Cards Practice Squad Signees

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Cardinals are signing OL Will House to their practice squad, per source.

The Arizona Cardinals have just signed my client Alec James (DE, Wisconsin) to their practice squad.

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
#AZCardinals signed seven players to the PS. (Allowed up to 10) OL Will House DE Alec James QB Charles Kanoff RB Elijhaa Penny DT Pasoni Tasini WR Jalen Tolliver TE Andrew Vollert

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Anyone know if Will House was signed to the PS??

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The last 3 additions are very athletic
In particular bj bello
4:56 40dash
1:47 10-yard split
6:71 3 cone drill
Can be an option for special teams

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chris Campbell wasn’t even offered?

Dont know, they are waiting 3 years to get something from b.Williams who already cost us some games, and they move on from him in 3months...and Campbell knows the position and has the lenght
Probably he has bad attitude

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Dont know, they are waiting 3 years to get something from b.Williams who already cost us some games, and they move on from him in 3months...and Campbell knows the position and has the lenght
I think our scouting department needs some help in evaluations.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

If Brandon Williams would have Campbell's instincts or experience for the position, he would be a number one starting corner in this league and a great addition opposite of Pat P. Brandon Williams is an athletic freak but unfortunately cannot get his freak on because he lacks instincts. His coach at LSU/A&M made the assumption he would but he lacks for the position and no matter how nuts it may seem... I would give Brandon Williams the offensive playbook as a running back, not to change position directly (because not everyone can adjust like the great Roy Green) but that is what he initially was I believe and at least have that as a viable attribute

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Brandon Williams would have Campbell's instincts or experience for the position, he would be a number one starting corner in this league and a great addition opposite of Pat P. Brandon Williams is an athletic freak but unfortunately cannot get his freak on because he lacks instincts. His coach at LSU/A&M made the assumption he would but he lacks for the position and no matter how nuts it may seem... I would give Brandon Williams the offensive playbook as a running back, not to change position directly (because not everyone can adjust like the great Roy Green) but that is what he initially was I believe and at least have that as a viable attribute
Instinct is the most important thing in
football
Look at reddick
They both have amazing athletics traits, but they look lost on the field, their reaction is always 0.5 sec slower then any other players, they dont have any clue where the ball is or reading a play
Pass
Daryl Washington was a combinations of athletics freak and amazing instincts
What a waste

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Instinct is the most important thing in football

That's what made Honey Badger great, who already had limited athletic ability, though he is still an option after the injuries due to the instincts... but for corner you have to have both, Campbell lacks the physical and Williams the mental but at least with physical you can throw the guy out there to half ass some positions opposed to having your ass handed to you which is what I guess the coaching staff is thinking

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I did a little reading about the two defensive backs they claimed.

In the summer of 2017 Chris Jones tore his meniscus which meant that he only played four games as a senior last season. Before the injury he had a reputation as a lockdown cornerback, and he was considered a mid-round draft pick. He is a physical press man-cornerback which suits Al Holcomb’s defense well.

Most think that the injury, and the fact that he rushed back from it and in doing so played sub-par the rest of the season, caused him to go undrafted.

With the Lions he impressed in their training camp and preseason games. Obviously not enough to make them want to keep him, but supposedly it was basically because he fell victim to a number’s game at cornerback, and as far as I can tell, they wanted him back on their practice squad.

Demetrious Cox had a very strong junior season at Michigan State, and many analysts thought he would have been a high draft pick if he came out after that year (it was reported that at least some scouts had a first round grade on him). He didn’t, his senior season went south, and he ended up going undrafted.

Cox was the leader of Michigan State’s secondary, and, by the way, remember that such things says something when you have Mark Dantonio as your head coach, and Cox has played both safety and cornerback in college.

Steve Wilks was the defensive coordinator with the Panthers when they claimed him off waivers last season, and thus probably were involved in the decision.

Both players are said to be great special teams players.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Wow, they must think alot of him to put him on the 53. That's sight unseen, right? Then they bring him in for a physical? I guess they could always fail him if they don't like what they see. Is that how that goes?

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Wow, they must think alot of him to put him on the 53. That's sight unseen, right? Then they bring him in for a physical? I guess they could always fail him if they don't like what they see. Is that how that goes?
Tbh you don't need to be that special to warrant a roster spot on the Cards. That's where we are these days.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you sign someone off of a another team's PS, they must be on the active roster.

https://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/collective-bargaining-agreement-2011-2020.pdf - starting at page 160.

From the CBA: "If a player on the practice squad of one club (Club A) signs a contract with another club (Club B), (1) the player shall receive three weeks salary at the 53-player minimum even if he is terminated by Club B prior to earning that amount, and (2) Club B is required to count the player on its 53-player roster for three games (a bye week counts as a game) even if he is terminated, traded or assigned via waivers to another club or is signed as a free agent to another club’s 53-player roster or another club’s practice squad prior to that time.

"If the player is terminated from Club B’s 53-player roster and signed to Club B’s practice squad, he shall continue to count on the club’s 53-player roster but shall not count against the 10-player practice squad limit until the three-game requirement has been fulfilled. If a player is terminated prior to the completion of the three-game period and is signed to Club B’s practice squad or is signed or assigned to another club’s 53-player roster or practice squad, any salary that he receives from any NFL club applicable to the three-game period shall be an offset against the three weeks’ salary that he is entitled to receive from Club B. If the promotion occurs with fewer than three games remaining in the club’s regular season, the three-game requirement for roster count shall not carry over into the next season."

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If you sign someone off of a another team's PS, they must be on the active roster.

https://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/collective-bargaining-agreement-2011-2020.pdf - starting at page 160.

It's interesting that doesn't say anything about a physical. That was my question. What if the player has a health issue that prevents him from playing, that either the original team didn't bother to report, or maybe didn't know about? It's not their responsibility to look out for the teams that might pilfer their players.