the Light Divided (05/02)
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium (05/09)
Def Leppard - Yeah! (05/23)

Live - Songs From Black Mountain (06/13)
Velvet Revolver - Libertad (06/20)
Muse (07/03)
Soul Asylum - The Silver Lining (07/11)
Evanescence - Open Door (10/03)

complete list: http://neverdream.y11.net

I appreciate you updating this on a regular basis.... Those bolded 6 are the ones I'm looking forward to.... Especially Tool.... Im psyched...

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
KLL said:
I appreciate you updating this on a regular basis.... Those bolded 6 are the ones I'm looking forward to.... Especially Tool.... Im psyched...
I'm really looking forward to the Muse album. So far everything they've done is amazing. Just got the Tool cd the other day and the RHCP and Pearl Jam cd's are in the mail. Busy month.

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
updated March 25th

Chevelle - Vena Sera (04/03)
Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero (04/17)
Avril Lavigne - The Best Damn Thing (04/17)
Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet (04/24)
Marillion - Somewhere Else (04/24)
Threshold - Dead Reckoning (04/24)
Rush - Snakes & Arrows (05/01)
Tori Amos - American Doll Posse (05/01)
Travis - The Boy With No Name (05/08)
Scorpions - Humanity Hour 1 (05/14)
Megadeth - United Abominations (05/15)
Velvet Revolver - Libertad (05/15)
Linkin Park - Minutes to Midnight (05/15)
Maroon 5 - It Won't Be Soon Before Long (05/22)
Jeff Buckley - So Real: Songs From Jeff Buckley (05/22)
Marilyn Manson - Eat Me, Drink Me (May)
Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos (06/05)

Chris Cornell - Carry On (06/05)
Bon Jovi - Lost Highway (06/19)
Queens of the Stone Age - Era Vulgaris (June)
Ozzy Osbourne (June)
The Smashing Pumpkins - Zeitgeist (07/07)
Aerosmith (spring/summer)
Def Leppard - Sparkle Lounge (summer/fall)
Radiohead (fall)
Metallica (fall)

complete list

Thanks for keeping this thread updated.... The bolded ones are the released Im more intrigued about....

Radiohead was supposed to release this album 2-yrs ago, but I guess they havent perfected it to their fullest satisfaction.... When a band like that is trying to achieve the optimal level, you know it will be a masterpiece... Ever since it was rumored that Radiohead was in the studio recording this album that I deemed it as an album that might revolutionalize music and I still havent allow that anticipation to wane.... I just cant see them disappointing anyone at this time....

Very gratified to see Megadeth back in action..... Will be interesting to see what direction Marilyn Manson takes.... he's been gone from the music scene for awhile.... Wondering if he will continue from where he left off..or will he reinvent himself......

Jeff Buckley...forever will be one of those great music tragedies.....

Chris Cornell has a few tracks on his myspace page and they sound quite well..... I just would love... well.. for Soundgarden to reunite, but I dont know what sound they would capture now.. been so long....

Velvet Revolver... I must admit that I still dont particularly like them, but at least Scot Weiland has remained sober for the most part... but... lord.. imagine if STP reunited? Again... the same question would apply w/them as it did w/Soundgarden.... what kind of sound would they generate together? Would they revert back to their former style or create something different? I hope we find out in both instances...

AnotherHOMER

Reaction score
JizzHornay "Still Under the Influence" -August 1st

Only $5..

You must be registered for see images attach

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads