Cats have the 5th best recruiting class

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't wait to watch Jennings play, even if it will only be for one year. If Bayless comes back next year, he will be switched to shooting guard and the Cats will have one of the most explosive backcourts in the country. Also, Withey could start right now on this team.
http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/stories/111407aax.html

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Withey has a chance to be really good but I'm not sure he's going to be ready to start as a freshman unless it's totally necessary. His offense is still very much in its infancy but he can block shots and rebound which they will need.

I was kind of hoping UCLA would get involved with him after he changed his mind on Louisville but as soon as I heard his trainer was Trent Suzuki that kind of made it obvious he was going to UA. He's really improved the first time I saw him play he was just absolutely overwhelmed, he's gotten a lot better he's light years better than Jacobson already.

I really hope Bayless does come back that would be a fun backcourt to watch.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really hope Bayless does come back that would be a fun backcourt to watch.

From what I hear, Bayless will be around more than one year.. The reasoning is because his father is a doctor and there is really no financial need to get to the NBA so quickly..

This is what I heard..

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I hear, Bayless will be around more than one year.. The reasoning is because his father is a doctor and there is really no financial need to get to the NBA so quickly..

This is what I heard..

The argument against it is Jennings will be the PG so coming back pushes him off PG where he thinks he'll play in the NBA. But I don't think he's playing exclusively PG this year anyways.

Jennings is terrific, he does tend to turn it off and on at times but when he wants to play he's as good as it gets for a HS pg.