At least I think it is,the preview is showing clips of the game. Its on now

OP
OP
ANDY440

ANDY440

Registered
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Well its not in the top 10 but they did mention it and show a couple clips.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
NFL Network Top 10 shows aren't kind to the Cards. In their top 10 combacks, the Cards comeback win over the Bucs in 1987 wasn't even mentioned even though they overcame a 28-3 4th quarter deficit in doing so. That's 1 quarter, not all game long like some of the one's they mention. Oh they mention our loss to the Bears alright even though it was only a 17 point comeback.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I totally thought we were going to win that day. I knew the way we had rallied in that game at SDS to get jobbed on the non call PI on Rob Moore had us confident we could take them.

The playoff win that completly surprised me was the one over Carolina. We had been so bad on the road, back East, in weather, and they breezed right down the field for an easy TD the first time they had the ball. Then, we just dominated them.... still amazing to watch.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I totally thought we were going to win that day. I knew the way we had rallied in that game at SDS to get jobbed on the non call PI on Rob Moore had us confident we could take them.

me too. I remember after the San Diego game that put us in the playoffs, me, ouchie and other bro screaming down the SDS Hallway "We want Dallas! We want Dallas!" we were going to win that game come hell or high water.

The playoff win that completly surprised me was the one over Carolina. We had been so bad on the road, back East, in weather, and they breezed right down the field for an easy TD the first time they had the ball. Then, we just dominated them.... still amazing to watch.

agreed as well. I thought we were a lock to win the ATL game, but really didn't expect much else in the Carolina game. That domination was so freaking unreal.

But once we won that sucker, there was no doubt in my mind that we were beating the Eagles.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

Maybe it was wishful thinking, but after almost beating them there earlier in the year, I was optimistic. Certainly wasn't shocked that we got the win, although the blowout was definitely unexpected.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Maybe it was wishful thinking, but after almost beating them there earlier in the year, I was optimistic. Certainly wasn't shocked that we got the win, although the blowout was definitely unexpected.
wasn't it earlier that year that Carolina had that long pass TD that Smith stepped out on and we got screwed?

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score

I think I was more surprise by the way we won than the actual win. That was the most dominating win I have ever seen in the divisional round.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
wasn't it earlier that year that Carolina had that long pass TD that Smith stepped out on and we got screwed?

Good memory...not as in it was a good memory, but I'm sure you got that.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
For that Dallas game, I was happy just to be there and the idea of winning it didn't germinate until the half.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What got me about this game is that all the while we got into Delhomme's head to the point that he thought he played for the Cardinals. But we were piling up point after point and all the while Darryl Johnston kept on harping "give them time they'e blow it". I half expected to see Johnston wearing a Panther jersey.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't think there is a more entertaining team to watch in the playoffs than the Cardinals when they get in. Whether its the '98 playoff game against Dallas, the 2008 playoff run or the 2009 game against GB the Cardinals always seem to defy the odds and play some of the most entertaining playoff football in the NFL.

chickenhead

Reaction score
As much as your Esiasons and Collinsworths have a hate on for the Cardinals, a lot of other football fans have enjoyed seeing them win in the postseason, and people who know me have always been excited on my behalf. Got lots of texts during the Carolina game. But then, I get excited for my friends who are die-hard fans of hard-luck teams, too.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
As much as your Esiasons and Collinsworths have a hate on for the Cardinals, a lot of other football fans have enjoyed seeing them win in the postseason, and people who know me have always been excited on my behalf. Got lots of texts during the Carolina game. But then, I get excited for my friends who are die-hard fans of hard-luck teams, too.

One thing about this club is, even if we were winning regularly and making deep playoff runs year after year, I just cant see them being considered the "bad guys." I kind of feel this way about Green Bay now too with Aaron Rodgers, I love watching them win even though I despised them with Favre. Its all about how the team is built and the character of the players. at least we always have that going for us.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave