Cards sign Kyzir White

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How does one hover?
There are a number of ways... Here's one that involves a broomstick....
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Or you could learn to "create powerful radiation from the unified field of natural law":

Here are a few more ideas... But unlike the previous ones, these are really just illusions. :lol:

Last edited:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Hmmm. On the ESPN depth chart for the Cardinals, Kyzir White is backing up Simmons at RILB. Vallejo and Ben Niemann or both gone from the depth chart. I guess they were both FAs? Ezekiel Turner is backing up Collins at LILB.

I have to admit I'm pretty happy that White appears to at least be an upgrade vs. Niemann or Vallejo. Holy Moly. I'm sure they both gave it 100%, but I can't believe how many meaningful snaps both of those guys got in 2022.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hmmm. On the ESPN depth chart for the Cardinals, Kyzir White is backing up Simmons at RILB. Vallejo and Ben Niemann or both gone from the depth chart. I guess they were both FAs? Ezekiel Turner is backing up Collins at LILB.

I have to admit I'm pretty happy that White appears to at least be an upgrade vs. Niemann or Vallejo. Holy Moly. I'm sure they both gave it 100%, but I can't believe how many meaningful snaps both of those guys got in 2022.

That's just something ESPN completely made up.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
He's showed out rather well. The problem, of course, is he won't be part of the rebuild unless we can re-sign him long term. Monti has set us up to not be good next year either, so he'll be a FA by the time we're thinking of competing. Grr, argh.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
He's showed out rather well. The problem, of course, is he won't be part of the rebuild unless we can re-sign him long term. Monti has set us up to not be good next year either, so he'll be a FA by the time we're thinking of competing. Grr, argh.

I think its too early to tell at this point.

It also depends on Kyler situation.

Lastly - if he can get a no name defense to over perform their talent level, adding a couple of impact players would make a huge difference. That defense could keep us in games.

Stout

Reaction score
I think its too early to tell at this point.

It also depends on Kyler situation.

Lastly - if he can get a no name defense to over perform their talent level, adding a couple of impact players would make a huge difference. That defense could keep us in games.
The Kyler situation will certainly be key. And yes, good coaching can always elevate a roster. In this case, it's elevating a putrid roster to looking good in losing. Adding a couple impact players can have it be elevated from a bad roster to winning a few. I don't see it putting us in contention. We're going to need another year of this "slow build" to be in contention, IMO, which is a shame.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
We're going to need another year of this "slow build" to be in contention, IMO, which is a shame.

I don't disagree with you but I see the future as a fork in the road with Kyler situation.

One way is with Kyler and that means WAY better in 2024.
The other way is total rebuild (no Kyler) and that means 2024 will be better than 2023 but 2025 would be the year to compete.

Again - it all depends on Kyler decision.

We have never had a "slow build' into a strong foundation and consistent winning.
We have either not been quite good enough (mediocrity) or not sucked quite enough (mediocrity).
I am 100% for building this up the right way - even if it takes 2-3 years.

Stout

Reaction score
I don't disagree with you but I see the future as a fork in the road with Kyler situation.

One way is with Kyler and that means WAY better in 2024.
The other way is total rebuild (no Kyler) and that means 2024 will be better than 2023 but 2025 would be the year to compete.

Again - it all depends on Kyler decision.

We have never had a "slow build' into a strong foundation and consistent winning.
We have either not been quite good enough (mediocrity) or not sucked quite enough (mediocrity).
I am 100% for building this up the right way - even if it takes 2-3 years.
The problem is that slow builds really aren't a thing in the NFL any longer. This is a league of quick turnarounds. If you're absolutely devoid of talent and gutted as a team (like us!), sure, it should take an extra year. Anything more than 2 years shouldn't be needed, unless you're doing it wrong.

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score
Glad he is playing well- I wouldn’t consider to sign him to a long contract tho till he is close to free agency if he continues to perform.

ILB kind of seems like defensive RB position - necessary to have a good one, but no one respects their pay scale or is clamoring over each other to attain one

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
The Kyler situation will certainly be key. And yes, good coaching can always elevate a roster. In this case, it's elevating a putrid roster to looking good in losing. Adding a couple impact players can have it be elevated from a bad roster to winning a few. I don't see it putting us in contention. We're going to need another year of this "slow build" to be in contention, IMO, which is a shame.
You say slow rebuild, but if Kyler is not a part of this team next year and we're going with a rookie QB, next year would not be a year we would contend for anything anyway.

Stout

Reaction score
You say slow rebuild, but if Kyler is not a part of this team next year and we're going with a rookie QB, next year would not be a year we would contend for anything anyway.
If that happens, then I would concede another slow year because of the amount of hit to our cap getting rid of Kyler would generate. Problem being, if Monti was already planning for Kyler failing and getting rid of him, why not do it before 2024?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave