Cavaliers @ Suns Saturday game thread 10-30-2021

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As a whole game this was ugly again. Poor in first half until end of second quarter. Came out flaming in third bit let them close quarter strong. And then let them cut it almost all the way done without even their starters.
Yeah, I don't think they win that game if Cleveland wasn't on a back to back.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think they win that game if Cleveland wasn't on a back to back.

Cleveland was also sitting starters apparently to send a message about effort.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This may be where Ayton got hurt. I didn't see much.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton was great through the first three quarters

17/12/3 Steals on 8/10 shooting

Jarret Allen on his level? Come on man. That big Cavs lineup got worked by him

Got the win but let a 24 point lead fall to 5 it’s now the 4th game we’ve blown a big lead. This team needs to stay aggressive and stop being so damn lazy when they get up. They get up and start settling for jump shots and slacking on defense.

If Shamet isn’t hitting his shot he’s flat out worthless.

Stix got some good hustle plays and then looked horrible for an offensive stretch

McGee continues to look good

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The team has spurts of looking like last years team then it completely dries up. Seems like the team is struggling with chemistry at times which will work itself out. I am encourage by the flashes but that 4th was brutal to watch.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty with update on Ayton. He thinks he will be okay.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty thought Jalen Smith's energy was good. I like him better than Nader at this point.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Monty thought Jalen Smith's energy was good. I like him better than Nader at this point.

100%. I don’t know what Monte sees in a Nader.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I just don’t get why book isn’t a good three point shooter. His game would launch a level if he could hit more consistently.
He has to lead the league in foot on the line 2 point shots lol. He’s got a really good looking shot. I think he needs to get more arc on his 3’s. That’s something Donovan Mitchell talked about in his 3 ball evolution. That game 6 against LA, when he went 8/10 from 3, every shot was pure and the arc was flawless. He also won a 3 point contest.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jalen Smith played 9 minutes, time for Paul and Booker to demand a trade. I'm shocked they didn't do it in the post game press conference.

Don't say you weren't warned!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ayton was great through the first three quarters

17/12/3 Steals on 8/10 shooting

Jarret Allen on his level? Come on man. That big Cavs lineup got worked by him

Got the win but let a 24 point lead fall to 5 it’s now the 4th game we’ve blown a big lead. This team needs to stay aggressive and stop being so damn lazy when they get up. They get up and start settling for jump shots and slacking on defense.

If Shamet isn’t hitting his shot he’s flat out worthless.

Stix got some good hustle plays and then looked horrible for an offensive stretch

McGee continues to look good
Was nice to see Ayton actually physically exert himself against the smaller rookie.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lets get back to above .500 suns good w tonight to begin climb

Great to see book ayton do well

Still uncertain on max for ayton however

Green hit w :) hope many more to come!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
They start three 7 footers and it was Allen who was pretty much on him but it didn’t matter who was on him he was eating tonight till he got hurt

Jarrett Allen, Lauri and Mobley
Was just commenting that against the thin Mobley he actually used physicality in the post to gain separation. It worked (as we all knew it would for three years now). I hope he took notes as to what he’s capable of and uses it more often.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like Ayton actually was injured when he banged knees.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't hold out much hope for Jalen Smith developing into an NBA player last season and even after summer league when he lead the league in rebounding. However, that has changed for me.

I'm now seeing a player that will develop if given playing time. If his competition is Nader, let's give him those minutes. I still see Smith as mostly a center and cringe when he takes those corner threes even though I know he will eventually make them. He is better shooting them from up top or better yet, playing inside.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn't hold out much hope for Jalen Smith developing into an NBA player last season and even after summer league when he lead the league in rebounding. However, that has changed for me.

I'm now seeing a player that will develop if given playing time. If his competition is Nader, let's give him those minutes. I still see Smith as mostly a center and cringe when he takes those corner threes even though I know he will eventually make them. He is better shooting them from up top or better yet, playing inside.

I agree. He plays hard and that alone will make him a quality player. I’m done with Nader he pretty much brings nothing to the table

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Outside of one particularly bone headed play, Smith was solid during his playing time.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like how Monty used Jalen instead of Nader. That should be the plan against larger teams for sure and if Stix is playing well then keep using him in that role when we play smaller teams also. He won't get better if he doesn't see the floor and that is a low pressure situation where he can't really hurt us either.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose