Carol

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Carol

Release Date: November 20, 2015 (limited)
Studio: The Weinstein Company
Director: Todd Haynes
MPAA Rating: N/A
Screenwriter: Phylis Nagy
Genre: Drama

Starring: Cate Blanchett, Rooney Mara, Sarah Paulson, Kyle Chandler, Jake Lacy, Cory Michael Smith

Plot Summary: In an adaptation of Patricia Highsmith’s seminal novel "The Price of Salt," "Carol" follows two women from very different backgrounds who find themselves in an unexpected love affair in 1950s New York. As conventional norms of the time challenge their undeniable attraction, an honest story emerges to reveal the resilience of the heart in the face of change. A young woman in her 20s, Therese Belivet (Rooney Mara), is a clerk working in a Manhattan department store and dreaming of a more fulfilling life when she meets Carol (Cate Blanchett), an alluring woman trapped in a loveless, convenient marriage. As an immediate connection sparks between them, the innocence of their first encounter dims and their connection deepens. While Carol breaks free from the confines of marriage, her husband (Kyle Chandler) begins to question her competence as a mother as her involvement with Therese and close relationship with her best friend Abby (Sarah Paulson) come to light.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
This was a really good film. Fantastic acting by Blanchett and Mara, both nominated for oscars.

Just a well made film overall. Did well at the oscars too.

You must be registered for see images attach

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a chance to watch this today. I saw it was leaving Netflix later this month so I figured I’d give it a go. Overall, I really liked it. Cate did an amazing job.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to see this. One of my cousins owns a vintage car that was used in the film

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave