Cards re-sign Zach Ertz

WeBlitz

Rookie
Reaction score
Zach Ertz makes the offense more predictable, IMHO.

I also find it interesting that the Eagles were able to find their groove once they traded him.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Uh, maybe the actual top TEs in the league like Kittle, Kelce, & Waller…? Even guys like Mark Andrews & Mike Gesicki.

Funny. If those guys are more a vertical threat (and I doubt most of them are) it's a function of routes they are asked to run. Not speed or athletic ability.

Ertz is the exact same runner that made him a 3 time Pro Bowler and considered the 3rd best tight end in the league not many years ago. There's no evidence that he's slower.

And FYI, his average depth of target last year was greater than Kelce.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
You know what else was predictable last year? Throwing the ball 20-40 yards to a very tight sideline with very low probability of success on 3rd and short. Drive killers.

Ertz has to be accounted for in the middle of the field AND KK has to use him more.
We have to run the ball more consistently (better oline and better play calling).
We have to find a WR that can stretch the field vertically.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I like the signing and it has nothing to do with Keim. I think Ertz makes this team better.
I neither love nor hate Keim. Each move should be evaluated on its own merits. This was a good re-sign IMO, especially if Maxx Williams comes back healthy.

And if Daniels and Harris are signed it will be a BAD move.

Reactions: PJ1

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think signing Ertz is okay. But day one has many saying we had a great day one.
Really? Everthing that happened day one could have happened 3 weeks ago.

Hurray for Keim. We were able to sign players that were on this team last year and lost Edmonds and Kirk. So at the moment we are worse off than last year.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Man this deal just irritates me more & more.

Massive overpay to a TE that can’t burn vertically anymore & is notorious for being an awful blocker. Just makes the offense a lot more predictable.

The “best TE in our history” is such a pathetic reason for it considering how low the bar is. Or just because other teams make more insane deals that it’s cool to justify this one

Some of you guys that claim to want Keim gone, but are happy with some of the signings so far. It’s hilarious, but it’s sad & obvious how a FO can manipulate fans so easy.

I think signing Ertz is okay. But day one has many saying we had a great day one.
Really? Everthing that happened day one could have happened 3 weeks ago.

Hurray for Keim. We were able to sign players that were on this team last year and lost Edmonds and Kirk. So at the moment we are worse off than last year.
Yea I knew Keim was planning on running it back once he got the extension. However, running it back with an even less explosive team doesnt give me a lot of confidence.

If Keim was great at drafting I'd worry less about it.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We will never go into an offseason with $50m+ cap because Keim spend it all in advance making room for this year. Rinse and repeat.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media