Cards Sign Brooks Reed

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Didn't cost much so not a big deal. They may be able to squeeze something out of him for a year. Lord knows they need LB's.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the fact that we’re doing something. Better players will be available as the year rolls on. Like it or not we are building the roster from the bottom / middle up and not sitting on our hands waiting to see if we can get player X for a cheaper price and then watch them sign somewhere else.

AZALUM

Reaction score
Maybe at the end of next season the Cards will wish they had signed him to a two year deal at this price.....?

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
This more than likely spells the end of the Junkyard Dog Golden’s days in Zona.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
He's a part time/depth guy at this point. Not a bad veteran to have around but not someone you want starting a ton of games.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This more than likely spells the end of the Junkyard Dog Golden’s days in Zona.

It's, from what I've read, that Golden places are different value on his services than the Cards would be prepared to pay at this point. I imagine they'll suggest he test the market and perhaps then there's something to be done.

Speaks to a likely BOSA - CHANDLER tandem with REED as the primary backup.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Some have said it, but Keim is trying to build a deep roster and is spending on FA vets that he feels he can get below market rate. We are adding bodies for young players to have to beat out vs forcing guys into action before they are ready. Essentially trying to find some Josh Bynes type players.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Possibly, but I imagine it's more that Mayowa is going to move on to another 4-3 team.

If you're planning on Brooks Reed playing 65%+ of your defensive snaps, you're not planning on having a good defense.

I dont know. If you moved him around and had another Rusher (Bosa) on the field at the same time, I think it could work.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I dont know. If you moved him around and had another Rusher (Bosa) on the field at the same time, I think it could work.
Well, if you have Bosa and Chandler Jones, you're probably only using Reed on 30% of the snaps, anyway.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Well, if you have Bosa and Chandler Jones, you're probably only using Reed on 30% of the snaps, anyway.

You could take out one of the ILBs and use Reed there.

I do agree that if he is the every down starter, this defense will suck...but honestly, how much worse than Golden is he?

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Some have said it, but Keim is trying to build a deep roster and is spending on FA vets that he feels he can get below market rate. We are adding bodies for young players to have to beat out vs forcing guys into action before they ar. Essentially trying to find some Josh Bynes type players.

Depth matters. Assume you're several players deep at a position, take your eyes off the ball and watch a rash injuries reduce your depth to Jello. Happens every year.[/QUOTE]

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Can’t see Golden on the team next year, especially if he thinks he a valued commodity. He’s a guy who needs to be on an incentive laden contract.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose