CB Robert Alford

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
out an extended period of time with unspecified leg injury. Per KK after game. :bang::bang::bang:

Well I guess it doesn’t matter if you can’t stop the run lol

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fun fact: Suggs & Brock gonna be the only starters over the age of 30.

OP
OP
Buckybird

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Alford didn’t even suit up tonight so this injury probably happened in practice.
Yep. Maybe even off the field considering in the pregame the radio kept talking about how excited they were to see him go. Hmmm

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So the 31-year-old who was injured most of last year and cut during the offseason before Keim guaranteed him $9 mm is going to be on the shelf for awhile? Who could have guessed?

With Philon already off the roster, it's shaping up to be another banner year of free agency for Keim. The hits keep coming!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unlucky. Sad news for him, his family and the team. I still really like the signing and look forward to his return.

Is it really "unlucky" that a guy who's getting on in age and was coming off an injury-marred season... is injured again?

When Humphries and Gilbert eventually go down, is that going to be unlucky too... you know... like Pugh already being injured?

NittanyCard

Veteran
Reaction score
So the 31-year-old who was injured most of last year and cut during the offseason before Keim guaranteed him $9 mm is going to be on the shelf for awhile? Who could have guessed?

With Philon already off the roster, it's shaping up to be another banner year of free agency for Keim. The hits keep coming!
He broke his leg.

Last year it was a bad ankle sprain they have nothing in common

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is it really "unlucky" that a guy who's getting on in age and was coming off an injury-marred season... is injured again?

When Humphries and Gilbert eventually go down, is that going to be unlucky too... you know... like Pugh already being injured?
I normally consider broken bones as unlucky. Pugh is the O-line verson of Kevin Kolb or Matt Leinart. Humphrey’s is on the same path. I don’t know enough about Gilbert to comment.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He broke his leg.

Last year it was a bad ankle sprain they have nothing in common

They may not be directly related, but most cornerbacks break down in their 30s. That's why CBs in their 30s don't often get new contracts for $22.5 mm/3 yrs with $9 mm guaranteed. Especially ones who were injured the entire previous year.

Maybe Keim wouldn't have been so desperate for a cornerback if he had drafted more than 3 in the last 7 years. Or if he hadn't screwed up 2 of those 3 picks, with one not even making the final 53 (Chris Campbell), and another one being Brandon Williams. That is six years Keim went without drafting a playable CB before drafting Murphy this year.

So, yeah, the broken leg isn't anyone's fault, but the impact of the injury were far from unavoidable. Both financially and on the field.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ok moving on, who do we sign or trade for? Wasn't completely sold on Alford anyway so Keim needs to find another starting CB because Brock is more suited as a #3 CB. Maybe bring in a couple because guys at CB in case more drop like flys.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Top two CB's out for at least the first six games and the front seven totally inept against the run. Hello top ten draft pick AGAIN! :help:

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
God already this season is reminds me of wilks....

Hope cards can find another cb via trade or fa but lol i dont know what trad assets the cards have other than picks...

Get well soon alford :(...

Man were going to give up 30ppg with our cbs!

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
out an extended period of time with unspecified leg injury. Per KK after game. :bang::bang::bang:

Well I guess it doesn’t matter if you can’t stop the run lol

That last sentence is the key. If the Cardinals can't stop the run then there is no need for teams to pass. This defense is going to get carved up like a Thanksgiving turkey.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose