Carolina Panthers @ Arizona Cardinals Pregame thread. 09/16/19-09/21/19

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Carson Palmer's brother Jordan talks about Kyle Allen.

“I do know Kyle. I’ve been paying attention since high school, and I’ve had a lot of conviction on him for a long time. So I’m not surprised at all he’s in this position, and I’m not going to be surprised at all when he plays really, really well and this offense really starts clicking.”

That’s a bold prediction, as Allen completed only 52.9% of his passes and had no touchdown passes in four preseason games.

Palmer has worked with Allen since he was at Desert Mountain High in Scottsdale. He has seen enough to believe that when surrounded by the first-team line and do-it-all running back Christian McCaffrey -- neither was at his disposal most of the preseason -- the offense will be as explosive as Allen promised it would be coming out of training camp.

“He’s going to go through his progressions, and he’s going to throw and anticipate your timing; and the moment is not going to be too big for him, and he’s going to play really composed, good, execution football,” said Palmer, the younger brother of former three-time Pro Bowl quarterback Carson Palmer.

“He got benched for two different schools for players who at the time weren’t as good as him, in my opinion,” Palmer said. “Two completely different situations he got the short end of the stick, and he always handled himself the right way; he always took ownership and took on blame.”

“I always felt Kyle Allen would be a first- or second-round pick coming out of college if he had a good college career,” Palmer said. “Unfortunately, he got the short end of the stick twice.

“But he never wavered, and it was always a matter of time before he got a chance.”

espn.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/32586/dont-overlook-kyle-allen-against-former-nemesis-kyler-murray

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
????

Really?

Carolina has a better defense, better run game, a great TE, and the secret weapon...a backup QB (Cardinal killer).

I see it as an upset if we win.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy
they have looked awful. And we are at home. based on this line. they would be 8.5 ppint faborites at home using the 3 points for homefield. No way they are that. Cards at home where they could be 2-0 this season. Carolina of course can win. But shouldnt be favored

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
????

Really?

Carolina has a better defense, better run game, a great TE, and the secret weapon...a backup QB (Cardinal killer).

I see it as an upset if we win.

Absolutely not. Beating an 0-2 team with their backup at home is an upset? Maybe for the Dolphins but that’s about it.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
sounds like Jones rolled an ankle in practice on wednesday. hopefully he's OK

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Watching former Air Raid QB and rookie Gardner Minshew carve up the Titans...

Lets not take Kyle Allen lightly.

Kyler and this offense needs to start throwing more TDs.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Been some cautious optimism around the team based on the first two performances however without a win on the board that will start to ring hollow quickly. Promising signs will only sate the appetite for so long. Has been great to see KM's confidence grow. A win under the belt too will do wonders for his self belief.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Going to this game with my Dad! We need to purchase an Orange Lot pass if anyone has a spare please PM me.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

Darren Urban
@Cardschatter

·
1m

Larry Fitzgerald, off to one of the best two-game starts to his career (13 catches, 217 yards), was asked if he was finding himself more open this year in the Kliff Kingsbury offense.

“Not necessarily. I’ve been getting open all this time.”
Sounds like he finally has a QB that is consistently looking his way and getting it to him accurately when he does.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
THIRD-DOWN STRUGGLES

If the Panthers want to succeed on offense it will need to start with moving the chains and sustaining drives. Carolina is converting a paltry 32 percent of its third downs (8 of 25) and is 0 for 3 on fourth-down conversions. A big part of that is the Panthers haven't utilized multidimensional Newton as a runner as they have in the past due to shoulder and foot issues. In fact, Newton has five carries for minus-2 yards with two fumbles. With Allen expected to start at QB, it could add another dimension to the offense.
https://sports.yahoo.com/no-matter-murrays-qb-foe-cards-vs-panthers-213734301--nfl.html

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
A bit concerned Jordan Hicks is limited.

Do not need an injury prone QB living up to his name. Especially with the RB and TE on tap for Sunday.

The hype and confidence that I am hearing from the football-sphere that encompasses Cardinals football, is a little alarming.

Win a game first before we start talking about teams we are going to beat.

1st one is the hardest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave