Cards sign TE Tim Euhus.

Twist18

Registered
Reaction score
Tempe, AZ – The Arizona Cardinals Football Club today announced that the team has signed tight end TIM EUHUS (YOU-us) to a one-year contract. In accordance with club policy, terms were not disclosed.

Euhus (6-5, 249) has appeared in 24 games with eight starts during his NFL career collecting 14 receptions for 115 yards and two touchdowns. He appeared in season opener for the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2006 and was inactive for three other contests before being released on October 12.

Originally selected by the Buffalo Bills in the fourth round (109th overall) of the 2004 NFL Draft out of Oregon State, Euhus spent the first two years of his career with the Bills. In 2004 he started five games and collected 11 receptions for 98 yards and two touchdowns. He was then traded to the New Orleans Saints in June of 2006, but was released on August 28 and signed by the Steelers the following day.

He re-signed with Pittsburgh on February 15, 2007, but was released on May 3.

Euhus will wear jersey #39.

In addition, the Cardinals have released wide receiver Evan Prall.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Actually, the release of Prall was bigger news to me than the addition of Euhus, but thanks for the info. I was really pulling for Prall and thought he had a good shot of atleast making the practice squad.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
How long will it be before more than half the team either played for Minnesota or Pittsburgh? :D

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How long will it be before more than half the team either played for Minnesota or Pittsburgh? :D

Right now, it's getting "guys who know his system". If we lose, it'll be cronyism, just like happened with Denny.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hoois Euhus?
He was a 4th round pick by the Bills a few years ago and comes to us by way of Buffalo, NO and Pittsburgh.

My impression of him (then and now) was that he's a Ken (?) Dilger type - i.e. large, unpresuming guy who can block pretty good and knows how to settle into open holes in zones to make clutch 3rd down grabs. I think it was Jurecki who referred to Euhus as hopefully our "blocking TE", with Pope becoming our "receiving TE."

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was a 4th round pick by the Bills a few years ago and comes to us by way of Buffalo, NO and Pittsburgh.

My impression of him (then and now) was that he's a Ken (?) Dilger type - i.e. large, unpresuming guy who can block pretty good and knows how to settle into open holes in zones to make clutch 3rd down grabs. I think it was Jurecki who referred to Euhus as hopefully our "blocking TE", with Pope becoming our "receiving TE."

I was just joking around with the pronunciation of his name as in " hoo is yoo is ".

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I was just joking around with the pronunciation of his name as in " hoo is yoo is ".

It's easier on a new coaching staff when the players' initials are the same as their positions. ;)

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
It's easier on a new coaching staff when the players' initials are the same as their positions. ;)

In related news, Matt Leinart has legally changed his name to Quentin Bacchus. Edgerrin James is now known as Randolph Bork, and Larry Fitzgerald wishes to be called Woodrow Livingston.

DakotaCardsFan

Making time travel possible
Reaction score
In related news, Matt Leinart has legally changed his name to Quentin Bacchus. Edgerrin James is now known as Randolph Bork, and Larry Fitzgerald wishes to be called Woodrow Livingston.

And Anquan Boldin has changed his position name to: Anquan Boldin.

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
practices

If you bring in guys to fill extra roster spots who already know how drills and practices go, that helps the other players pick up the system faster.

It also gives players like this a chance to catch on somewhere when they might otherwise be done.

Its win-win as long as the final decisions are based on talent and effort

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose