Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Final:

Cavaliers 112 - Suns 98

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Unless Jones is under restrictions we know nothing about.

I'm definitely not pleased with what the Suns have done with the draft, recent trades, free agency and player development.

I can tell he damn sure wasn’t under restrictions during the offseason. Everybody on earth knew this team had issues after that Mavs series

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Time to stick a fork in this season.

If you factor in health, Ayton has been the Suns' best player. New leadership has to sit down with him and say, "Look, we were wrong to play games with you, you and Booker are our core guys." And then go from there.

CP37 has to go. Only half of his contract is guaranteed for next season, by which time he'll be CP38, so buy him out and move on. Lowball Johnson and dare another team to roll the dice on him, which they won't.

Package Bridges and filler for Ben Simmons, and make him the PG of the future. He might be the only player in the league who's more skittish offensively than Bridges is, but at least he's still a plus defender, and they're the same age. Draft a combo forward with range to pair with Johnson, assuming he sticks around.

The bench guys are mainly fine. No need to make major changes there. The goal is to get back to being a good team before Booker loses patience again. Booker/Ayton/Simmons/Johnson should be a good enough core for a low playoff seed, and then maybe you can land a marquee FA in 2024 (Siakam).

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Listening to the end of the game I'm hearing from Suns announcers that Phoenix is interested in bigger trades and think 10 day contracts don't bring much to the team.

How about this... show the fans someone cares about what is happening with the team.

I'm tired of the same old cliches and the Suns running in stealth mode.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Listening to the end of the game I'm hearing from Suns announcers that Phoenix is interested in bigger trades and think 10 day contracts don't bring much to the team.

How about this... show the fans someone cares about what is happening with the team.

I'm tired of the same old cliches and the Suns running in stealth mode.

HA

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Need to do something not fielding much of a team at this point… JJ just looking more and more inept by doing nothing worth noting even after the way the season ended last year…

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Yeah, it all depends on the ownership. They could go Sarver mode, or Colangello mode. I think the tone of the new ownership is the biggest thing. It will set the tone for everything.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose