Carson Palmer question....

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
How many years do you think he has left? I know injuries come into play.....but if he doesn't get hurt again...what ya thinkin? lm sure he believes he can play forever....but lets be real. A trade for Rivers?.....2 years younger.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
2 or 3 if we keep a good oline and a solid running game

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many years do you think he has left? I know injuries come into play.....but if he doesn't get hurt again...what ya thinkin? lm sure he believes he can play forever....but lets be real. A trade for Rivers?.....2 years younger.

He will play another 2-3 years and be done. No way would we trade him.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Let's just hope he can make it trough a whole season at this point.

Don't worry about that......

attachment.php

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Palmer's last 15 game starts , our Cardinal's are 13 -- and -- 2 --------- 6 -- and -- 0 -- last season , it's hard to see how Rivers would be an upgrade . I see a short Window for a championship run . The seasons are starting to pile up on Fitz , and Palmer , Arians is 62 , and doesn't keep himself in the physical condition Carroll and Coughlin do . If we don't get it done in 15 ------- 16 , we are likely looking at rebuild , I SOOOOO want to see Larry , Carson , and BA check out of their careers with a Championship .

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
If Palmer can stay healthy why can he play 5 more years? Am I missing something?

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If Rivers leaves San Diego he wants to be closer to home and has his eyes on Tennessee. That is why is said he would not move with the team to L.A.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I wouldn't want rivers. When the time comes, there will have to be a better option out there.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If Palmer can stay healthy why can he play 5 more years? Am I missing something?

At first glance that sounds nuts but Palmer is a stationary (his knees just have to hold up in the pocket, because scrambling is not his meal ticket) QB and so far has lost no arm strength and he has a strong arm to begin with. He could lose some strength and still have a NFL caliber arm. My main concern is not his arm strength lessening or his ACL recovery... it is the nerve problem which he had overcome

OP
OP
gamebird98

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He will play another 2-3 years and be done. No way would we trade him.[/QUOTE]

wasn't saying trade him...was saying if he didn't have much time left....do we consider a trade for someone like Rivers to replace him..

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IMHO Palmer does not get enough credit from most of us for not only his play but his leadership as well. That first year he didn't let all the picks early in the season get to him and he never threw any of the WR's under the bus when they ran the wrong routes.

He took John Brown to his house before training camp to mentor him.

I think a fire burns deep and hot inside of him and I'm thrilled he is our QB.

I like Rivers and wouldn't be upset if he was our QB but as things stand now it doesn't make sense to give up draft capital to acquire him, we have our QB already. Our next QB should be the one we have drafted.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
IMHO Palmer does not get enough credit from most of us for not only his play but his leadership as well. That first year he didn't let all the picks early in the season get to him and he never threw any of the WR's under the bus when they ran the wrong routes.

I like Rivers and wouldn't be upset if he was our QB but as things stand now it doesn't make sense to give up draft capital to acquire him, we have our QB already. Our next QB should be the one we have drafted.

This

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

Which is why I think CP can perform very well for close to 5 more years, barring injury.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Could feed speculation that they take Brett Hundley in Round 1 and groom him to replace Palmer in a couple of years. Bruce Cooper's Cardinal mock has ARZ taking Hundley at #24. Hundley or a TE would be the only picks I would hate for ARZ at #24.

Balboa

Reaction score
At first glance that sounds nuts but Palmer is a stationary (his knees just have to hold up in the pocket, because scrambling is not his meal ticket) QB and so far has lost no arm strength and he has a strong arm to begin with. He could lose some strength and still have a NFL caliber arm. My main concern is not his arm strength lessening or his ACL recovery... it is the nerve problem which he had overcome

The nerve damage killed his arm. Last I heard he wasn't 100% yet from the nerve damage. I hope and think he has 3 good years in him. But I would not site his arm strength as my reason. Just one more thing a normal hit might have him sitting out again.

Last edited:

New Username

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

He's planning on playing 3 more years and feels real good about his condition and opportunity here in AZ.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
rivers is a warrior,can play with acl injury,one of the most accurate ever,its unfair competition,rivers is way better

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Could feed speculation that they take Brett Hundley in Round 1 and groom him to replace Palmer in a couple of years. Bruce Cooper's Cardinal mock has ARZ taking Hundley at #24. Hundley or a TE would be the only picks I would hate for ARZ at #24.
I would hate it also. I can't see any way they would take Hundley at 24. He's a fringe 2nd round prospect and Arians has said, outside of Winston and Mariota, that there weren't really any QB's that were anything special.

Maybe Hundley in round 3, at the earliest.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose