Carmelo Anthony to the Suns?

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Vince Carter got signed to a contract at the age of 42, before Melo. Of course Carter is fine taking up a role that Melo won’t.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Carmelo was more extreme with his terrible shot selection than Kobe and less efficient, he also was not a passer.

And yeah, I think Kobe, if he wanted to win, would have to play a somewhat different style if he was in the league now, but I also think Kobe, in his prime, had the skills and competitive drive to adapt if that were the case. Carmelo didn't.

They have almost the exact same career shooting efficiency metrics, raw and advanced.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They have almost the exact same career shooting efficiency metrics, raw and advanced.
Shooting metrics do not completely define play style. Kobe was much better at getting to the rim, he also could pass and he wasn't as bad as Carmelo about just standing around dribbling for one possession after another, although he did do it too often, even for his era, but compared to Carmelo Kobe played at a brisk pace.

And again, I think Kobe would have to adjust somewhat if he was in the league today, at least if he wanted to win. But, as much as I dislike Kobe, he was a smart guy and he wanted to win. I think he would still be a great player in today's NBA, but probably a different one than the dude who took boat loads of mid range jumpers.

Carmelo, for years, has needed to adjust his game and he never even tried. He doesn't give a crap about anything other than his touches and getting paid.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

nope

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently Melo tried reaching out to Team USA to get a spot with them this summer but the request was declined. I wonder how much longer he'll try to catch on somewhere before he hangs it up or moves on to a lesser league like China, Europe, or even the Big 3. Trying to secure a spot on the world cup team shows that he lacks some self awareness though. No NBA team wants anything to do with him but he thought he'd made the national team? Come on.

https://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NBA...to-play-in-2019-FIBA-World-Cup/7681565319054/

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Apparently Melo tried reaching out to Team USA to get a spot with them this summer but the request was declined. I wonder how much longer he'll try to catch on somewhere before he hangs it up or moves on to a lesser league like China, Europe, or even the Big 3. Trying to secure a spot on the world cup team shows that he lacks some self awareness though. No NBA team wants anything to do with him but he thought he'd made the national team? Come on.

https://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NBA...to-play-in-2019-FIBA-World-Cup/7681565319054/
He’s deep in denial. Last year, even as the stats said he shouldn’t be on the court at all, he was still publicly saying he wouldn’t accept being a role player.

Even though this is all his doing, I do feel a bit bad for him.

Amare is doing it to himself too. Pretending as though he left the league for a few years and is now ready to come back when in reality no one was willing to sign him.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nba radio today said he was mad when he got 20 and won, and happy when he had 30 and lost.

Said he focused too much on getting 30+ every game, possibly still not able to accept that.