Cards - Saints GAME CANCELLED

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Now Kyler has an excuse
Not really, no starters were going to play game 3 on vast majority of not all other preseason games. Should have played more second game if anything considering how bad it was

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
This team is not prepared for the regular season. But is the right thing to do for new orleans people. Presses on done right and teams peak on the first game, when everyone is healthy.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A plane that size, I would have thought so. You can't just lay claim to whatever airspace you want. But I don't really know.

They certainly didn't do it without asking for clearance from flight controllers.

Planes get rerouted for all kinds of reasons, they merely had to radio the ATC, the ATC would give them a new route and altitude.

The only real complication might be on arrival back in Phoenix, the plane might get stuck on the tarmac for a while if there wasn't space for them to unload.

My dad was a pilot for Delta and in the air force and I have a private pilots license... but I have not flown in years.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I feel bad for the guys who were fighting for a roster spot of this team, or other teams for that matter.
Yeah, me too. It may not mean anything for us, or much for the team, but those guys are scrambling to build a career. It sucks, but it can't be helped.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of omens (okay, call me crazy), so NOT having to play on the New Orleans turf is a great omen for the Cardinals. I would guess that if the game were played that at least one team member would have suffered a season ending injury. As a fan, I'll miss watching the game, or replay of the game, but in two weeks time I'll be glad I did.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
The saints players need to evacuate their families and help their community. That’s why it shouldn’t be moved. I did some disaster work on Katrina, and was an army engineer that helped evaluate the levies and Structual integrity in New Orleans in 1982 - the reason Nawlings is vulnerable is obvious- it is below sea level in many places. Will see if we learned anything from past mistakes, or still praying for the impossible. God speed Cajun nation.

ok a hurricane was coming and authorities ordered evacuation- a preacher stood at his church and proclaimed, I’m not going anywhere - My God will protect me!
well sideways rains came and a truck rolled up and said, get in here sir, preacher said no thank you my lord will protect me. Water rose as the tempest picked up and he was forced to the 2nd story Of the house. A boat came by and said get in sir, wee will float you to safety! preacher said thank you kindly but my savior will protect me and see me through. Levies broke storm surge rose, forcing the preacher to his roof top - where a helicopter flew over and dropped a sky hook, pleading, hang on sir we will fly you to safety! -preacher stubbornly replied, I need no earth,y protection my GOD will protect me as I am his loyal servant. Finally the house collapsed, preacher drowned, and was standing at the pearly gates addressing Saint Peter. Preacher was beside himself, saying no I need to talk to the big guy, ive dedicated my life to the lord. St. Peter agree and sent the preacher to stand before GOD! falling at gods feet the preacher said I don’t understand my lord, I’ve done more them you ever asked of me, been loyal, dedicated, why did you not protect me from this tempest?
God replied - I sent you a truck a boat and a helicopter!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave