CD rates am I right here?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Joined
Jan 2, 2003
Posts
89,467
Reaction score
63,075
Hopefully those bonds work. I was lucky on the docs. Just did the form, SS card, and my license. I still had my previous license with that house's address on it so I used it over my current one.
Did you get any notice they processed your stuff and agreed to send the money before the money showed up?
 

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Moderator
Joined
Jan 5, 2019
Posts
6,474
Reaction score
9,120
Location
Scottsdale
Did you get any notice they processed your stuff and agreed to send the money before the money showed up?
Unfortunately, no. It was pretty much a black box. When I submitted I got a canned response about the normal time frames and that someone would be in contact if they needed additional info. I didn't hear another word after that.

I calculated out when they had to resolve my case by and waited for it. It was a couple days after that date that I found the check in my mail My plan had been to give them a week or so after the due date for processing lag and if I hadn't heard anything by then then I was going to contact them.
 

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Joined
Jan 2, 2003
Posts
89,467
Reaction score
63,075
Unfortunately, no. It was pretty much a black box. When I submitted I got a canned response about the normal time frames and that someone would be in contact if they needed additional info. I didn't hear another word after that.

I calculated out when they had to resolve my case by and waited for it. It was a couple days after that date that I found the check in my mail My plan had been to give them a week or so after the due date for processing lag and if I hadn't heard anything by then then I was going to contact them.
Yeesh. Thanks for the info.
 
OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Joined
May 14, 2002
Posts
85,113
Reaction score
34,261
I don’t really understand the whole CD appeal with what the rates are currently…. I’m using Marcus. They are paying 4.5% with no length of deposit obligations or penalties for withdrawing in their high yield online savings account. Then I’ve referred 5 people in The last year each referral giving me a 1% bump for 3 months for a total of 15 months at 5.5% or more if it goes up or down if it drops a little. But my money isn’t stuck there with possible penalty if by some chance I need it.

That's the thing, if you know for sure you don't need it, CD's pay higher rates. If you don't know, high yield savings. CD the rate is fixed for a fixed time frame, savings isn't. That's what made my Wells Fargo savings such a good deal as long as I keep the balance above 10K, I get 4.6 for a year.

BTW they have a new round of the same offering we were in there on Sat and they're advertising it again, 4.6 for a year
 

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2003
Posts
113,866
Reaction score
53,538
Anyone do business with PNC Bank? I'm looking for another bank to open an account.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
542,225
Posts
5,307,177
Members
6,290
Latest member
stbmd
Top