Cards want to trade for JJ Watt?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree to some extent. Lots of mileage on Watt. Really want to keep first two picks next draft. Maybe a 3rd in 2021 and 2022.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
As much as I agree , I want to go for it. If we as a whole don’t think keim can draft but is a wizard at trades then why not take advantage of the latter. In a weird season with a 2-3 year window with an inexpensive QB then let’s go for it.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As much as I agree , I want to go for it. If we as a whole don’t think keim can draft but is a wizard at trades then why not take advantage of the latter. In a weird season with a 2-3 year window with an inexpensive QB then let’s go for it.
The cap doesn’t allow you to fill your team with great players . You need to draft the right guys to keep your payroll in line.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
nope you really just need to hit on a QB and it looks like we did that
Except that QB is going to be very expensive in a couple years. So if we want to compete for SBs we need to draft very well and do a good job of managing how others get paid to maximize talent.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Worth factoring in that JJ has no guaranteed money after this year so it's a relatively easy restructure next year.

On saying that, he's a player you would go for if you think you are contenders rights now and I'm not sure we are there yet. Could be if we keep improving but not right now.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
This is a first. I agree with gambo. It doesn't make sense. The money the compensation, doesn't add up. You're most likely giving up a second round pick for a 9+ game rental. Unless a restructured contract is part of the deal.

AirRaid

Rookie
Reaction score
This would be horrible. We're not a JJ Watt away from contending for a Superbowl. You only make a short-sighted move like this if you're a team like Tampa/Tennessee/New Orleans etc. that need to hit that level of Kansas City/Baltimore and Pittsburgh.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No freaking way. Watt is washed at this point due to multiple back surgeries. This is Emmitt Smith part deux but worse if we have to give up draft picks.

hard pass.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Atlanta is not giving up one of the best DLineman in the game for a 3rd though. That’s not Bill O’Brien on the other side.

I’d give up a late first. No problem.

It’s going to take a 1 to get him and you know what, I think I’d do that. He’s a top 5 DLman on a really good contract and he’s 27

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It’s going to take a 1 to get him and you know what, I think I’d do that. He’s a top 5 DLman on a really good contract and he’s 27

He's not 27, he's 31. That is an 'old' 31 based on those season-ending injuries. DL is banging hard every play and the toll is higher on a player along the line than the same injury hampering someone playing off the line. He is another season-ending injury just waiting to happen.

https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/p... History Date,finger. He ... 6 more rows

"Watt heads into his age-31 season having played just 32 of a possible 64 games over the past 4 years. "

I'd give a low-round pick (2022) and cash coming back from the Texans before adding him to our roster.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's not 27, he's 31. That is an 'old' 31 based on those season-ending injuries. DL is banging hard every play and the toll is higher on a player along the line than the same injury hampering someone playing off the line. He is another season-ending injury just waiting to happen.

https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/jj-watt/4914#:~:text=J.J. Watt Injury History Date,finger. He ... 6 more rows

"Watt heads into his age-31 season having played just 32 of a possible 64 games over the past 4 years. "

I'd give a low-round pick (2022) and cash coming back from the Texans before adding him to our roster.

we’re not talking about Watt.