Cards sign OL Hjalte Froholdt

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Don't we have a Cards fan from Denmark?
Me.

Being an ex OL and from Denmark I have followed him and his career.

He was 6th OL on Brown last year. Replaced an injured All-Pro G and played really well. Then replaced the injured starting C and did not so well. If you look at his rating, you'll see that he rates as a solid starter at G, but a below average starting Center.

Young and still developing as he has less experience than a North American player.

Very athletic, excels at pulls and traps and was goalline FB with huge succes.

Solid signing if the intent is to play him at G.

Last edited:

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
This is a curious signing. On one hand he knows Drew Petzing’s system. However, he was a turnstile blocking inside rushers last season. I guess they’re thinking backup, but Murray better wear his track shoes when this guy plays. He’d fit the practice squad at best.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is a curious signing. On one hand he knows Drew Petzing’s system. However, he was a turnstile blocking inside rushers last season. I guess they’re thinking backup, but Murray better wear his track shoes when this guy plays. He’d fit the practice squad at best.

Murray has experience playing with Cody Ford and Billy Price so he'll be fine (if he plays at all next year, which he may not)

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
We have an actual Viking now playing on our OL... does this mean our QB will have a Norse funeral
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But if we don’t Re-sign either of those guys you’ll also be fine with it and it will Actually Be Good.

I'd like to comment, but have no idea what you are talking about.

Ford sucked. Price sucked. I have no idea what Froholdt will be like other than Brown's media thought he did pretty well for them last year and he seems like a decent G/C backup option. Something only Sean Harlow provided before, and this guy is surely better than Harlow.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
He was a turnstile at C - completely different ratings at G than C.

He graded Above average at G

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He was a turnstile at C - completely different ratings at G than C.

He graded Above average at G

It's useful to have a guy that can do both though. Even if they aren't particularly good at one of them.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seems like backup money. Against mostly a 1 year deal with an easy out next year.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Seems like backup money. Against mostly a 1 year deal with an easy out next year.

Everybody they have signed is basically a 1 year deal...just maybe 2 on paper only for cap.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
It's useful to have a guy that can do both though. Even if they aren't particularly good at one of them.
I predict guard will not have a small number of contenders. Good draft for IOLs as well.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Everybody they have signed is basically a 1 year deal...just maybe 2 on paper only for cap.

Yup. 2nd years are more like team options for little dead money.

Looks like the plan so far is to try mainly try improve the depth and bring back the players that offer value.

The one positive is that I think the deals for guys like Hernandez, Beachum, White etc are good value.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I predict guard will not have a small number of contenders. Good draft for IOLs as well.

Yup. But this guy is just an upgrade on Harlow. He's a guy that can play multiple roles. I don't see him starting.