Cards re-sign Matt Prater and Corey Clement

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So is it about guaranteed money or total contract? With Allen, you said he's getting his 45 mill. With Prater, it's easily moved on after 1 year.
I'm saying Allen is getting 32 Mill and Prater is getting 4mill unless they outplay their expectations.

And I said that Allen's cap hit will still be $15.25m a year even if he's cut after 2 years.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
So is it about guaranteed money or total contract? With Allen, you said he's getting his 45 mill. With Prater, it's easily moved on after 1 year.
I'm saying Allen is getting 32 Mill and Prater is getting 4mill unless they outplay their expectations.
Allen is definitely a 2 year deal for $32 million...the 3rd year is just to spread cap hit. Murphy is basically a 1 year out...Same with Beachum, Kyzir White and Prater. The only one I'm waiting to see is Hernandez, but I'd bet he's got a 1 year out, too.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
He is the Broncos second highest cap number in 24! In 2024, the Broncos have 35 player under contract and after a rookie pool, will only have about $4 million in space. This doesn't account for any other players or rookies deals signed this year. They can't cut Wilson either because of the $85 million in dead money he'd create. They are stuck with him through at least 2026. They'll have some work to do after this season.

Card4Life

Rookie
Reaction score
Still got to make 'dem kicks.
Agree, but I want make and stop 'dem 6's more than make 'dem 3's. I think he's a good kicker, just don't want to sink a lot of cash into a nearly 40yr old coming off an injury. Don't know what we paid him. My point was that I would have put that money toward more of a position of need than kicker at this point. We all have our opinions, I respect yours as well.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
Agree, but I want make and stop 'dem 6's more than make 'dem 3's. I think he's a good kicker, just don't want to sink a lot of cash into a nearly 40yr old coming off an injury. Don't know what we paid him. My point was that I would have put that money toward more of a position of need than kicker at this point. We all have our opinions, I respect yours as well.

Our offense will probably rarely sniff the endzone(especially when Kyler is out) so our kicker will be the main source for any points this season. Prater has shown to be fairly accurate from 50+ as well.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Our offense will probably rarely sniff the endzone(especially when Kyler is out) so our kicker will be the main source for any points this season. Prater has shown to be fairly accurate from 50+ as well.
If we won’t sniff the endzone we will lose. Does it really matter by how much?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I give up on trying to figure out these contracts. Brissett signed a 1 year contract for 8m… 3m gauranteed? How does that work? He makes 3m if they cut him or what?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I doubt this extension was decided by Monty
Bidwill still have tge hands everywhere, signing his new buddy after Keim departure